T-Maxx Truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pinion arm broke. Parts store too far away - trying super glue.

But it is running like a champ

And a question on this after-run oil or fuel - will the engine run with it or just crank over and how do I know when I ran enough through it. I just really don't have my head wrapped around this part of it and I think it is important.

Last edited:
Well here it is after three tanks of fuel.

Attachments

• T-Maxx rolling.jpg
    T-Maxx rolling.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 41
Broke stuff this evening
Yupper you did.. nice job airing out or bumper tag with object?? Looks like it running good.. If possible I would get the RPM A arms. I love them. Also make the true track rears for the max.... eliminates the rear tie rods. And set the camber just rite...

I did buy the RPM arm replacement. But I do ponder - when I crash, something has to break (if its a hard enough crash). So if I beef up the A-Arm and crash hard...now what breaks???

Learned about rebuilding shocks this evening.

I did buy the RPM arm replacement. But I do ponder - when I crash, something has to break (if its a hard enough crash). So if I beef up the A-Arm and crash hard...now what breaks???

The answer would be the bulkheads. My advice is to replace the bulkheads with aluminum(as well as the cross braces), and keep the a-arms plastic. Replacing a-arms is much easier than replacing the bulkheads.

Bulkhead or hinge pins typically but the RPM has some flex to it so its not as likely to do that as say aluminum a-arms. If you ever do bust a stock bulkhead I would also suggest replacing them with aluminum ones like Jonny said

I would spray a couple times WD to the arms and let it soak in..Will help a little with flew.. I wouldn't go aluminum but that's me.. I really don't like it. The only time I did break bulks was when they were aluminum. But the plastic ones only happen once. You really hot to hit hard I mean hard... the only other after the RPM were the arm balls at the shaft...left ball in knuckle LOL... still drove...

I hit the fencepost hard - no doubt. So far all an easy fix, that is why I wonder about how much to beef up where - at some point something has to give; so why not make it the inexpensive and easy to replace parts????

I hit the fencepost hard - no doubt. So far all an easy fix, that is why I wonder about how much to beef up where - at some point something has to give; so why not make it the inexpensive and easy to replace parts????

The RPM arms are the best an inexpensive upgrade that you can get!.. :thumbs-up:

well been pretty busy lately at work, refereeing, camping, picking up elk from locker, preparing for a Sporting Clay Shoot (that I am supposed to be retired from - LOL) just seems something to keep me busy. Anyway - my plans are to head to HobbyTown tomorrow and pick up the additional bent screws from the crash the other day

Last edited:
Awesome.. seems that almost everyone has a hobbytown near them.. And keeping busy is what retirement is all about..I wouldn't be able to just sit around all day.. It would drive me crazy... enjoy and have fun and be safe at the clay shoot today....👍👍👍

So I made it to HobbyTown today and picked up the parts I didn’t know were bent and broken until I dug into it. The last time I was in there I needed rebuild parts for my shocks and them turkeys sold me steering shaft ends instead of ends for the lower shock shaft - guess I ain’t getting the old 2.5 fired off today.

Back