Restoration Project #8 - Huge Bundle of HPI, Kyosho and HSP.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gandalfnz

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
Hi Fellas

Been a while since I acquired some new gear...
Well here it is, I purchased this whole package purely because I wanted the HPI RS4 Nitro Drift car.
I will also keep the second touring RS4, which will bring me to a total of 5 HPI RS4's.
Not sure about the FW05, seems to have been used a lot, will make a decision after I see what the engine is like compressions wise.
HSP will get resold.

At the moment I have pulled the Drift engine apart, and have put it trough the ultrasonic clean.....
Will be awesome seeing this one run.

Any tips or tricks regarding this bad boy?
Anyone has one of these?

Total I paid for this was $380 USD.

bundle 1.jpg

bundle 2.jpg

bundle 3.jpg

bundle 4.jpg

bundle 5.jpg

You always come out with cool rides. Interesting to see a comparison on both Rs4s

You always come out with cool rides. Interesting to see a comparison on both Rs4s
Thanks!
I spent a bit more this time, as I wanted the drift car.
I never see them for sale nowadays, and thought this might be my only chance.
Luckily this one turned out to be in best condition of them all.
Just hunting for deals on FB does the trick for me.

I understand wanting one. I do to, just can't afford the unique spare parts for it!

She sounds healthy.

Definitely can find some neat stuff on FB marketplace. Good score, the vid makes me want to burn some nitro :D

Indeed, some great deals to be had.
That looks like a lot of fun!
Thanks, I will bet buying some small traffic cones soon, make it even more fun.
She sounds healthy.
Was it you and me that discussed upgrading a touring RS4 to drift version, I was going to re-read this thread, but can't seem to find it.
In which thread did we discuss this?

Thanks

Thats the one.

Have you ever thought about getting the RTR RS4 version, rather then upgrading converting a touring iteration?
Yes. I looked on ebay last night and they had one car and very scarce parts. They are going quick. I can't afford it now, but will keep my eye out next year.

Yes. I looked on ebay last night and they had one car and very scarce parts. They are going quick. I can't afford it now, but will keep my eye out next year.
I can't see any on eBay?

Did a bit more drifting today before the rain, this thing is amazing, a bit loud though...

I can't see any on eBay?

Did a bit more drifting today before the rain, this thing is amazing, a bit loud though...
I was mistaken. It was a regular rs4 3. To quiet it down, try a plastic pipe, and maybe add an exhaust deflector.

If it's too loud... you're too old 😜

Dont fee like it... :)

I was mistaken. It was a regular rs4 3. To quiet it down, try a plastic pipe, and maybe add an exhaust deflector.
I have had to add a deflector, due to it spraying oil all over the back of the car.
Now, its much cleaner but still a bit of oil ends up on the car.
I don't mind it, neighbors love it. :)

I am working on Kyosho FW05 at the moment, its nearly done.
Have completely pulled it apart, including the diffs (they were bone dry) and wheel bearings....etc, all lubed up.
GS15R engine that came with it was shot, no pinch left.
I have GXR15, which I will be installing on it (new piston and sleeve), but for some reason mounting holes on the chassis plate will need widening.
Interesting because later models of FW05 actually came with this engine.
It will be interesting to do a comparison with my FW06.

Anyway, I am so blown away by the HPI drift, that I am looking at buying the same car but the electric version.
There is none on eBay, nitro nor electric version of this car.

Back