T-Maxx Truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I made it to HobbyTown today and picked up the parts I didn’t know were bent and broken until I dug into it. The last time I was in there I needed rebuild parts for my shocks and them turkeys sold me steering shaft ends instead of ends for the lower shock shaft - guess I ain’t getting the old 2.5 fired off today.
Omg man sorry bud that's horrible.. is hobbytown far ride for you

Well that sucks @WideOpen , I've tried to like my Tmax but I just don't feel the love I do with my electrics.

Well that sucks @WideOpen , I've tried to like my Tmax but I just don't feel the love I do with my electrics.
Which Tmaxx do you have..and do you still have the stock engine?

I have the 2.5 and I have no clue if its stock or not. My sister found the car in a property clean up and gave it to me.

I have the 2.5 and I have no clue if its stock or not. My sister found the car in a property clean up and gave it to me.
Oh yes thats rite sorry forgot all about that.. yes it's the 2.5 stock.. sorry... I'm in a cloud ☁️ ☺ 🌬💨

It's all good, I prefer cloud... :p
I went out with it yesterday and started tuning it but just wasn't in the mood, so I quit. As mentioned before, I prefer my electrics.
When I got it, one of the drive shafts was too short, so I need to order a set.

Right On - ya its the 2.5 Classic, no worries here. Been another long week with real work and refereeing and got another one this coming weekend. So trust me; I ain't trying to ignore us, just very busy - too many hobbies, too many interest. HobbyTown is good, if you get the pro it's all good. when you get the rookies - you make another trip. I hate another trip as much as anyone; but, if they'll hang for a few years it's worth it. My responsibility is to know more than them; had I known the difference between a shock end and a drive end, I wouldn't be in this predicament. So, I am to blame too. These are just kids trying to learn. All good.

Finally got into town and picked up the parts to repair my shocks after the crash. Fired it up and got into some grass that was not tall, but about tire height. I think I blew the clutch out, hopefully not the transmission - guess I need to dig into it and see what all needs repaired - I was just in the grass for a very short moment, maybe the crash didn't do it any favors. While I was looking at a diagnoses I also noticed another busted part from the crash

Attachments

• TMaxx 2_LI (2).jpg
    TMaxx 2_LI (2).jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 36
That's looks like your bulkhead right side
After zooming in 100% bulkhead
Your bumper is screwed into that top curved spot correct?

Finally got into town and picked up the parts to repair my shocks after the crash. Fired it up and got into some grass that was not tall, but about tire height. I think I blew the clutch out, hopefully not the transmission - guess I need to dig into it and see what all needs repaired - I was just in the grass for a very short moment, maybe the crash didn't do it any favors. While I was looking at a diagnoses I also noticed another busted part from the crash

Looks to be a bulk head ,you also might need to pick up some hinge pins!..

Looks to be a bulk head ,you also might need to pick up some hinge pins!..
Na he snapped that bad boy just above the hinge. The hinge screw is still set in bulk... the bumper took the impact... I've done it a thousand times... but the are cheap so why not.. rite

correct - will it be a booger to replace?
Hell NO. 15 20mins. Tops bud
correct - will it be a booger to replace?
Take top shocks off take shock tower off. Take out hinge pins both sides. Unscrew 4 top screws behind shock tower threw chassis into back of bulk. And 4 on the bottom.. that go threw the fron side plate
Do you have to exposed veiw of the tmaxx 2.5?
"T-Maxx (49104-1) Front Assembly Exploded View | Traxxas" https://traxxas.com/explodedviews/T-Maxx-49104-1-Front-Assembly
Look at that it will show you what I just said bud 👍👍

Is there a way to tell if I lost the clutch or transmission? Engine runs fine, it wants to lung forward but just won't go.

I ain't seeing anything wrong with the clutch, I am thinking transmission. Am I missing something?

Attachments

• TMaxx Clutch.jpg
    TMaxx Clutch.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Do you have the clutch spring around the clutch pads?
Obviously the centrifugal force will open the pads regardless but I'm not seeing the spring.
The nitro guys will chime in but I would imagine the spring may have something to do with it.
I'm not very knowledgeable with nitro because it just isn't my thing.

Last edited:
You mean when at idol it like Jerks forward?
Yes, there is a spring around the clutch.
Are you talking about at idol it's like jumping or jerking foward? But won't drive when you hit the throttle? If so then it's the idol and HSN. You will need to retune from factory but turn your idol screw in a very tiny bit

Last edited:
No, when I try to accelerate from neutral, it wants to lung forward but the engine just revs.

No, when I try to accelerate from neutral, it wants to lung forward but the engine just revs.
Oh ok is your slipper tight. As in turn in all the way till tight then back off 1/4 to 1/2 turn.
Is the truck in gear meaning the little reverse slide is it in all the way? It might be slightly out not allowing it to be in drive

Oh ok is your slipper tight. As in turn in all the way till tight then back off 1/4 to 1/2 turn.
Is the truck in gear meaning the little reverse slide is it in all the way? It might be slightly out not allowing it to be in drive
OK - slow down...first what is the "slipper"?

One thing I think I have learned is, the transmission was bone dry inside and I noticed a rubber fill port. I am thinking there is supposed to be some fluids in there - just say'n

Back