The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am almost to the point I can understand it when an Irishman speaks, which is one of my bucket list items šŸ˜
you're a better man than me although I have a harder time with the Indian accent than I do Scottish. Theyre both rather difficult for me lol

you're a better man than me although I have a harder time with the Indian accent than I do Scottish. Theyre both rather difficult for me lol
Oh definitely! When I call any kind of customer service, if I get an Indian on the phone I get so frustrated I ask for someone that speaks english. Not too long ago I had a 5 minute conversation that took an hour because I had to ask the guy to repeat himself like every time he said something, usually like 3 or 4 times.

Just got these parts installed on my printer. A Micro Swiss hotend and Capricorn Bowden tube. Fingers crossed this solves my problems!

005_1088x1088.jpg

Capricorn01_1056x1056.jpg

If you have a 3D printer, I highly recommend these upgrades. Micro Swiss is top end stuff!

Last edited:
I dont know what those do but I hope it works for ya :)
The hotend is the part at the bed that extrudes the filament. The tube feeds the filament to it. I already replaced the actual extruder that feeds the filament into the tube. I have been chasing a problem for about 3 months where the printer just stops extruding filament out of the nozzle. It was sporadic, so I couldn't diagnose it til lately when it got a lot worse. And even then I couldn't solve it. So I just replaced everything.

My favorite is actually breakfast, it's good anytime.
A full English breakfast is certainly up there mate haha

Lmao!!! You lads crack me up!!
Itā€™s take the piss if youā€™re making fun of someone, in a good way or having a laugh at someone so expense, although it can be used if someoneā€™s being a d!ck and saying something bad too lol
And a row (said r-a-w with the a sound not like the o sound in row your boat) is having an argument or fight!!!
Also having a go is usually meant like if youā€™re shouting at someone for something bad!
I admit our language can be awkward at the best of times then you have all the local accents which confuse things even more!!! Like Iā€™m from the North East just below Scotland so we have our own words and meanings to other parts of the country lol
Joys of being British eh!!!
Not familiar with tagliatelle Bolognese...looks good though :)

*ponders 10.5 stone* šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
View attachment 134375
Try bolognese with tagliatelle itā€™s beautiful!!!
And yeah stone is a very British measurement, thereā€™s 15 pounds in a stone if that help so šŸ˜‚šŸ‘Œ

Last edited:
A full English breakfast is certainly up there mate haha

Lmao!!! You lads crack me up!!
Itā€™s take the piss if youā€™re making fun of someone, in a good way or having a laugh at someone so expense, although it can be used if someoneā€™s being a d!ck and saying something bad too lol
And a row (said r-a-w with the a sound not like the o sound in row your boat) is having an argument or fight!!!
Also having a go is usually meant like if youā€™re shouting at someone for something bad!
I admit our language can be awkward at the best of times then you have all the local accents which confuse things even more!!! Like Iā€™m from the North East just below Scotland so we have our own words and meanings to other parts of the country lol
Joys of being British eh!!!

Try bolognese with tagliatelle itā€™s beautiful!!!
And yeah stone is a very British measurement, thereā€™s 15 pounds in a stone if that help so šŸ˜‚šŸ‘Œ
LOL, right on. American English I'm sure has just as many odd sayings and slang that arent used in the UK and we have our fair share of accents here too :)

I just ordered the rear shock towers for the xmaxx just so I can secure the shocks so they don't flop around every time I move it.

shock tower.jpg

Went ahead and ordered some new electronics for the crawler. Went with the Hobbywing WP1080 esc and Holmes hobbies 550 12t per a few others suggestions. Hoping this will help with a better slow crawl and not be so jumpy like the stock esc and the 3 different brushed motors I've tried so far.
Screenshot_20211005-204755_eBay.jpg

Also was going to order some QS8 connectors for all my new CNHL packs I received from my sponsor and a QS8 parallel harness. But after reaching out to my go to small business https://www.radiocontrolpower.com/ for my connectors and about having them make a parallel harness as they don't sell them they decided to sponsor me and provide me them FREE!!! Highly suggest checking them out for any connectors, harnesses or ESC's or combos as they have amazing prices and are an awesome small family owned business that's been in the hobby for 30yrs!!
Screenshot_20211005-193615_Chrome.jpg

Went ahead and ordered some new electronics for the crawler. Went with the Hobbywing WP1080 esc and Holmes hobbies 550 12t per a few others suggestions. Hoping this will help with a better slow crawl and not be so jumpy like the stock esc and the 3 different brushed motors I've tried so far. View attachment 134477
Also was going to order some QS8 connectors for all my new CNHL packs I received from my sponsor and a QS8 parallel harness. But after reaching out to my go to small business https://www.radiocontrolpower.com/ for my connectors and about having them make a parallel harness as they don't sell them they decided to sponsor me and provide me them FREE!!! Highly suggest checking them out for any connectors, harnesses or ESC's or combos as they have amazing prices and are an awesome small family owned business that's been in the hobby for 30yrs!! View attachment 134478
Nice one buddy congrats on the sponsor!!!

Went ahead and ordered some new electronics for the crawler. Went with the Hobbywing WP1080 esc and Holmes hobbies 550 12t per a few others suggestions. Hoping this will help with a better slow crawl and not be so jumpy like the stock esc and the 3 different brushed motors I've tried so far. View attachment 134477
Also was going to order some QS8 connectors for all my new CNHL packs I received from my sponsor and a QS8 parallel harness. But after reaching out to my go to small business https://www.radiocontrolpower.com/ for my connectors and about having them make a parallel harness as they don't sell them they decided to sponsor me and provide me them FREE!!! Highly suggest checking them out for any connectors, harnesses or ESC's or combos as they have amazing prices and are an awesome small family owned business that's been in the hobby for 30yrs!! View attachment 134478
This is by far the best brushless set up. If that 550 fits run it. Yes it should be very smooth.

This is by far the best brushless set up. If that 550 fits run it. Yes it should be very smooth.
You mean "brushed" setup lol. From what I've seen and been told yes it is a really great setup and ran by a lot in their crawlers. And yes 550 will fit just fine have already ran a different one in the rig so all good therešŸ‘šŸ¼ ESC will be here tomorrow and hopefully see the motor Saturday if not Monday for sure. Can't wait as with a better slow and smoother crawl the rig should perform amazing!

You mean "brushed" setup lol. From what I've seen and been told yes it is a really great setup and ran by a lot in their crawlers. And yes 550 will fit just fine have already ran a different one in the rig so all good therešŸ‘šŸ¼ ESC will be here tomorrow and hopefully see the motor Saturday if not Monday for sure. Can't wait as with a better slow and smoother crawl the rig should perform amazing!
Yes I mean brushed. Actually I just switched a rig from brushless to this set up. It is actually smoother at low speed stuff.

Yes I mean brushed. Actually I just switched a rig from brushless to this set up. It is actually smoother at low speed stuff.
Ya only brushless setup I'd run crawling would be a nice sensored setup from Castle which aren't cheapšŸ¤‘ Awesome glad to hear another positive experience with this setup as I said that's a big reason I went with it as I've heard nothing but great things about itšŸ‘šŸ¼

You guys will probably kick me off the forum for this but I saw this at Walmart the other day, and being a huge Jeep fan I had to get it. I canā€™t believe I bought a toy grade but that green stamped steel body was too much to resist. Please donā€™t hate me guys šŸ˜

Attachments

• F303B598-F464-4E53-A056-54325C7BD717.jpeg
    F303B598-F464-4E53-A056-54325C7BD717.jpeg
    349.2 KB · Views: 20