T-Maxx Truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK - slow down...first what is the "slipper"?
It's probably not the slipper but this is your slipper.the nut and sping are your adjustment.
16315841068425655648046884687760.jpg
but it's probably not in gear. So check this rod coming from your tranns in the front that the 3rd servo is connected to if that's not in all the way it won't drive. Or go in reverse
16315841965186108436609896118852.jpg

The other thing is what I believe is the reverse, I think - it is the shaft that goes to the Y that moves the collar to the two gears inside that have the metal spring loaded shoes in them - is that for reverse? I cannot get it to do anything when I spin the main shaft and push or pull it at the same time.

I took out the 3rd servo and pushed in the rod all the way.. because the reverse sucks and causes problems

dude - I may be starting to get it.

The slipper was not tight at all. I tightened it and backed it off 1/2 turn.

dude - I may be starting to get it.
Alot of people
The other thing is what I believe is the reverse, I think - it is the shaft that goes to the Y that moves the collar to the two gears inside that have the metal spring loaded shoes in them - is that for reverse? I cannot get it to do anything when I spin the main shaft and push or pull it at the same time.
So if you push or pull on that rod with the boot on it I took pic of and nothing happens? Might be the clutch shoes inside of tranns that the rod is connected to

so - that shaft that has the ball joint with the dust boot - is that reverse?

I took out the reverse in mine it gave me problems. Like a lot of people.. you could always take
so - that shaft that has the ball joint with the dust boot - is that reverse?
Out is reverse and pushed in all the way if foward

Alot of people

So if you push or pull on that rod with the boot on it I took pic of and nothing happens? Might be the clutch shoes inside of tranns that the rod is connected to
Those semi circular stainless shoes one in each gear that goes to the deal in the Y bone deal
I took out the reverse in mine it gave me problems. Like a lot of people.. you could always take

Out is reverse and pushed in all the way if foward
by hand, I have the transmission out on the table, it does nothing when I spin it and either push or pull that shaft.

You can just disconnect the servo and push in the rod all the way

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/nHxxs6Zi7RL7
Those semi circular stainless shoes one in each gear that goes to the deal in the Y bone deal

by hand, I have the transmission out on the table, it does nothing when I spin it and either push or pull that shaft.
It's the gears inside somethings broke or your clutch shoes in side are worn out
Spinning by hand won't do anything really
Not enough rpms
If you take apart the trans this is the shifter rod. That might not be connected to anything
Screenshot_20210913-220820_Google.jpg

"T-Maxx (49104-1) Transmission Assembly Exploded View | Traxxas" https://traxxas.com/explodedviews/T-Maxx-49104-1-Transmission-Assembly

Last edited:
4994 is the reverse rod.
4990 is the deal that slides into 4989 to make forward and reverse
the Black and Shiny Pawl makes forward and reverse

is that correct?

My reverse already didn't work - I am thinking either the pawls were worn out or because there was no oil in the housing they were not popping out like they ought. Should I just replace the springs and pawls?

And - those little buttons on the 4989 seem flat.

Does that Slippery Clutch washer and spring assembly need replaces routinely?

Last edited:
OK - slow down...first what is the "slipper"?

One thing I think I have learned is, the transmission was bone dry inside and I noticed a rubber fill port. I am thinking there is supposed to be some fluids in there - just say'n
The transmission just needs some grease in it. Its not sealed so its not gonna hold oil. as for the slipper clutch it need to be tightened all the way down and then backed off a 1/4 - 1/2 turn from fully tightened. Check this video to see where there slipper is.

Back