New to nitro. Need Help.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug3d10

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello! I have an ACME NB16 buggy which I purchased in june, I have not been able to master the tuning. When I ran it today I set the HSN to the setting which it was when i bought it (I have puictures of the HSN but not LSN, I am not sure if this is correct though) At first I started it and it was ok, althogh when i applied full throttle it bogged down I have seen posts which say that it is too rich so I turned the LSN clockwise to lean it out and it seemed to get worse, it started ok but only with a large carb gap and the idle was not at all clean, it was low and gurgally and fuel was spitting out of the exhaust, I left it running for a little while to try and get the engine to clear its self out but it ran for a bit and then died. I cannot work out what has gone wrong as I did not richen the needle. Maybe somehting to do with the HSN?. My other issue is that the pullstarted only turns over the engine when it is cold, when it is warm and i pull it the engine simply does not turn over, it lets me pull out the started though. I spilt some fuel on it which may be the cause, not sure though. Also if anyone knows the defult settings for the ACME NB16 with the SH .7 engine then please let me know.

Thanks!

Idle gap in carb - 1-1.5 mm gap showing

Low speed Needle - 3 turns out from closed. DO NOT turn this all the way in as it will come off the carb body and you will not be able to re-fit it.

High Speed Needle - 3 1/4 turns out from fully closed.

Idle gap in carb - 1-1.5 mm gap showing

Low speed Needle - 3 turns out from closed. DO NOT turn this all the way in as it will come off the carb body and you will not be able to re-fit it.

High Speed Needle - 3 1/4 turns out from fully closed.
By closed do you mean fully in or flush with the top?

turn in to close then out open