The "what you broke today" thread.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stub my toes often so I'm kind of used to it.
I did have my wellness checkup today an I got a clean bill of health other than my disability that is. :)

I stub my toes often so I'm kind of used to it.
I did have my wellness checkup today an I got a clean bill of health other than my disability that is. :)
That's fantastic man glad to hear it..hope all is well

Broke the the steering bell crank and strip the servo arm... All in 1 track practice session yesterday... :mad:

IMG_3868 (2).JPG

I was questionning about the so-so blue ring at the end of the arm... The EA rep guy (he was there...) told me that is to maintain the arm more "solidly" into the servo... Nevermind, I bought a steel TLR arm with no ring,,, :)

Last edited:
Broke the the steering bell crank and strip the servo arm... All in 1 track practice session yesterday... :mad:

View attachment 138243

I was questionning about the so-so blue ring at the end of the arm... The EA rep guy (he was there...) told me that is to maintain the arm more "solidly" into the servo... Nevermind, I bought a steel TLR arm with no ring,,, :)

Looks like a questionable way to attach it to metal but I'm not an engineer.

Yesterday was trying to get those tiny grub screws out that hold the dog bone coupler (cv joint?) to the drive shaft of a boat so I could grease it up. Ended up rounding out both of them🤨! Ordered a set of small sized screw extractors to try out. Yes a boat but still something RC I messed up on

Yesterday was trying to get those tiny grub screws out that hold the dog bone coupler (cv joint?) to the drive shaft of a boat so I could grease it up. Ended up rounding out both of them🤨! Ordered a set of small sized screw extractors to try out. Yes a boat but still something RC I messed up on

With a boat ,you might want to use anti-seize lube ,you can get that at your local auto parts store!..👍😎

20211127_180502.jpg

Did some yard bashing with some buddies today and my arrmas really let me down. Pinion came off the outcast and a wheel hub came off my senton... Super random but annoying.

Did you use threadlocker on them?

There was on the grub on the grub screw from the factory. Not sure why it backed off plus the c-clip disappeared too.

There's a screw inside the axle that holds the hub in place. Not really something you'd normally check.

There was on the grub on the grub screw from the factory. Not sure why it backed off plus the c-clip disappeared too.

There's a screw inside the axle that holds the hub in place. Not really something you'd normally check.
Oh yeah man you got to check every screw and nut from factory you will be surprised. What you can find loose or not even tight sometimes.. especially the drive train from motor to the wheels. Better to be safe then breaking or loosen something.. the so called loctite from factory is junk and a joke...its usually all dried out before they even use the screw...

My new Arrma Black Rock turned into 2wd after about 5 minutes or so. The rear differential bearing disintegrated, the tech said he'd never seen that before. Got a replacement differential under warranty. Hope they didn't get a batch of bad bearings, was surprised to have a failure so soon.

Back