HPi firestorm OR HPI RS4 MT2 (not sure what to buy)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toolmakerman48

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
what would be a better choice and why for my new rc.
Details about my driving: i will be racing and jumping mainly, and probably some speed runs now and then. i am also not one of those people who likes tuning the car or working on it (But i will if i have to).

#1: HPI firestorm
#2: HPI RS4 MT2

i like the roto start that comes with the mt2 and i like the 4 wheel drive but for racing (local track has tight turns+jumps) i dont know whats good. the mt4 is 100 dollars more and that i am taking into consiteration also in my decision. but the roto start and 4wheel make up for that.

I'd personally go for the Firestorm.

I'm biased but I'd recommend the MT2 (I own 2 of them, and 2 original MT's). They're rock solid little buggers, easy to work on, and very durable.

However, if you're looking at actually racing (like club racing) you may want to look at other options than the MT2 or Firestorm.

Get the mt2. It really comes down to personal preference but 2wd stadiums can be a handful to drive (especially if you upgrade to a high end engine). Since the mt2 is 4wd it should be easier to keep under control and would probably be a bit more fun. --- I have not driven either of these but I do have a jato 3.3 that is 2wd and can be a handful on the right surfaces.

well i hear that 4wd is harder to maintain and more work. is 2wd rilly that hard to controll aroudn corneers? i didnt know 4wd was that much better whan 2wd. and the thing that i rilly like about the firestorm is the price tag.

4wd really is not going to be much harder to maintain at all. Also 2wd is going to be a bit more difficult to control. Think of like like driving a full size rwd car in the rain opposed to a awd car.

ok ill get the mt2 if thats what u guys think is a better choice. thanks alot

Back