Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didnt even know they made PVC cutters. I've always just used a hacksaw.
Oh man, you've been doing it the much, much harder way!
Well, that's if you've been cutting pipes less than 2" in diameter, anyway.
InShot_20210927_094925784.jpg

I dont cut PVC much these days. I did a lot when I was younger when I worked with my dad who was a plumber by trade but I dont think the cutters existed back then. We generally worked with 1.5in and 2in but also with 3 and 4 inch a lot. We either used a hacksaw or a chop saw. If I was doing projects like yours though Id definitely buy me one of those. Hell Id probably buy this thing even though I feel like this would be complete overkill lol
2470-20-2.jpg

I dont cut PVC much these days. I did a lot when I was younger when I worked with my dad who was a plumber by trade but I dont think the cutters existed back then. We generally worked with 1.5in and 2in but also with 3 and 4 inch a lot. We either used a hacksaw or a chop saw. If I was doing projects like yours though Id definitely buy me one of those. Hell Id probably buy this thing even though I feel like this would be complete overkill lol
View attachment 133780
It wouldn't be overkill for those who do this all day long or for those with arthritis or lack the hand strengths.

Finished my custom build Arrma 6s SWB SCT "mini Mojave". Got the bumper mounts I needed to mount the front and rear Mojave EXB bumpers today so got those mounted. Added some Kraton/Noto front dirt guards to help with debris getting inside also. Adjusted body forward and drilled new mounting holes as it sat too far forward with the bumpers on. Also switched the tires from the Proline MX M2 buggy tires to Proline belted MX 28's. Very happy with how it turned out, rig handles amazingly and has tons of get up and go with the TP 4060cm 2080kv motor. Here's my 1 of 1 custom 1/9 scale Arrma "mini Mojave"😎
20210929_150030.jpg
20210929_153852.jpg
20210929_163538.jpg
20210929_163744.jpg
20210929_163720.jpg

Good job on the bumper. The rig looks great. One question though. What is SWB?
Thanks I'm definitely happy with it and only one like it in the world👌🏼
🤣 SWB is Short Wheel Base👍🏼 it is made from the SWB 1/8 Typhon 6s chassis where the normal Mojave XLWB, extra long wheel base, is way longer and is 1/7 scale. So it is the shortest chassis available for the 6s platform and Mojave is the largest. That's why I say it's a 1/9 scale Mojave as a 1/8 would be the long wheel base chassis from a Kraton 6s which is still quite a bit smaller than the Mojave XLWB chassis and then this chassis is even smaller than the Kraton LWB by a bit👍🏼

So i thought I was on my way to having a running rig....NOPE. I go to put motor assembly back in. It goes just fine. Put center drive shaft in to check binding again. AND YEP! Diffs are in and only 1 lityle catchy place I hope breaks in. The spur and pinion mesh is good bearings are new. All is good till I put the motor assembly in.

Heres my question...with my spur assembly looking as it did when I pulled it out could the case be warped too?

I checkex slipper screw and backed it off more. But when spin spur and pinion smooth. Feels as it should.

Attachments

• 20210903_005032.jpg
    20210903_005032.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 21
So i thought I was on my way to having a running rig....NOPE. I go to put motor assembly back in. It goes just fine. Put center drive shaft in to check binding again. AND YEP! Diffs are in and only 1 lityle catchy place I hope breaks in. The spur and pinion mesh is good bearings are new. All is good till I put the motor assembly in.

Heres my question...with my spur assembly looking as it did when I pulled it out could the case be warped too?

I checkex slipper screw and backed it off more. But when spin spur and pinion smooth. Feels as it should.
Shoot wish I'd have seen this before I messaged you back. This is definitely your issue I'd bet as the slipper hub is not sitting flat which will rub and catch inside the PM housing.

Thanks I'm definitely happy with it and only one like it in the world👌🏼
🤣 SWB is Short Wheel Base👍🏼 it is made from the SWB 1/8 Typhon 6s chassis where the normal Mojave XLWB, extra long wheel base, is way longer and is 1/7 scale. So it is the shortest chassis available for the 6s platform and Mojave is the largest. That's why I say it's a 1/9 scale Mojave as a 1/8 would be the long wheel base chassis from a Kraton 6s which is still quite a bit smaller than the Mojave XLWB chassis and then this chassis is even smaller than the Kraton LWB by a bit👍🏼
Ahhhhh gotchya! She looks good man. I didnt fully understand what you had done there at first :)

Ahhhhh gotchya! She looks good man. I didnt fully understand what you had done there at first :)
Thanks! Definitely turned out to be a sweet rig and only had to buy very little as I had most all the parts from my spares and parts bins👍🏼honestly I'd say it is one of my cheapest built rigs even over my 3s Arrmas as they run $300+ a pop then couple hundred in upgrades. Think I maybe spent $100- $150 max on this project besides all my spares and electronics etc I already had.

The wrenching I've done for the past 2 days is trying to figure out a scoring system for my lipo tests. too much math involved my head hurts now but I believe I've just about got it worked out. Ill post an update in my "Compairing Lipos" thread once I get it finalized.

I didnt even know they made PVC cutters. I've always just used a hacksaw.
I used to be a maintenance manager for 4 large apartment complexes' here in town and these cutters were an absolute must.
For a while I used a hacksaw myself until I found out about these.

I worked on my Tamiya S10 today. and the original body was beat and cracked - you can see all the camo duct tape on it in my Tamiya Basket Case thread. I used clear FlexTape - I am telling ya, it worked great, pliable, flexable (duh), and sticky. I taped the outside first with the blue painters tape to get the lines to match up and then used the FlexTape on the inside - worked like a champ.

Last edited: