Element Ecto of Doom!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No time to play this weekend, only had a few minutes so I decided to remove the connection points that hold the side plates on the roll bars.

Connection points before removal.
PSX_20211017_190545.jpg

After removal
PSX_20211017_190922.jpg

Finally, more progress!
Ok, just wasn't feeling the vibe from the grill decal, so I made a new grill on the laser at work.

Original grill decal. Not that it's bad, but it's just kind of boring.
PSX_20211109_210206.jpg

Bits and pieces that I made with the laser. The top piece lays over the bottom piece just to add some depth for more visual interest.
PSX_20211109_210309.jpg

This is what it looks like when they overlay each other. Yes the color changed, the blue one was my first attempt, but was the wrong size....lesson here is always double check your dimensions BEFORE cutting. ;)
PSX_20211109_210411.jpg

Also going to add some screen door mesh to the backside.
PSX_20211109_210446.jpg

Hopefully it will all come together one I get it assembled and painted. Well, that's all I've got for now, hoping to get some time to work on it some more this weekend.

Finally, more progress!
Ok, just wasn't feeling the vibe from the grill decal, so I made a new grill on the laser at work.

View attachment 136255

Bits and pieces that I made with the laser. The top piece lays over the bottom piece just to add some depth for more visual interest.
View attachment 136256

This is what it looks like when they overlay each other. Yes the color changed, the blue one was my first attempt, but was the wrong size....lesson here is always double check your dimensions BEFORE cutting. ;)
View attachment 136261

View attachment 136262

Hopefully it will all come together one I get it assembled and painted. Well, that's all I've got for now, hoping to get some time to work on it some more this weekend.
Looks great @Doom! Look forward to the revision and seeing it in place👍🏼

Finally, more progress!

View attachment 136255

View attachment 136256

View attachment 136261

View attachment 136262

Can't you just use a paint marker like me everybody else?!

I need some time when I'm not exhausted after work, to make more than a crumbs worth of progress at a time, but something is better than nothing. I am really looking forward to the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, lots of food and some free time! :thumbs-up:

So how did Thanksgiving pan out?😁

Unfortunately, Not very well, my wife has been dealing with health issues since before Halloween, so I have been a bit distracted. I really need to get her back to normal before I can concentrate fully on my rigs. I still try to squeeze in some time here and there, but been a little stressed. Forums keep me sane or as close to it as I can be for now. 🤪

Unfortunately, Not very well, my wife has been dealing with health issues since before Halloween, so I have been a bit distracted. I really need to get her back to normal before I can concentrate fully on my rigs. I still try to squeeze in some time here and there, but been a little stressed. Forums keep me sane or as close to it as I can be for now. 🤪
I hate to hear that man. Will send some prayers up for sure. Definitely a more important priority.

I hate to hear that man. Will send some prayers up for sure. Definitely a more important priority.
Thank you. She's getting some scans done this morning, then it will be wait another week before someone calls back to say you need to schedule another appointment. :doh: In the mean time she's still in pain. :(

Thank you. She's getting some scans done this morning, then it will be wait another week before someone calls back to say you need to schedule another appointment. :doh: In the mean time she's still in pain. :(
Went through similar with my wife a few years ago. The medical system is a mess and even the best of them are only “practicing” medicine. It can be a tough road. Try to keep a good outlook in all the difficulties. 👍🏻

Went through similar with my wife a few years ago. The medical system is a mess and even the best of them are only “practicing” medicine. It can be a tough road. Try to keep a good outlook in all the difficulties. 👍🏻

Yup, my wife has shoulder bursitis and they are making her go through so many hoops and steps to get proper treatment.

She got to her appointment to do the imaging this morning and the tech asked her where the pain was, she then said that was strange, since the imaging request was for higher up, the tech was cool and did both areas so she wouldn't have to go back again.

She got to her appointment to do the imaging this morning and the tech asked her where the pain was, she then said that was strange, since the imaging request was for higher up, the tech was cool and did both areas so she wouldn't have to go back again.
Hey bud sorry to hear about the wifey. Hope they can fix the issue all the best in prayers bud. It's definitely been a crazy two months of health issue across the board. Found out my boss has cancer my father inlaw is having open heart surgery on the 28th. I can feel the stress. Hope she gets better soon bud 🙏 👍👍

Hey bud sorry to hear about the wifey.
Thanks, of course California had to put it's quarantine back in effect until Jan15th which makes it a pain in the backside if she requires surgery, I can't go in, I have to drop her off and pick her up but she can't have visitors. :doh: Trying not to get ahead of myself, guess I should wait and see what the doctor says.

Back