The "what you broke today" thread.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah man you got to check every screw and nut from factory you will be surprised. What you can find loose or not even tight sometimes.. especially the drive train from motor to the wheels. Better to be safe then breaking or loosen something.. the so called loctite from factory is junk and a joke...its usually all dried out before they even use the screw...

Definitely going to start being more thorough.

He has been experiencing exactly that. Both of those. Yup, you nailed it! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oh, and a clogged nozzle to boot!
Only thing missing is filament not feeding and breaking in the tube.

My lap transpondeur wire get wrapped on my central dogbone in Q1 this morning and my gear mesh was a little too thight... Result? Fumed motor, and afterwards, scrap motor for Q2 and a DNS... (burned golden wiring);

IMG_3890.JPG

Broken fan and stripped 72p spur... Tough raceday... :mad:

IMG_3892.JPG

My lap transpondeur wire get wrapped on my central dogbone in Q1 this morning and my gear mesh was a little too thight... Result? Fumed motor, and afterwards, scrap motor for Q2 and a DNS... (burned golden wiring);

Ouch! I hate days like that, it's like when you take a couple of rc's out to a location 45 minutes away and nothing works when you get there. 😫

View attachment 138539

View attachment 138540
What a way to go. I had a similar thing happen on my Dromida 1/18 buggy.

My new Arrma Black Rock turned into 2wd after about 5 minutes or so. The rear differential bearing disintegrated, the tech said he'd never seen that before. Got a replacement differential under warranty. Hope they didn't get a batch of bad bearings, was surprised to have a failure so soon.
That's crazy.. question you bought it new from factory? If so did you go over the truck when you got it home. To be honest there probably wasn't any oil in bearing or and diff fluid in the differential... with RCs from factory you always want to go over the whole thing ever screw bolt shock oil diff tranns everything. So stuff like that doesn't happen.. I'm sure they have had calls about that issue they all say that everytime.. oh wow never heard or saw that one. Lol it is on the response sheet they read from.. lol
Wait till the fun of 3d prints not sticking and bed leveling.
Oh I'm with ya on the bed leveling. It's the fine tune adjustment. Thats got me heavily medicating today.😉
🌬💨💨💨💨

Last edited:
Ouch! I hate days like that, it's like when you take a couple of rc's out to a location 45 minutes away and nothing works when you get there. 😫

Yep... But my motor was sounding a bit "grinchy" on the early morning practice session... I tough that my motor timing screw was the problem or the sensor wire... But no... Well, we are learning every day...

Steering bellcrank yesterday night at the free practice and a strip bearing;

IMG_3894.JPG

Been able to repair at the track and save my night...

I told y'all I'd be here today 😂😂. Outcast did well considering I'm terrible with air control.
Fun day at the soccer field with outcast exb and tbone racing ramp. Popped an axle out, all four body mounts are messed up and broke part of the wing mount 😂. Couple botched landings and a couple good ones. Probably need to up the shock oil. On a number of landings it popped up too much and went on to the roof. Definitely a lot of fun, just gotta get better with air control. Got a couple triple back flips out of it with very little air.

20211215_125057.jpg

20211215_125102.jpg

20211215_125543.jpg

I told y'all I'd be here today 😂😂. Outcast did well considering I'm terrible with air control.
Fun day at the soccer field with outcast exb and tbone racing ramp. Popped an axle out, all four body mounts are messed up and broke part of the wing mount 😂. Couple botched landings and a couple good ones. Probably need to up the shock oil. On a number of landings it popped up too much and went on to the roof. Definitely a lot of fun, just gotta get better with air control. Got a couple triple back flips out of it with very little air.

View attachment 139084
View attachment 139085
View attachment 139086
Looks like a good day to me! :)

Looks like a good day to me! :)

It was! Would have kept going but I didn't bring any tools. But the battery was close to storage charge (3.81v per cell) so that worked out.

Hey! You never told us you were psychic! Glad it was fun!

Call me Mr Ripley

Not a bad break but annoying lol. Pretty sure I have spare parts at home. Two trucks down
20211216_134137.jpg

Back