T-Maxx Truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WideOpen

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
The boy has a small handful of goodies up in the attic - gonna get one running at a time, grandson wants the truck going first. So, here I have the T-Maxx gasser. Here are pictures - I know nothing - also, he had three controllers, can we know which one goes to this truck?

T Maxx Control.jpg
TMaxx 1.jpg
T-Maxx.jpg

Should be the Traxxas one in the middle unless someone changed it from stock
The boy has a small handful of goodies up in the attic - gonna get one running at a time, grandson wants the truck going first. So, here I have the T-Maxx gasser. Here are pictures - I know nothing - also, he had three controllers, can we know which one goes to this truck?

he had the fuel cell pulled and new hoses but didn't put it back on - how do I route the hoses

T-Maxx Fuel Cell.jpg

Tell me about this - I see where it plugs in, it says EZ Start on it, but it has two lights one "Motor" and one "Glow Plug". I am not sure how to select it or how to use it. I plugged it in the spot and pushed the button and nothing happened. When I push the button just sitting on the counter the Motor light lights up.

T-Maxx EZ Start.jpg

he had the fuel cell pulled and new hoses but didn't put it back on - how do I route the hoses
It should be something like this:

trx33engine_illustrated_f.jpg

Tell me about this - I see where it plugs in, it says EZ Start on it, but it has two lights one "Motor" and one "Glow Plug". I am not sure how to select it or how to use it. I plugged it in the spot and pushed the button and nothing happened. When I push the button just sitting on the counter the Motor light lights up.
I haven't owned any trucks with EZ start systems, but I think the light labeled "motor" probably indicates if the starter motor is spinning, and the "glow plug" indicates if the glow plug is hot (or it could be that the part isn't working idk).

My fuel cell has one outlet on the top and one on the bottom

Here is you manual...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIBRAC&usg=AOvVaw05Zt_zKC2hDQPkRfkNknkU

It has pics and everything in there showing where things go 😉

Before you get started with a nitro, it would be best to get familiar with everything. You need to keep the air filter lubed up, and after you run the car and put it up you need to remove the glow plug and put some after run oil into the cylinder. This keeps everything from corroding and seizing up on you.

There are tons of videos on that T-Maxx as well. As well as videos for people getting into nitro for the first time. They are a whole different animal, but sooo much fun!

Here is a good intro to nitro

Last edited:
I'm thinking the plug light meant that the plug was bad but heck its probably been 10+ years since I messed with an ez start system.

Most likely your engine is seized and it does not turn over even if you take the glow plug out. So you can try to check if you can turn over the motor by hand first. If you can't turn over, you have to release it.

That link already doesn't work :hehe:
Lol! That was fast. It was one of those chinese scams I bet. You know, $10 for an F22 RC jet with 22" wingspan, and when you buy it you get a 3" laser cut metal model instead?

I did send that site an email when I found that and asked why they had an RC car for sale, when they clearly only sold hair bows for little girls. Maybe they caught they had been hacked 🤔

Edit: The whole site is down lol. In the words of Jeremy Clarkson - "I did a thing!" 🤣

Last edited:
he had three controllers, can we know which one goes to this truck?
It very well could be the center transmitter, but all you need to do is open up the electronics box on the T-Maxx and see what receiver is located in there. It should match the transmitter.

Most likely your engine is seized and it does not turn over even if you take the glow plug out. So you can try to check if you can turn over the motor by hand first. If you can't turn over, you have to release it.
you may be correct - dang-it! How can I confirm that, how would you turn it over by hand? It does not have a pull rope.

you may be correct - dang-it! How can I confirm that, how would you turn it over by hand? It does not have a pull rope.
Use you hand to see if you can turn the flywheel. To release it, you may want to take out the engine and buy a bottle of after run oil. Take out the glow plug and backplate and soak the engine as much as you can with the after run oil for a few days before attempt to turn over again, otherwise you can break the con rod or piston. Good luck.

I tried to turn the flywheel by hand and could not, even after taking the glow-plug out, I am going to get some after run oil and squirt down the glow plug hole. Do these engines not use any oil? Does the fuel have an oil mixture to it?

I tried to turn the flywheel by hand and could not, even after taking the glow-plug out, I am going to get some after run oil and squirt down the glow plug hole. Do these engines not use any oil? Does the fuel have an oil mixture to it?
Yes, they do, just after so many years, they all gummed up.

Engine is locked up. I have it pulled,
  • Is the backplate the plate directly under where the exhaust comes out?
  • Will there be gaskets in there that I will need to replace?
  • Is there something else I can soak this in beside the after run oil?
The nearest HobbyTown is 40 minutes away and they don't open until I get to work and they close too early after I get off of work - well, I could make it, it'd just be fighting traffic and rushing.

Back