Savage xl and lrp.30 engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baoduong

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just got a used one gallon ran thru lrp.30 . I did put it in my savage xl, i am still wonder that what is the correct needles factory setting for it? i did 2.75 turns out on high speed needle and 2.25 turn out on low speed needle, 1mm gap. But it's not run like normal, it would stop if i dont keep pull the trigger.
I think my factory needles setting is wrong or something wrong with it. I did replaced a new MC coy59 glow plug.:angry:

Here's the manual:
http://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/cars_and_trucks/shared/LRP32810_engine.pdf

LSN: 2.25 turns from bottom
HSN: 2.75 turns from bottom

If you have a gallon through it, those settings are probably pretty rich. Back them both down 1/4 turn.

Also, I'd ditch the 59 glowplug and go for the MC-8. I know my LRP28's run really good on 25% fuel with the MC-8 plugs. I ran 20% fuel once, it they didn't like it much... really noticed the temps climbing up on me. Was surprised that 5% made such a difference in tune really. Now I run 25% in all my rigs just to keep the same fuel for everything.

I know my LRP's also have a finicky LSN. Once you get it dialed, it's great, but can take some really minor tweaking to get it there. They really are one of those engines where 1/16th of a turn makes a pretty big difference.

I am tuning my lrp.30, i got the temperature around 200-250, but the problem is it can not idle for a long time, if i let it idle for about ten seconds, then pull back the throttle trigger, the engine would die, i dont know what's wrong

if you let it idle and pull the trigger does it smoke really bad then die? if so then you lsn is a touch rich. other than that I'm clueless. goodluck

after i let it idle for about 10 seconds or more, then pull back the trigger, the engine sounds like it doesn't want to run and it would die in 2-3 seconds, there are smoke

Lean the LSN until it will idle for ten seconds and take off fine, it sounds like the engine is loading up from the LSN being too rich.

thanks, i lean the lsn and the problem fixed, i got the temperature around 220-250, but i still can not do wheelie with it, the lrp.30 should does wheelie with savage xl, i put a little bigger tires on it( big joe tires along with axial beadlock rims). Does it able to do any wheelie?

Could be something slipping, your spur/slipper or your clutch shoes. My 1" extended savage wheelies with ease with my LRP28 in it.

Although, what gearing are you running? I think I'm running 49/16.

my spur/slipper are good, my gears are 16/52

i dont know why, right now when first start it, the engine starts with 2-3 pull, but after i ran about half tank, the engine automatic off, the temperature is about 220-255, and it's really hard to start later and it would stop if i stop pulling the throttle trigger

Back