The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly pizza isn't my favorite food in the world but my kids were down to visit us so we all went out.

As some of you may remember after I found out that Eagle Tree (the company that made the best RC data loggers ever) went out of business. I searched around for awhile and found another data logger made by Hyperion so i bought one and a couple of the RDUs (remote data units). Shortly after I started using it I discovered that the Hyperion data logger has been discontinued for years but you can still find all the parts and sensors etc. Since I'm not aware of any other stand alone RC data loggers in existance I order a bunch of spares so I have at least 2 of everything even the MDUs. The MDUs are just like the RDU only for mini rigs. doubt Ill ever use em but better to have em and not need em if you know what i mean. The only exception is the RDUs. I have 5 of those total know. I figure thats the most imporant part of the whole thing and the part thats actually mounted in the rig taking abuse.
View attachment 134303
View attachment 134304View attachment 134305

Needed some more red 8AWg wire and decided to pick up some yellow 10AWg wire incase I ever wire a motor up using 10AWg wire instead of 12AWG. I figure one of these days Ill need it when I start swapping motors in 1/5 scales.
View attachment 134306

Tower Hobbies had these servo savers on sale for 30% off a week or two ago so I picked up a few of these. Havent tried em yet but HR usually has decent stuff and I like the fact they come with inserts to fit 23, 24, or 25T splines.
View attachment 134307

Found a good deal on this gently used Muchmore Fleta Pro V2 ESc and Programmer so I also picked it up to give it a try. Never used any Muchmore ESCs and my understanding is they make pretty good quality stuff so I figured it would be fun to check out.
View attachment 134308

Never heard of them. I want the castle copper and maybe even a mcclan esc next.
best purchase ever! I bought Pizza yesterday :)
Pizza today too. 😁 I want mmore now.

Now if I had access to free a free Italian restaurant, it would be a different story.
Spaghetti/tagliatelle Bolognese is my fave dish and my cooking speciality, I can eat enough for three people in one sitting! And for someone that weighs 10 1/2 stone that’s a lot lol 😂

Already had the X-Maxx upper arms ordered, and since they haven't shipped yet, I went ahead and added the lowers to the order.
Screenshot_20211004-113531_eBay.jpg

Spaghetti/tagliatelle Bolognese is my fave dish and my cooking speciality,
Not familiar with tagliatelle Bolognese...looks good though :)

I can eat enough for three people in one sitting! And for someone that weighs 10 1/2 stone that’s a lot lol 😂
*ponders 10.5 stone* 🤣🤣🤣
Real-Estate-Investments-Stones.jpg

The quick-witted brilliance of you guys in here just floors me... :D :D

I was just having a bit of a go at our British friend here. 😁

Did I use that phrase properly or is "having a go" like physically fighting with some one? 🤔
I think what you did was took a piss at him? But having a row (short o) at someone I think is when the fists get involved. I dunno. I just watched 'The Gentleman' movie like 5 times in a row (long o) so I feel edumacated a bit 😝

Freakin' awesome movie btw!!!

I think what you did was took a piss at him? But having a row (short o) at someone I think is when the fists get involved. I dunno. I just watched 'The Gentleman' movie like 5 times in a row (long o) so I feel edumacated a bit 😝

Freakin' awesome movie btw!!!
A row is an arguement I know that much but can it also mean a physical fight? IDK.

and I think its "take the piss out of him"

We need @Stigtheone to weigh in here and help us dumb Muricans out 🤣

A row is an arguement I know that much but can it also mean a physical fight? IDK.

and I think its "take the piss out of him"

We need @Stigtheone to weigh in here and help us dumb Muricans out 🤣
All I know is I heard the line "fancy a row?" somewhere, and the intended meaning seemed to imply a fight. I love British films like The Italian Job, The Kray's, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, etc. I am almost to the point I can understand it when an Irishman speaks, which is one of my bucket list items 😝

Back