T-Maxx Truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No everything should work as long as it has battery power. You might try rebinding the transmitter to the receiver too
could only part of it be binded?
Post automatically merged:

I think on the brake - that will just be adjusting the travel on the shaft; but, here is the video. Well, I guess I need to read and see how to attach a video on this.
Post automatically merged:

I saw a thread how to post pictures, I know how to do that - but how do I post a video?

Last edited:
got it all figured out, got everything working and adjusted - this TMaxx is ready to roll. One question - this after oiling, it seems if I fire it up I need to run the tank dry and then run the after oil through it every time, is that correct?

If you mean running the tank out on the last tank you're gonna run for the day and then adding a few drops of after run before you put it up for the day then yes you need to do that every time.

So what was the fix to the issue?

If you mean running the tank out on the last tank you're gonna run for the day and then adding a few drops of after run before you put it up for the day then yes you need to do that every time.

So what was the fix to the issue?
That is what I was figuring.

Just tweaking the knobs and dials on the transmitter and then there was this auxiliary switch - that engages it to reverse

This one is ready to roll, just need to add fuel. I think I will pull the front bumpers off and straighten them out though.

Attachments

• TMaxx Classic 2.5.jpg
    TMaxx Classic 2.5.jpg
    392.8 KB · Views: 35
This stupid truck. I had it turning over here in the house the other day with the battery-pack, did not have any fuel in it, just seeing how it worked, and it worked fine. This evening I add fuel and nothing, frek'n crickets. This battery-pack has two lights, one for the Glow Plug, does the Glow Plug have to warm up before it all kicks in? Although it didn't the other day....

Ok - here is where I am at. if I pull the auto start off the engine it spins fine, once I hook it back to the engine it will not turn the engine over; I can spin the engine by hand easily. I figure the starter motor is bad. I found a starter motor in his basket of goodies; but as I dig into it, the package had been opened and the motor in the bag was used, the new one was already on the truck, which leads me to believe - he too was having some trouble. I went ahead and put the old starter motor back on, it turned the engine over a couple of rotations and again - nothing. It has to be something between the power pack and the engine. The power pack gets very hot, but it is also a new one. I wonder, could he have gotten the one-way bearing in backwards?

So I was out for a walk and thinking - one of the gears seemed to me to be missing a bushing and I wonder if it were not getting off kilter and binding up. When I got back I Tmaxxed it and it does not appear it uses a bushing - which seems a little weird to me.

I shook it and pounded on "it" with a small pair of plyers and it took off...then then quit. So something is getting in a bind somewhere.

"it" being the gearbox for the ez start

Attachments

• ez start 2.5.jpg
    ez start 2.5.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
So I was out for a walk and thinking - one of the gears seemed to me to be missing a bushing and I wonder if it were not getting off kilter and binding up. When I got back I Tmaxxed it and it does not appear it uses a bushing - which seems a little weird to me.

If you are dry starting or the engine has a lot of compression ,that starter may not have
enough power ,maybe weak battery!
Is possible that the o-way is in backwards ,but it will free spin ,if the starter is rotating an
spinning but the engine is not turning over ,then the o-way bearing has been put in backwards
an it is only free spinning!

It is not good to try to start on a cold start ,try warming the engine up with a hot hair blow
dryer ,even though that doesn't get hot enough ,it may help!.:thumbs-up:

but the bassturd isn't even turning over.
When I engage the ez-start battery pack I can hear it click. this is so crap.
If you are dry starting or the engine has a lot of compression ,that starter may not have
enough power ,maybe weak battery!
Is possible that the o-way is in backwards ,but it will free spin ,if the starter is rotating an
spinning but the engine is not turning over ,then the o-way bearing has been put in backwards
an it is only free spinning!

It is not good to try to start on a cold start ,try warming the engine up with a hot hair blow
dryer ,even though that doesn't get hot enough ,it may help!.:thumbs-up:
So, you are suggesting that the engine needs warmed up first, because the e-z start will not turn the engine over because of too much compression?

Last edited:
but the bassturd isn't even turning over.
When I engage the ez-start battery pack I can hear it click. this is so crap.

So, you are suggesting that the engine needs warmed up first, because the e-z start will not turn the engine over because of too much compression?

Yes ,but actually a heat gun is better ,to heat the engine up to about 200 deg. or more!
Dont really know too much about yours ,but engines have pinch in there sleeves ,more
pinch when they are cold than when they are heated up for operating temps!

I always removed the ezstart systems cuz I personally think theyre garbage. Mine always developed issues after awhile but heres the exploded view so you can make sure the system is at least put together properly and not missing any pieces.

5276-exploded-view.png

I always removed the ezstart systems cuz I personally think theyre garbage. Mine always developed issues after awhile but heres the exploded view so you can make sure the system is at least put together properly and not missing any pieces.
I am thinking I may convert mine over to a manual pull start.

There are other kinds besides the TigerDrive S682 made by Sullivan but this is the only one I know for sure works with the TRX engines. That being said they seem to be out of stock everywhere.

They also make ones like THIS but IDK if that one will work for sure with the TRX engines. It says in the listing that its compatible with Traxxas as well as a whole bunch of other brands. Someone else may be able to make a better recommendation of something that is in stock and will for sure work. Either way you will need the starting wand bit although you dont have to buy the starting wand. You can use a drill with a clutch too.

Success boys! Got the T-Maxx 2.5 fired off and had a small test drive!

I know I have read it - but how should I adjust the carb for breaking it in? It dies as soon as I let off the throttle

Last edited:
Back