Betty is getting a make over!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
This build may take me awhile as I'm heavily invested in LiPo testing right now and in between tests I'm still hooked on playing Cyberpunk 2077. Ill get around to it slowly but surely and Ill post updates when they are available.

So first things first...Going brushless! This is prolly gonna end up being more of rock bouncer than a crawler as I not only bought the Furitek brushless motor and motor mount but I also bought their bigger 15T pinion option too. I did not however, buy the Furitek ESC, Instead I'm going with a Castle Sidewinder Mamba Micro 2 ESC. I bought the combo Mamba Micro 2/8200kv motor but the 8200kv motor is for a future project where I want to pair it with a Tekin RS ESC in my Losi Mini B and make a little 1/16th scale land rocket. So ignore the Castle motor in the pic. I did place a Deans connector in the pic for size reference.

I also bought The Hot Racing servo mount as well as a Savox SH-0255MG servo for it. Also picked up some Hot Racing oil emulsion shocks for her too. Unfortunately the only color I could find was orange so I'm going to end up stripping the anodizing off of them and just running with black and silver.

Picked up some RC4WD Mickey Thompson Baja Claw tires to go on some black and green Treal beadlocks as well as just about every black and/or green Treal hop up available for it. I wanted to buy some portals for it but I think I'm going to wait until someone comes out with some metal ones since this is going to mostly end up being a shelf queen.

Oh and I also found some 1000mAh LiPos for Betty too :)

20211011_172041.jpg

20211011_172153.jpg
20211011_172301.jpg
20211011_172449.jpg
20211011_172750.jpg
20211012_163848.jpg
20211012_163958.jpg
20211012_163858.jpg

Project fastest SCX24?

Project fastest SCX24?
If I thought I could get that 8200kv Castle motor in it I would try it lol. Although it will still have a 1400kv motor in it. It should scoot :)

Wow, nice project!! Going all in with the Treal :D
Yeah, I've never bought anything from Treal before. I have to say just going off of what I've seen so far their products see to be really good quality. Their beadlocks went together fairly easily although never having owned any kind of beadlocks before I did have to undo and redo a couple of them 2 or 3 times. Was getting the feel for it toward the end though.

She is going to be one bad mama man. Definitely can't wait to see this build.

This build may take me awhile as I'm heavily invested in LiPo testing right now and in between tests I'm still hooked on playing Cyberpunk 2077. Ill get around to it slowly but surely and Ill post updates when they are available.

So first things first...Going brushless! This is prolly gonna end up being more of rock bouncer than a crawler as I not only bought the Furitek brushless motor and motor mount but I also bought their bigger 15T pinion option too. I did not however, buy the Furitek ESC, Instead I'm going with a Castle Sidewinder Mamba Micro 2 ESC. I bought the combo Mamba Micro 2/8200kv motor but the 8200kv motor is for a future project where I want to pair it with a Tekin RS ESC in my Losi Mini B and make a little 1/16th scale land rocket. So ignore the Castle motor in the pic. I did place a Deans connector in the pic for size reference.

I also bought The Hot Racing servo mount as well as a Savox SH-0255MG servo for it. Also picked up some Hot Racing oil emulsion shocks for her too. Unfortunately the only color I could find was orange so I'm going to end up stripping the anodizing off of them and just running with black and silver.

Picked up some RC4WD Mickey Thompson Baja Claw tires to go on some black and green Treal beadlocks as well as just about every black and/or green Treal hop up available for it. I wanted to buy some portals for it but I think I'm going to wait until someone comes out with some metal ones since this is going to mostly end up being a shelf queen.

Oh and I also found some 1000mAh LiPos for Betty too :)

View attachment 135032
View attachment 135033View attachment 135034View attachment 135035View attachment 135036View attachment 135037View attachment 135038View attachment 135039
You have your work/fun cut out for you.. :)

@Greywolf74 - do you happen to know what size the screws are in those Treal beadlocks?
No clue. My thread checker doesn't go that small lol. I emailed Treal and asked them though. Be nice if I could order some black steel ones instead of stainless

RC4WD makes scale hex bolts that might fit in there is why I asked.

If you measure the thread diameter that will tell you what size the bolts are.

Use the rear part of the caliper jaws. If you use the tips, the accuracy isn't as good there.

Oh, well m1.6 is their smallest size I believe. So bummer.

Got some +5mm steel drive shafts. Waiting on some green Treal shocks. The Hot Racing "oil emulsion" shocks dont really have oil in them which I was hoping they did because the name on them but since they are not oil shocks I ordered some green ones.
20211028_110838.jpg

Back