Element Ecto of Doom!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
Well, it's that time again, yep time for a new project. This time up we have the Element Ecto.

The first thing on my list was paint. I went around town trying to find what I was looking for today with no results. If I could have found what I was looking for it would have been $9.00 a can. It will cost me $15.00 online and a slight delay in scheduling.

Since the paint is on hold, we will move on to something else. Going to add wood planks to the bed area of the body, a little upgrade frome the decal it's currently sporting.

PSX_20211002_181327.jpg

Went through my stash of groovy stuff I might need some day, and found a thin sheet of bass wood. First thing is cutting it into the correct size strips. Easily cut with an Xacto knife.
PSX_20211002_181618.jpg

A quick test fit.
PSX_20211002_181745.jpg

Next step will be to sand and stain the planks. Have to do that tomorrow.

Last edited:
Looking good. The smallest things can make a big improvement.

Your tittle got me wanting Hi-c ecto cooler now.

It really does add a whole other level to it vs the sticker underneath. Looking forward to see how this progresses. Funny thing is I never gave a second thought to scaler stuff but watching all you guys do this kind of stuff is actually interesting to me now. I mean still not my bag to actually do it but I've come to enjoy watching what you guys create 👍

It really does add a whole other level to it vs the sticker underneath. Looking forward to see how this progresses. Funny thing is I never gave a second thought to scaler stuff but watching all you guys do this kind of stuff is actually interesting to me now. I mean still not my bag to actually do it but I've come to enjoy watching what you guys create 👍

Run far away. It starts with leds. Light buckets, wood planks, 3d print grilles, put mini radiators behind the grill. Its like an ocd setting in, you give it an inch, it takes a mile!

Well, it's that time again, yep time for a new project. This time up we have the Element Ecto.

The first thing on my list was paint. I went around town trying to find what I was looking for today with no results. If I could have found what I was looking for it would have been $9.00 a can. It will cost me $15.00 online and a slight delay in scheduling.

Since the paint is on hold, we will move on to something else. Going to add wood planks to the bed area of the body, a little upgrade frome the decal it's currently sporting.

View attachment 134235

Went through my stash of groovy stuff I might need some day, and found a thin sheet of bass wood. First thing is cutting it into the correct size strips. Easily cut with an Xacto knife.
View attachment 134236

A quick test fit.
View attachment 134237

Next step will be to sand and stain the planks. Have to do that tomorrow.
Man that looks awesome sir.
WELL DONE 👍👍👍
Can't wait to see the finished stain..going to keep the natural look. Or goes with something a little darker. Depending on paint I would stay natrual.

Run far away. It starts with leds. Light buckets, wood planks, 3d print grilles, put mini radiators behind the grill. Its like an ocd setting in, you give it an inch, it takes a mile!
You sir are 100% on point.. it does become ocd... its always how can I make the look more realistic to scale...
What, no mahogany?!
Or maybe some red cedar??. Wouldn't really have to worry about water

I've come to really appreciate scale details, but unfortunately, I have little attention span to get deep into it. I do have enough attention span to read/see what others do though 😀

I've come to really appreciate scale details, but unfortunately, I have little attention span to get deep into it. I do have enough attention span to read/see what others do though 😀
Oh my adhd kicks in all the time.. I start one thing. Then start thinking of something else I wanted to do. Then off to that. And back.. its frustrating and horrible...🤣🤣

I got a bit of that as well.
Isn't it fun. Bouncing all over the place. One thought to the next and back again. It's like a viscous game are mind plays on us.🤣🤣🤣🤪😜

Man that looks awesome sir.
WELL DONE 👍👍👍
Can't wait to see the finished stain..going to keep the natural look. Or goes with something a little darker. Depending on paint I would stay natrual.
I love the natural look, but I want this one to have a bit of aged feel to it.it will go with the weathered body better.
Oh my adhd kicks in all the time.. I start one thing. Then start thinking of something else I wanted to do. Then off to that. And back.. its frustrating and horrible...🤣🤣
^^^^Truth you don't want to know how many half finished projects I have around the house. That's why I try to finish them fairly quickly, before I get distracted by another idea. I enjoy the detailing like some of you enjoy the wrenching. :thumbs-up:

Echo is very interesting and not a bad price. What do you think of it? I met a guy crawling that had a gate keeper a couple weeks ago and thought it would be very good without the heavy cage body. I come home and there it is on their website. Gatekeeper with a cool creeper style body. Good luck with it.

@Jimbobjr Havent taken the Ecto out for a spin yet but I really like it. I've been impressed with all three of my Element RC's. Of course I'm fairly new to crawling and just might not know any better. If so, ignorance is bliss, because I've been enjoying them. :)

Last edited:
Back