The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing today, last night, now that is a different story, bought lots. Today I was ref'n

Technically not bought, what I was graciously provided via my sponsor at RCjuice😍 New Hobbystar 4068 2400kv for my Bigrock so I can go 4s, also a 4585 1580kv for my Notorious to make it an even bigger beefy torquey beast. Last but certainly not least a beast Hobbystar 4724 486oz servo for the RGT ex86100 v2 crawler💪🏼 I will probably be doing some install/replacement videos of the new goodies and of course will have some bashing and crawling videos showcasing the awesome new additions and the performance 👌🏼 Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UCyem5aIkTlhlqHjhOQvnJHQ and get notified when I get new videos uploaded. Also I will be doing another GIVEAWAY when I reach 500 Subscribers and this one will be a good one so make sure to share my channel and help me reach that 500 mark. Feel free also to message me with any questions about my sponsors (CNHL, Radio Control Power and RCjuice) about their products, see if I have coupons to help save you some cash and of course if you need any help or suggestions I am always more than willing to help👊🏼 View attachment 135158View attachment 135159
Good stuff! Already subbed! :)

I've yet to decide if I can be overly happy about NOT HAVING to buy anything. AND be a bit pissed I havent been ABLE to buy anything and all the ways it should/could cancel its self out.. ..😳this RC stuff is deeper than I first thought 😂😂🤣🤣🤷
Its a money pit fo sho. My wife is always on my ass pointing out all the things I could have done to the house. 🤣

Wood planks for the truck bed, truck interior, adjustable hitch, 6x6 frame set, paint, 2,3, 4mm lock nuts, and a wolfsnout filter mask for atvs and landscaping. Also got pin set for the 1/16 traxxas.

Attachments

• 20211018_182010.jpg
    20211018_182010.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20211018_181410.jpg
    20211018_181410.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 13
Bought a bunch of Testers paint in the little glass jars. Haven’t bought any of that in years and years.
I just bought a Testors set like a couple months ago and was thinking the exact same thing. It is what I painted Deadpool with.

20210831_170242.jpg

Grabbed a folding table for a temporary work bench and set it up in one of my guest rooms. Shock oils and diff oil came in. Multiple batteries. Lots of spare parts for the xmaxx. Cheap soldering station came in too. Using one of my old tool boxes that I used for recovery and/or track days, for spare rc parts. Losi lmt came in last week. I've only really used it once, but definitely fun so far. Grabbed the outcast Friday. Stock servo started messing up after about 10min. But I can tell this thing is going to be alot of fun.

20211018_202106.jpg

20211018_192637.jpg

Grabbed a folding table for a temporary work bench and set it up in one of my guest rooms. Shock oils and diff oil came in. Multiple batteries. Lots of spare parts for the xmaxx. Cheap soldering station came in too. Using one of my old tool boxes that I used for recovery and/or track days, for spare rc parts. Losi lmt came in last week. I've only really used it once, but definitely fun so far. Grabbed the outcast Friday. Stock servo started messing up after about 10min. But I can tell this thing is going to be alot of fun.

View attachment 135273

View attachment 135272
My gawd. You just gave me a size comparison for the X-Maxx vs my workbench. I have the same size table that I use. Wow.

My gawd. You just gave me a size comparison for the X-Maxx vs my workbench. I have the same size table that I use. Wow.

The first one I grabbed was 60"x25". I'm glad I saw this one, 6'x29.5". The xmaxx is absolutely massive. No pictures do it justice lol

The first one I grabbed was 60"x25". I'm glad I saw this one, 6'x29.5". The xmaxx is absolutely massive. No pictures do it justice lol
That is the same size as my table. And it takes up half of it. I would have to spend a day rearranging my workbench just to fit it on there!

Just bought a Holley Sniper EFI for the Mustang...been debating back and forth whether to stay with the carburetor but finally bit the bullet. Still need to get the EFI conversion fuel tank though.

You will love EFI. I am an old school carb guy. But I work on all sorts of fuel injection systems. Definitely much better than carbs. No cold start issues not hesitation or vapor lock.
Is the sniper self learning?

What kinda power you making?

You will love EFI. I am an old school carb guy. But I work on all sorts of fuel injection systems. Definitely much better than carbs. No cold start issues not hesitation or vapor lock.
Is the sniper self learning?

What kinda power you making?
Yep, it's a self learning system...right now I have mild 302 making about 250hp to the wheels (if I were to guess). I'm currently building a 347 and my goal is to have 400+ to the wheels...Trick Flow Twisted Wedge top end.

HP talk makes me happy in my pants. 🤣

Something about HP and ear splitting exhaust that just does something to a guy 💪💪💪
Better get a towel

I run a little two cylinder motorcycle on one mile land speed racing trials.

It is only 15 cubic inch but it spins about 13,000 rpm and makes about 50-60 hp on a good day. It is so stupid loud it is almost unbearable. It will peg a 120db noise meter fifteen feet away off idle. And at full song people said they could hear it six miles away.