Bye Bye Traxxas

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addict Rc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well if you don’t have the internet you would know that traxxas is taking big brand down that offer parts (aftermarket) CCXRC is one, not traxxas parts taken down, the entire website. Just extremely disappointed with traxxas, no point of buying anything from them, how I see it, they don’t want any aftermarket support so your forced to buy their upgrades

IMG_7511.jpeg

What am I missing here?

I know strc had some for the 1/16 minis that disappeared one day. Only thing I can think of is that it matched their parts to closely. It seems since them they made the part fit but not look like traxxas design.

Maybe something similar happened? Without more info I'm lost here.

That's messed up. Where did you get this info? A link would be nice.
If you follow anyone RC they probably made a post go to CCXRC.com doesn’t work because traxxas got it taken down, I might buy traxxas replacement parts but very unlikely a car
What am I missing here?

I know strc had some for the 1/16 minis that disappeared one day. Only thing I can think of is that it matched their parts to closely. It seems since them they made the part fit but not look like traxxas design.

Maybe something similar happened? Without more info I'm lost here.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CqpE2UssPiW/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Yep, that’s why I’m no longer buying their stuff
I stopped after they went exclusively to RTR platforms. After they did the whole suing this, that, and other thing... I lost all respect for Traxxass. No matter how many people are preached to about the ill practices Traxxas did, or does... the company has a marketing team like no other... people will still buy their stuff.

If you ever see me recommend Traxxas to anyone, you have my permission to slap me.

Beavis And Butthead 90S Tv GIF

Traxxas is just trying to stop copyright infringement, CCXRC admitted his website had some wording that may have been worded better, and that most of his issue is with his webhost taking down the site without warning or a chance to present his view.

I know Traxxas has a history of being Lawyer Happy but they are not really to blame here. CCXRC will get it sorted and be back online soon.

Lets not all jump on the let's all boycott Traxxas bandwagon without ALL of the facts. 🤔

I've chosen to boycott Traxxas many years ago for reasons explained in detail here:
I can respect that, but there are a lot of new users who only go by what others tell them, without thinking for themselves or finding out the whole story, I just hate to see another generation of haters that sound like parrots but don't even know the story.

Traxxas is just trying to stop copyright infringement, CCXRC admitted his website had some wording that may have been worded better, and that most of his issue is with his webhost taking down the site without warning or a chance to present his view.

I know Traxxas has a history of being Lawyer Happy but they are not really to blame here. CCXRC will get it sorted and be back online soon.

Lets not all jump on the let's all boycott Traxxas bandwagon without ALL of the facts. 🤔
Yeah, after watching the video I feel like the not so much traxxas it’s understandable

Last year Traxxas sued a company called Rcmax because it resembled there Tmaxx name and won. Rcmax literally makes 1/5th scale parts only. They have since been renamed TaylorRc. Traxxas is a lame company probably ran by Joe Bidentard.
McClain racing over "max" in the name on an esc.
Supposedly hob over HBO max also.

I have 2 friends who work at 2 hobby town stores. One told me that stores don't make profit from selling rtr cars, it's only 20% margin. Most money they make on selling spare parts, 50%, and repairs. So it would make more sense to leave more market for stores than for Chinese to abuse shipping laws and send poorly fabricated parts.

I bought a lot of used rc cars and most of the time previous owner upgraded some parts with eBay specials, fitment, finish, and functionality is worse than factory parts. The only exception form my experience is rpm, and proline.

Infraction with over 400$ gpm parts, reduced steering throw.

Junk, eBay shocks.

eBay drive shafts, reduced steering throw, rusty (driven only once during summer)

IMG_20221204_211443493.jpg

Every once in awhile, someone will find a new reason to restart the dont buy Traxxas, boycott Traxxas thing. This is the biggest one i have seen on the forum so far: https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/this-is-why-you-dont-buy-traxxas.124531/ and, i get it. Traxxas as a company is one of the worst around. I still hear quite often that their products are garbage, and are nothing but money pits, or, my favorite comment yet, that ECX is better. Personally, i think they need to rethink their position in this hobby, and get off the, we should be the only company around, ideal they seem to have. Literally every lawsuit, or every time they go after a smaller person in the hobby (RC Saylors comes to mind), it makes me wonder what kind of clowns are running that circus. Instead of boycotting them though, i think a better way to approach it is to find ways to get the word out about your personal experinces with their products, either in YouTube vidoes, or on other social media platforms. A few people boycotting them wont make much of a difference, but, if people who are looking to get into the hobby are able to see and hear just how bad their products can be, that might make a much bigger impact. However, unless an awful lot of people start doing that, you will always be fighting a losing battle against the fan boys, since there seems to be way too many of them around. Personally though, and i am speaking strictly 1/10TH scale stuff, i dont find them any better or worse than brands like ECX, Arrma, Redcat, and even Losi and AE. It may be because of the way i use my RC's, but, i have had major issues with everything from the cheap brands to the more expensive stuff, and, in my experience, Traxxas isnt any better or worse than any of the others product wise. The best company i found for how i use my RC's, DHK Hobbies, is now no longer available in this country anymore. Now, if only Arrma would bring back a real 2WD, like the original ADX-10, Fury, Raider platform, then, i might be a bit more biased towards them, since, my discontinued Arrma Fury breaks way less, even under heavy abuse, than anything else i own. Currently though, i dont have any bias towards any company anymore, although, for 2WD, i do look a bit more at HPI, only because i havent broken either of the ones i have, yet, but, i also havent had them at my favorite playground yet either.

I am kind of glad that Taylor RC changed that name ,it sounded cheap anyways ,If I
sold a high end product ,I would not use the name with Max in it!..:hehe:

It would be like Gucci selling underwear called Gucc Max!..😂🤣😂

Taylor RC sells high end stuff ,master piece like artwork!
Traxxas is kids play!

1680797752370.png

Back