The "what you broke today" thread.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They make lockers which would break something else. I think all the aftermarket non sealed diffs use stock internals.

On my trx mini, I would cherry red the ring and pinion then dip it in water or oil. The only thing better then that to harden steel is to use extreme cold. My freezer can't go low enough. 🤣

Always gotta have a weak point somewhere.

Do they make stronger gears?
I don't think so, but the RC is 20+ years old, the diff is probably just worn from use. I'm just gonna put the stock gears in and it'll work just fine.

They make lockers which would break something else. I think all the aftermarket non sealed diffs use stock internals.

On my trx mini, I would cherry red the ring and pinion then dip it in water or oil. The only thing better then that to harden steel is to use extreme cold. My freezer can't go low enough. 🤣
Just find someone who's VERY cold and introverted, one look and those gears will be indestructable! I'd like to say I know people like that (or do I want to?), but (luckily?) I don't!
Always gotta have a weak point somewhere.
Exactly! If everything on your car is beefed up and hardened steel, aluminum, ect. you'll start to break strange things like bolts! Having cheap, common, easy to replace weak points is ideal!

Last edited:
I broke the engine for my x maxx. Pinion isn't moving shaft isn't moving sounds like I am firing a machine gun. I will send the engine back, its still under warranty, but I do wonder is wrong with it and what caused it. I would like to open it up right now but I don't want to mess up the warranty.

I broke the engine for my x maxx. Pinion isn't moving shaft isn't moving sounds like I am firing a machine gun. I will send the engine back, its still under warranty, but I do wonder is wrong with it and what caused it. I would like to open it up right now but I don't want to mess up the warranty.
The bearing in the motor probably failed.

Today I broke a 6s shock rod end on my Typhon 3s!
237196B0-9D4A-4A7B-8D2C-10D4191BD0C8.jpeg

Hot glue won’t fix that 🤣😂 you could try though, while you wait for new parts.

The bearing in the motor probably failed.

Today I broke a 6s shock rod end on my Typhon 3s!View attachment 143537
Was the shock shaft screwed in all the way? Must've been a nasty crash that did it, were you running your Typhon on 3s, or did you use 4s? 🤔🤣 It's supposed to be built for a rig that has twice the power!
Sounds like the motor may be toast, or the bearing failed/seized like @pug said, or maybe dirt/dust somehow got in it, yeah, send the motor back for warranty, don't mess with it yourself, as you don't need to, and from what I know, these big scale motors aren't cheap!

Was the shock shaft screwed in all the way? Must've been a nasty crash that did it, were you running your Typhon on 3s, or did you use 4s? 🤔🤣 It's supposed to be built for a rig that has twice the power!

Sounds like the motor may be toast, or the bearing failed/seized like @pug said, or maybe dirt/dust somehow got in it, yeah, send the motor back for warranty, don't mess with it yourself, as you don't need to, and from what I know, these big scale motors aren't cheap!
The shock shaft was screwed in all the way. I was running it on 3s with some small 6 foot jumps with nice landings.

Arrma's are known to break original parts ,their not that good of quality!..👍😎
I've sent my Typhon 3s 15 - 20 feet into the air no issue, it's just the small jumps that break it. 🤣

Today, I broke my wallet
Man, that's the perfect time for an upgrade! The banks usually have the best upgrades. But they won't sell them to you. You have to fill out an application to get them. The strangest thing though, and this really sucks, if you do get them, you have to give them back! 🤬

Last edited:
Went up to the sand dunes with the 1/10 crawlers on my SCX10 II I broke a drive axle in the front "at least I thought" it turned out to be, I lost the hub pin is all. Because of that I was running in 3 wheel drive and put too much stress on the drive shaft and broke it. I'm ok with that because I want Vanquish anyway.

Went up to the sand dunes with the 1/10 crawlers on my SCX10 II I broke a drive axle in the front "at least I thought" it turned out to be, I lost the hub pin is all. Because of that I was running in 3 wheel drive and put too much stress on the drive shaft and broke it. I'm ok with that because I want Vanquish anyway.
You broke a rock crawler? How the hell is that even possible? 🤪

At least you are looking on the bright side of breakage 😉

Oh, tell her to grab the new Bronco!

Not sure what she bought or is buying, I haven't seen her back yet.

She actually likes the deadbolt but we will see.

Not so much of a break but more the nut had come loose and the wheel rolled off haha

Back