Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So started to put back together the Duratrax MT yesterday. This morning got the front end on. And now on to the rear. Need to get head gasket for the engine. But she already looks 100% better then when I got her. Also found a blue chassis for 30 after tax and shipping. So of course i had to get it.. Will post up pics in my restoration thread but here's a pre view... Definitely need to get different springs for shocks. Don't like the orange ones😝😝
View attachment 133202
Wow, looking good brutha!

So far I've been wrenching on my wife's familie's gracery store, buying groceries, and repairing my dryer.......again. Stupid belt tensioner was squeeling really badly so I tore the dryer all down and turns out all it needed was to be cleaned up and re-greased. Now if I could just get to the important stuff that needs wrenching.....like RCs! 🤣
20210919_090903.jpg
20210919_090955.jpg

I have to believe I wrenched far too much on my recliner arm for this boring ass game.

So someone said “ why do people run three link with chassis mounted servo if they never compete.” This is regarding building cheater rigs.
I know four link with servo on axle has a lot of plus going for it. But never gave it a thought.

Just converted my cheater rig to servo on axle. . I like it better already.

Attachments

• 72911DC8-E99E-40E1-8560-08567FDA9404.jpeg
    72911DC8-E99E-40E1-8560-08567FDA9404.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 34
Been wrenching on the Tamiya Basket Case the last two days. Scrubbing every part. Now ready to reassemble and hope it is all there, or if missing parts, hope they are available.

Re-soldered my XB4 motor wires, they were ~1cm too long and my OCD wouldn’t have it. Much cleaner now…. I was inspired after my soldered the DK4 motor wires (posted a day ago) since the XB4 has the same layout.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, gonna mess with the Tamiya Basket Case a little - been a couple busy days at the Gun Club.

I was out bashing around with my Traxxas WideMaxx and broke the left castor block. Lucky my local shop had a set in stock and was up and running in 1 hour with travel time. First time the Maxx ever broke since buying it 4 months ago.

I put two screws in the a-arms of my Xmaxx, that's it for me today, I'm exhausted.. :D

<<<<look at me, that's what happens when I wrench too much...

Last edited:
Woke up this morning with half a hangover to my server with a dead Motherboard in it so that was fun. Got the hardware swapped out with some spare stuff I had laying around now I just have to fix the windows server software issues now which I think I've just about got ironed out. What a PITA but I can't live without my server lol. I guess the only bright side was I was able to service some stuff in it that it needed and I put a more powerful CPU in it which it really needed.

Old MoBo & CPU
20210925_080645.jpg

New MoBo & CPU
20210925_080636.jpg

outta my league dude.
got almost all of the Tamiya back together today just missing some nut and bolts and screws - really the thing holding me up is the hub nuts for the rear wheels and a rear shock mount bushing - the rest of it I could get at the local ACE but since I have to pull outta Tamiya for a couple of specialty parts, I'll just get it all.

Attachments

• Tamiya TA02 02.jpg
    Tamiya TA02 02.jpg
    639.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Tamiya TA02 03.jpg
    Tamiya TA02 03.jpg
    664.8 KB · Views: 23
Yay! More server trouble this morning O__o
Yesterday when I got up my servers power light was flashing blue but the system was not running. Had to unplug it and plug it back in to get it to respond. I thought the Motherboard had some issue as it seemed the most likely culprit. So I replaced it as you guys are aware.

Well the fun didnt stop there. Windows started telling me that Windows was no longer activated. Not uncommon when switching primary pieces of hardware so I tried to reactivate Windows but it told me that the cd key had been blocked. I was confused by this as I bought the CD key from a reseller online. It wasn't a hacked copy of windows I was running or anything so I called Microsoft and argued with some Indian guy until he got tired of my not taking "tough sh*t" for an answer and he hung up on me. Must be nice to have a company so big that you are completely disconnected and even downright rude with your customers but I digress. Its an old version of Windows that I've been running for 10 or 11 years and Microsoft has stopped supporting it so I figured I would see if I could just upgrade it to a newer version of Windows Server because I have a site license though work I can use.

Well turns out the motherboard wasn't the issue because it happened again. So this morning I replaced the power supply which is more work than replacing the motherboard however it wouldnt have caused my version of Windows to deactivate saving myself a huge headache trying to get my Windows unblocked and from having to try and back up all my really important files before attempting the Windows upgrade. Hopefully it is the power supply and I wont have to continue to do any more troubleshooting on this server. My file back ups are almost done so I should know by tomorrow how this is going to end up. /sigh

20210926_055825.jpg

New PSU
20210926_055841.jpg

Old PSU
20210926_055900.jpg

Sounds like a merry-go-round that you can't wait to get off of. I hate when you think you've got it figured out and it takes another four hours to fix. 🤬 I used to enjoy trouble shooting computer problems, but the older I get the less patience I have. Probably because I just don't have the time to dedicate to it any more.

Good luck, hopefully this will be the last round. :thumbs-up: