Bye Bye Traxxas

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know here locally Traxxas has revoked a dealers status because he wasn’t always selling their batteries with their vehicles. It’s said that he replaced the connectors with other ones as well so they could be universal.

I know here locally Traxxas has revoked a dealers status because he wasn’t always selling their batteries with their vehicles. It’s said that he replaced the connectors with other ones as well so they could be universal.
who told them that he was doing that?

You can find batteries on Amazon with TRX connectors, or you can buy TRX connectors and install them on any battery, so I don't understand why the dealer would be changing them before the sale.

If they were replacing connectors and the customer had an issue with their ESC and contacted Traxxas for warranty support, I'm sure that would come up... I believe most companies only warranty un-modified electronics.

You can find batteries on Amazon with TRX connectors, or you can buy TRX connectors and install them on any battery, so I don't understand why the dealer would be changing them before the sale.

If they were replacing connectors and the customer had an issue with their ESC and contacted Traxxas for warranty support, I'm sure that would come up... I believe most companies only warranty un-modified electronics.
I don’t have first hand info on all of this, but I believe it was something like… I’ll sell you this car with this battery(non traxxas) or you need this size battery without the traxxas connector so I can do this for you…..

Some of you fellas, have your head so far up the camels rearend, you simply sound like kids arguing over matchbox cars.

Makes me wander how many of have actually worked in the private sector? Do you not understand that the name Traxxas is what’s being marketed? Are you so blinded you don’t realize the danger in allowing another entity to use the name that’s being marketed. Do any of you watch sports?

What would you do if the nfl dropped their licensing. So Sunday you watch the NFL. But, instead of what you think you’ll be watching, you’ll be watching 22 fat guys that can’t even get into a three point stance. Why, because the nfl allowed them to market under their name.

Anyways, reading the whining and moaning by some of you, makes it clear the licensing of their name is mandatory. Without it, who else could the rc world bash for reacting with self reliant policy?

My goodness.

ARRMA sucks btw. 😆

Some of you fellas, have your head so far up the camels rearend, you simply sound like kids arguing over matchbox cars.

Makes me wander how many of have actually worked in the private sector? Do you not understand that the name Traxxas is what’s being marketed? Are you so blinded you don’t realize the danger in allowing another entity to use the name that’s being marketed. Do any of you watch sports?

What would you do if the nfl dropped their licensing. So Sunday you watch the NFL. But, instead of what you think you’ll be watching, you’ll be watching 22 fat guys that can’t even get into a three point stance. Why, because the nfl allowed them to market under their name.

Anyways, reading the whining and moaning by some of you, makes it clear the licensing of their name is mandatory. Without it, who else could the rc world bash for reacting with self reliant policy?

My goodness.

ARRMA sucks btw. 😆
This is just a silly analogy. Nobody in the RC aftermarket parts industry is trying to pass hopup parts that fit Traxxas RC cars off as "Traxxas branded" parts. So for Traxxas to sue people over making parts that fit their RC's, and selling them as such is just stupid.

Where the hell would NASCAR be if Ford, Chevy, Dodge, etc practiced the same stupidity?

If I am researching the purchase of a new RC, one of the things I pay particular attention to is the aftermarket support. And I mean aftermarket, not "same brand" optional or upgrade parts. So from my point of view, Traxxas is shooting themselves in the foot... Stupid Traxxas.

Last edited:
M2C doesn't make parts for Traxxas trucks but they do make parts that are compatible with X, XR, MV2 and S series trucks.???

My goodness.

ARRMA sucks btw. 😆
Triple-facepalm.jpg

This is just a silly analogy. Nobody in the RC aftermarket parts industry is trying to pass hopup parts that fit Traxxas RC cars off as "Traxxas branded" parts. So for Traxxas to sue people over making parts that fit their RC's, and selling them as such is just stupid.

Where the hell would NASCAR be if Ford, Chevy, Dodge, etc practiced the same stupidity?

If I am researching the purchase of a new RC, one of the things I pay particular attention to is the aftermarket support. And I mean aftermarket, not "same brand" optional or upgrade parts. So from my point of view, Traxxas is shooting themselves in the foot... Stupid Traxxas.
Yep, solid business practices are stupid.

Judging by the fact some companies sell parts for Traxxas and others sell parts under code names for Traxxas I'd say what Traxxas is protecting is licensing rights. For a company as big as Traxxas leasing licensing rights for Traxxas aftermarket must bring in a healthy sum.

Some of the members posting in this and many other threads ARE indeed kids.

We need one of those 'check your attitude at the door' signs

Judging by the fact some companies sell parts for Traxxas and others sell parts under code names for Traxxas I'd say what Traxxas is protecting is licensing rights. For a company as big as Traxxas leasing licensing rights for Traxxas aftermarket must bring in a healthy sum.
Being an old gearhead, if that is the case, I'll never buy a new Traxxas RC. The gearheads I grew up around would have done the same thing if Ford, Dodge, or Chevy pulled that kinda crap and limited the aftermarket support. It makes me want to fire up my 3d printers and start selling parts for Traxxas vehicles just to find out.

Being an old gearhead, if that is the case, I'll never buy a new Traxxas RC. The gearheads I grew up around would have done the same thing if Ford, Dodge, or Chevy pulled that kinda crap and limited the aftermarket support. It makes me want to fire up my 3d printers and start selling parts for Traxxas vehicles just to find out.
Not sure if you notice or not but take a look at anything on TV and most movies now. The vehicle emblems are being blacked out.

Selling something as your own that will fit a manufacturers' item and selling something as your own implying it is the manufacturers' part is two different things.

Not sure if you notice or not but take a look at anything on TV and most movies now. The vehicle emblems are being blacked out.
Yeah. They have been blocking out things in movies and tv for years.
Selling something as your own that will fit a manufacturers' item and selling something as your own implying it is the manufacturers' part is two different things.
I have no problem with them going after anyone who claims their aftermarket parts are Traxxas brand parts. But to go after someone simply saying it fits a Traxxas RC is just wrong, and a stupid move on their part considering how well boycotting has been working lately. Just ask Bud Light and Disney 😅

Agreeing with @WickedFog and also to ask the Anti-Traxxas crowd:

Not sure where Traxxas went after someone for "simply saying it fits a Traxxas?" Got any examples that I can look at?

I'm not saying how some web hosting sites shut down stores was right, just trying to find a legitimate business have issues with rewording.

Last edited:
Agreeing with @WickedFog and also to ask the Anti-Traxxas crowd:

Not sure where Traxxas went after someone for "simply saying it fits a Traxxas?" Got any examples that I can look at?

I'm not saying how some web hosting sites shut down stores was right, just trying to find a legitimate business have issues with rewording.

Heres a few I know of right off. I'm sure there are more but these are good examples to look at.
  • Traxxas v. Skullduggery, Inc.
    • Nature of Lawsuit: Trademark infringement.
    • Details: The core issue in this lawsuit was the alleged infringement of Traxxas' trademarks by Skullduggery, Inc., specifically over the use of the name "Max Traxxx" for their products, which Traxxas argued was too similar to their own trademarked names like MAXX, T-MAXX, X-MAXX, E-MAXX, etc.
  • Traxxas v. HobbyKing
    • Nature of Lawsuit: Patent infringement.
    • Details: Traxxas sued HobbyKing for infringement of several U.S. patents related to electrical connectors used in RC vehicles. The lawsuit sought damages and an injunction to prevent further infringement.
  • Traxxas v. Arrma (under Hobbico)
    • Details: This lawsuit involved Traxxas claiming that Arrma infringed on their patent, specifically over the cantilever suspension used in the Arrma Nero model. The lawsuit resulted in the discontinuation and banning of the Nero platform in the U.S.
  • Traxxas v. Home Box Office (HBO) over HBO Max
    • Nature of Lawsuit: Trademark infringement.
    • Details: Traxxas filed a claim against HBO over the "HBO Max" name, asserting that it infringed upon their MAXX series of trademarks. The lawsuit raised issues regarding potential consumer confusion between the two brands, despite being in different industries.
  • Traxxas v. Hobby Products International, Inc. (HPI Racing)
    • Details: Traxxas sued HPI Racing for patent infringement related to a waterproof receiver box. Traxxas claimed that HPI's design using a rubber joint to seal their receiver box copied Traxxas' idea for a "waterproof Rx box". (Granted, Traxxas owns the patent, but they didnt invent the idea of using a rubber gasket to seal a plastic box.)
These lawsuits reflect Traxxas's rigorous approach to protecting its intellectual property rights, including both patents and trademarks. While this stance may legally safeguard their innovations and brand identity, it has also stirred controversy within the RC community. Critics argue that Traxxas's aggressive legal strategy, particularly in patent infringement cases, could potentially stifle innovation and competition in the RC industry. By pursuing legal action against other companies, Traxxas is seen by some as attempting to monopolize certain aspects of the market, which could limit the diversity and development of new products, ultimately impacting the hobby and industry as a whole. This perception has led to debates among RC enthusiasts and industry observers about the balance between protecting intellectual property and fostering a competitive, innovative market environment.

Last edited:
I'm not disagreeing with anyone's personal opinion. I'm only pointing out that there's more than just Traxxas that protects itself.
I believe more in defending Patent infringement than the Trademark infringement. If I develop or invent something is it ok for someone to steal it, copy it and make money on it? Copying is what stifles innovation. Why would anybody put money in R&D just for someone else to profit. How would any business not go bankrupt if that was the case?

Did you know Toyota was faced with the same (trademark) thing? Toyota had their T-100 truck and then they wanted to use T-150 on a newer model. It was too close to the Ford F-150 so they ended up with the Tundra.

Regarding the whole Nero thing. I thought they only needed to change a couple of minor things to keep the model but instead decided to abandon it alltogether.

The HBO Max infringement is because HBO asked for a new trademark that was under a class reserved for toys. (same industry)
    • Traxxas v. Hobby Products International, Inc. (HPI Racing)
      • Details: Traxxas sued HPI Racing for patent infringement related to a waterproof receiver box. Traxxas claimed that HPI's design using a rubber joint to seal their receiver box copied Traxxas' idea for a "waterproof Rx box". (Granted, Traxxas owns the patent, but they didnt invent the idea of using a rubber gasket to seal a plastic box.)
There has to be more to the story. Why are they not going after for example Arrma and their waterproof boxes.

I'm not trying to defend Traxxas. Only pointing out that this is not an only Traxxas does this thing. This stuff happens everyday in all the different manufacturing fields. It just sucks when it affects two different items that we're interested in.

Last edited:
Back