Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a merry-go-round that you can't wait to get off of. I hate when you think you've got it figured out and it takes another four hours to fix. 🤬 I used to enjoy trouble shooting computer problems, but the older I get the less patience I have. Probably because I just don't have the time to dedicate to it any more.

Good luck, hopefully this will be the last round. :thumbs-up:
I know what you mean brutha. I have less and less patience plus since I've done this for a living for the better part of 2 decades I can't stand working on PCs in general anymore lol. I got my fingers crossed on the PSU fixing the issue cuz if it aint that its going to be some oddball issue thats likely gonna take forever to troubleshoot.

I worked on one of my N scale railroad cars
It's not called wrenching with these, it's called tweezering. :p

IMG_0029.JPG

When things get difficult, then I break out the big guns and apply a huge amount of attitude adjustment...

IMG_0030.JPG

Last edited:
I worked on one of my N scale railroad cars
It's not called wrenching with these, it's called tweezering. :p

View attachment 133671

When things get difficult, then I break out the big guns and apply a huge amount of attitude adjustment...

View attachment 133678
Masochist!
Yay! More server trouble this morning O__o
Yesterday when I got up my servers power light was flashing blue but the system was not running. Had to unplug it and plug it back in to get it to respond. I thought the Motherboard had some issue as it seemed the most likely culprit. So I replaced it as you guys are aware.

Well the fun didnt stop there. Windows started telling me that Windows was no longer activated. Not uncommon when switching primary pieces of hardware so I tried to reactivate Windows but it told me that the cd key had been blocked. I was confused by this as I bought the CD key from a reseller online. It wasn't a hacked copy of windows I was running or anything so I called Microsoft and argued with some Indian guy until he got tired of my not taking "tough sh*t" for an answer and he hung up on me. Must be nice to have a company so big that you are completely disconnected and even downright rude with your customers but I digress. Its an old version of Windows that I've been running for 10 or 11 years and Microsoft has stopped supporting it so I figured I would see if I could just upgrade it to a newer version of Windows Server because I have a site license though work I can use.

Well turns out the motherboard wasn't the issue because it happened again. So this morning I replaced the power supply which is more work than replacing the motherboard however it wouldnt have caused my version of Windows to deactivate saving myself a huge headache trying to get my Windows unblocked and from having to try and back up all my really important files before attempting the Windows upgrade. Hopefully it is the power supply and I wont have to continue to do any more troubleshooting on this server. My file back ups are almost done so I should know by tomorrow how this is going to end up. /sigh

View attachment 133666

New PSU
View attachment 133667

Old PSU
View attachment 133668
Dude, you're making my head hurt with your foreign tongue!

The wife found them at some store a few years ago. No clue where you can get them.

I just asked her and in our neck of the woods, we have a store chain called BiMart. She got them in the jewelry department.
I would imagine you will find them in places like that or you can poke around Here
I've bought several items from Micro-Mark and they are good quality tools.

I started putting together this idea, from my head, last weekend. Cornhole score board with drink holders. It took all week to be finished, just waiting for the paint to fully dry between coats.
Got the PVC stuff from Home Depot, a can of spray paint from Wal-Mart, and all the other stuff from the Dollar store. Directly under the scoreboard is also a bottle cap opener I had reclaimed from an old gas grill.
I'd also added some removable accessories, for the spirit of Halloween 🎃
0923211551g.jpg
0923211616b.jpg
0923211617.jpg
0923211617c.jpg

I started putting together this idea, from my head, last weekend. Cornhole score board with drink holders. It took all week to be finished, just waiting for the paint to fully dry between coats.
Got the PVC stuff from Home Depot, a can of spray paint from Wal-Mart, and all the other stuff from the Dollar store. Directly under the scoreboard is also a bottle cap opener I had reclaimed from an old gas grill.
I'd also added some removable accessories, for the spirit of Halloween 🎃
View attachment 133739View attachment 133740View attachment 133741View attachment 133742
hahahaha Thats great! Good work bro!

That's friggin awesome bro, can I come out and play? :D
Abso-freaking-lutely! Anytime!
Nice, I love pvc pipe projects. 😍 Well done good sir!
I'm a PVC fan myself! For years, I've been using a $3 PVC pipe cutter, from Harbour Freight, and it has served me well. Doesn't cut the straightest, but it always got the job done. Recently, I'd picked up a $15 one from Home Depot, and this thing is so much more efficient and makes a much straighter cutter!

Last edited:

I'm a PVC fan myself! For years, I've been using a $3 PVC pipe cutter, from Harbour Freight, and it has served me well. Doesn't cut the straightest, but it always got the job done. Recently, I'd picked up a $15 one from Home Depot, and this thing is so much more efficient and makes a much straighter cutter!

Upgrades in tools....... good :)

Spent some much needed time reorganizing, cleaning and making the counter top on my workbench area today. Used a bunch of parts cards I had under some plexiglass sheets and then put decals all over the top of them, I think it turned out awesome 👌 now I just need to hang a few more shelves for my rigs and clean and organize the shelves underneath.
Before
20210926_095142.jpg

After
20210926_161431.jpg

Counter top
20210926_122729.jpg
20210926_160743.jpg

Oh yeah the Husky pvc cutter with the pointed blade? I love that cutter got them both. The 1.25' and the 2' cutters for cutting cpvc for work. Best plastic cutters by far IMO.. awesome build on the scoreboards bud.well done👍👍
Seems 13 and I had the same idea. Shop day and recognizing the shop.. I'm not finished but almost will finish tomorrow or Tuesday. While I wait on parts for the Duratrax.

Attachments

• 16327131834377626392133968683583.jpg
    16327131834377626392133968683583.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 16327132959101209644808687365290.jpg
    16327132959101209644808687365290.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 16327133971291953228292200943800.jpg
    16327133971291953228292200943800.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Oh yeah the Husky pvc cutter with the pointed blade? I love that cutter got them both. The 1.25' and the 2' cutters for cutting cpvc for work. Best plastic cutters by far IMO.. awesome build on the scoreboards bud.well done👍👍
That's the exact one!