The "what you broke today" thread.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armykyle1

RCTalk Talkaholic
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I rather enjoy reading the "what did you buy today" thread. If you're like me, what you bought today, is usually a result of what you broke šŸ˜‚. This isn't limited to RCs. Stripping out banjo bolts, breaking dishes, refrigerator handle, axle nut, curling iron, ball washer freshly spliced fiber optic lines and whatever else. Or hell, what you found that someone else broke šŸ˜‚.

My contribution for today is RC related. Tool my 6s outcast to a skate park today. Not even 5min in, broke a rear a-arm and shock stand off. I need to dial back the punch and brake. Truck spun after a landing and hit a hand rail.

Attachments

• 20211109_135756.jpg
    20211109_135756.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 171
  • 20211109_192506.jpg
    20211109_192506.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 20211109_200855.jpg
    20211109_200855.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 20211109_223938.jpg
    20211109_223938.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 67
It wasn't today, but a couple days ago I was leaning over my workbench working on the X-Maxx and went to move something and felt a disk in my lower back go "squish". Been laid up since, but feeling a lot better today thankfully.

Time for RPM arms! :)

From what I gathered, v5 and exb are a little different. I read the rpm is working on an updated version.

It wasn't today, but a couple days ago I was leaning over my workbench working on the X-Maxx and went to move something and felt a disk in my lower back go "squish". Been laid up since, but feeling a lot better today thankfully.

Damn. That's not good.

Not a thing. really never do i know my rc's limits.

Not today, but yesterday. Chassis and steering knuckle on a DHK Hobby Hunter, had a wire come unsoldered on an ESC on a DHK Wolf 2 buggy, broke a C-hub and stripped a stock spur on an ECX Torment, blew the last spare diff i had for my Racers Edge Pro2 (and they arent available anywhere, so now its gonna become parts), lost a rear wheel off my Arrma Fury (luckily it was just one of the cheap eBay ones, and not one of my Badlands), but, in the process found a really nice shop about 2 hours from me, and, since we go up there quite often (to visit my GF's family), i know where my new hangout will be.

Not today, but yesterday. Chassis and steering knuckle on a DHK Hobby Hunter, had a wire come unsoldered on an ESC on a DHK Wolf 2 buggy, broke a C-hub and stripped a stock spur on an ECX Torment, blew the last spare diff i had for my Racers Edge Pro2 (and they arent available anywhere, so now its gonna become parts), lost a rear wheel off my Arrma Fury (luckily it was just one of the cheap eBay ones, and not one of my Badlands), but, in the process found a really nice shop about 2 hours from me, and, since we go up there quite often (to visit my GF's family), i know where my new hangout will be.
Hmmmm, You almost had me convinced your kits were unbreakable...

Well, I'm that one person then. I run my cars at a concrete skate park (my videos are on youtube), and i have never once bought a part from anyone but the manufacturer. I have vehicles from Arrma, Losi, Tamiya, DHK Hobby, ECX, IMEX, and Redcat, among others, and not once have i bought a part from RPM or any other aftermarket company, and not only do i run my stuff at skate parks, i run them in parking lots (or anywhere else) that snow has been plowed into piles, and 10 feet in the air is mild for me.

I run my Hunter quite often at that park, and so far i have, in over a year, only blew a front bearing, and had the screws pull out of the front bumper because the ones i used when i put it back on were the wrong ones and too short. You made me curious though, so i started looking, and noone anywhere makes DHK upgrade parts, probably because there isnt much of a need for them, and stock parts, if you do need them, are super cheap.

Good to know cuz I prolly would have ended up ordering V5 RPM arms when I break one of the stock ones :)

I see a lot of mixed reviews about them. Hopefully I won't run into this issue again, or I'll switch out to rpm when they update them.

Hmmmm, You almost had me convinced your kits were unbreakable...
I never said they were unbreakable. I said, they break so little, i dont see the need to spend a bunch of money on more expensive aftermarket parts. In the last year, i have ran that Hunter very hard, and this is only the second time i have needed to buy parts for it. As for the Torment, i have had that truck less than a month, and have already destroyed two spurs, but, given how hard it has been ran, that is extremely minor. The Racers Edge, i wouldnt say blowing a diff that has been in that truck for over 4 years is extreme, and, if parts were still available for it, i would be running it another 4 years, but they arent. Maybe stop taking what i say out of context next time. My total parts bill, in 14 months of running the Hunter, is $34.87, which includes tax and shipping, which is less than most guys spend on a single part most of the time.

I totaled my new kyo mp9 a while ago ,I Should have posted up pics ,post some later of
the damage..šŸ˜‚šŸ‘
You did post pics, or a vid at least. Are you talking about the time a car tire tried to eat it? I remember crying and running outside screaming at the sky "PLEASE GOD NO" šŸ¤£

Or did you mangle it again after that?

I never said they were unbreakable. I said, they break so little, i dont see the need to spend a bunch of money on more expensive aftermarket parts. In the last year, i have ran that Hunter very hard, and this is only the second time i have needed to buy parts for it. As for the Torment, i have had that truck less than a month, and have already destroyed two spurs, but, given how hard it has been ran, that is extremely minor. The Racers Edge, i wouldnt say blowing a diff that has been in that truck for over 4 years is extreme, and, if parts were still available for it, i would be running it another 4 years, but they arent. Maybe stop taking what i say out of context next time. My total parts bill, in 14 months of running the Hunter, is $34.87, which includes tax and shipping, which is less than most guys spend on a single part most of the time.
Yeah, they break so little that you broke 4 of them yesterday. :rolleyes:

You did post pics, or a vid at least. Are you talking about the time a car tire tried to eat it? I remember crying and running outside screaming at the sky "PLEASE GOD NO" šŸ¤£

Or did you mangle it again after that?

Yes , I put off buying the parts for it ,as I had other projects going on ,but I am about ready
to buy the parts here soon to get it going!..šŸ‘šŸ˜Ž

Yeah, they break so little that you broke 4 of them yesterday. :rolleyes:
Seriously dude? Yeah, i broke 4 yesterday, but, of those 4, one hasnt needed any parts in more than 2 years, one has broken only once in 14 months, one, this is only the second time i have had any issues with it since last February, and, one i consider extremely minor, and, is a new truck to me. Every truck i ran yesterday, was on all stock parts, that have been on those vehicles since i bought them. Out of all the vehicles i have, my Arrma Granite has cost me more than the 4 i had issues with yesterday combined, so i dont bother with it anymore. This is the first time i have replaced any of the stock plastics on the Hunter since i bought it (in march of 2018), and, on the Wolf, that ESC has been ran in multiple vehicles over the last 3 years, so, having a wire come loose is minor. As for the Wolf itself, i have replaced the rear wing mount exactly once, and nothing else since i bought it in february of last year.

Whatever man, this is the third or forth time I've seen you make some over the top statement and then a week or three later you say something that seems to contradict what you said previously. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I lifted my leg and broke the silence a few minutes ago. So I upgraded it. I turned the TV up so the next time the silence will be harder to break šŸ¤£

Whatever man, this is the third or forth time I've seen you make some over the top statement and then a week or three later you say something that seems to contradict what you said previously. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Where am i contradicting myself? I said i broke some stuff yesterday, which i did, but, now go back and see where else recently that i posted i broke the same parts. Only then can you say it is a contradiction. On the Hunter, since march of 2018, i have broken one steering block, blew one bearing, destroyed one front bumper, and broke one shock, and nothing else. Anything else i have spent on that truck was to make my frankenstein creation, using a mix of DHK Zombie (rear hubs), DHK Raz-R (wing and wing mount), and DHK Maximus (tires, wheels, and 17MM hubs) parts. Nowhere in any of my posts do they contradict themselves. Yes, i broke stuff, but, at the same time, when i do, there is a very long gap between breakages.

Back