Tekno MT410 Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9x19

Hardcore RCTalk User
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
So, a couple weeks back. I bought this kit, and today I finally had some time to start building... so I thought I'd post a build thread and torture y'all with some lousy photography.

The Box!

cm2c48a.jpg

...and what's inside?

fOpQZCy.jpg

Diffs come first.

V9iSMw3.jpg

They went together very smooth, with only minor fumbling on my part... no lost pins though!

The MT410 is such a fun truck to build and run. I put the 4s backflip lp tires on mine and I love them.

Thanks, I have a set of E-Revo wheels/tires to start with.

What servo did you go with?

ProTek RC 170TBL "Black Label" High Torque Brushless Servo​

Thanks, I have a 35kg servo on hand, will probably start with that.

Gear boxes done - Tekno supplies shims, but the diffs fit like a glove and I didn't need them.

ChNg9q2.jpg

Rear end complete... wasn't ready for the size of the links, but guess I should have been.

llKepgR.jpg

Front end progress... still need to setup the steering bell-crank/linkage and install bumper... tomorrow.

vZOtUFT.jpg

Moving on...

Front end complete and mounted to chassis plate
MkjLkZb.jpg

Rear end, center diff, drive line all mounted to chassis plate
dU7ZUO6.jpg

Shocks started... I'm not a fan of shock boots, so opted out of Tekno's rubber version.
niLNSxv.jpg

Shocks done and mounted

mtdso5h.jpg

Chassis side-trays, electronics, and wheels and tires installed.

bflmedJ.jpg

I went with the Spektrum gear I had on-hand: DX3 radio, 6ch AVC receiver, 6S-150A ESC and 2050KV motor.
Starting with 4S and a 15T pinion, stock spur is 44T
Wheels and tires are the Traxxas Talon EXT that come on the current E-Revo VXL models.

Now to get the body (JConcepts 1989 Ford F-250) trimmed drilled and painted...

Had a little time to work on the body... rough trimmed and drilled for body posts.

gUsR5S9.jpg

Next is to sand the edges smooth wash and paint (may have to wait for cooler temps)... but it has found it's parking space.

FjphpB5.jpg

Had a little time to work on the body... rough trimmed and drilled for body posts.

gUsR5S9.jpg

Next is to sand the edges smooth wash and paint (may have to wait for cooler temps)... but it has found it's parking space.

FjphpB5.jpg
i like your rally!

IK thats totally random but still...

Thanks!

I like it too... lots of fun on a baseball diamond (in the off-season). I did a few upgrades, to the drive line, but it is mostly stock.

cool! when the new rally comes out, (sometime in Oct.) ill most likely pick one up. I've wanted one for years. I'm a rally guy ya know, just gotta have that hatchback!

Not too shabby. I would put some drywall tap and shoe goo on the back and around the body hole post. Just a couple wrong landings will destroy the body.

Thanks.

I've been using heavy duty (fiberglass filament) strapping tape on the underside of my RC bodies since the 90s. It has worked well for me.

There you go! I didn’t put anything on my big body and it got obliterated quickly

Of course, I don't plan to land poorly!

Which reminds me...

Hmm, roof skids or an exoskeleton...

:joyful:

The JCon Ford bodies are my favorite, hands-down. I've painted up a few of them for my Stampede. Can't get over how sharp they are.

That truck looks gorgeous, and like infinite fun. Good going!!