The "what you broke today" thread.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was out of town for a few days and brought some trucks with me. A nose dive from about 15ft popped one of the esc wires out of the connector. This was done with a crappy gun and novice skills. Should be an easy fix with my new station.
20211227_201520.jpg

Replaced the rustlers bent up oem shocks with some big boy shocks. Front left shock shaft sheared at the threaded end on first gentle run but didn't bend. Classic case of "is the glass half empty or half full"... :D
20220123_102345.jpg

20220123_102410.jpg

These little micro Emax servos are apparently more powerful than their housing😐 This one was from my SCX24 RigorMortis. I'm going to have to mod some reinforcements.
0128221933_HDR.jpg
0128221932_HDR.jpg

These little micro Emax servos are apparently more powerful than their housing😐 This one was from my SCX24 RigorMortis. I'm going to have to mod some reinforcements.View attachment 141126View attachment 141127
I had an extra Emax servo, so I went to install it earlier. I was trying to figure out how to clean up the servo wiring when I notice a crack on one attachment point of the newly installed Emax 😦 I'd barely tightened it.
To all using those Emax micro servo users, just tighten the attachment screws ever so lightly. Those tabs are fragile.

Wow man. That's some destruction there. But I see your problem. Cap screws are too small a head for holding in a servo. Use buttonheads.

Wow man. That's some destruction there. But I see your problem. Cap screws are too small a head for holding in a servo. Use buttonheads.
Really? These are the ones included with the aluminum servo tray. They look to be about the same head diameter as the stock screws.

Yeah, I would definitely use buttonheads. They have a larger head diameter for this very reason. Or put a flat washer under the bolt. But buttonheads would look better.

I almost forgot. Cracked the frontend of the body of the Traxxis LaTrax. I need to pull the drive train apart. The car was really pulling to the left, when the throttle is let up.
0128221248.jpg

I almost forgot. Cracked the frontend of the body of the Traxxis LaTrax. I need to pull the drive train apart. The car was really pulling to the left, when the throttle is let up.View attachment 141145
I love that track. I so wanna come play.

Well it was last night but 4 pilot shafts on my Scx24. Damn furitek on 3s is no joke. Trying some rc4wd hardened ones next. Other 2 brands failed just like stocks.

Well it was last night but 4 pilot shafts on my Scx24. Damn furitek on 3s is no joke. Trying some rc4wd hardened ones next. Other 2 brands failed just like stocks.
These SCX24 were just not designed for brushless on 3s haha

I had some on tic tok. People loved them.

I must be losing my mind, this is the second time I put something in the wrong thread.
I guess I can name it my "watch me break something" post.

I must be losing my mind, this is the second time I put something in the wrong thread.
I guess I can name it my "watch me break something" post.
I’m in. Let’s see it!

Back