Stampede to Rustler Conversion....little help please...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pugs2300

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so i have a 2wd stampede...started life as an xl5 and soon was upgraded to vxl...i have had a blast with the truck but its a hand full...its top heavy and not nearly wide enough...i know i could do the protrac conversion or one of the other methods to widen it up and make it more stable but i think I'm done with this platform all together...it has ran its course....so after driving my buddies brushless evader and enjoying its much better handling characteristics i want to convert to a rusty....i know a pede and a rusty are pretty much the same aside form the chassis and and a few other bits but I'm not 100% sure what i need to convert....has anyone done this conversion....maybe have a parts list need to do so...i know ill need the chassis and the upper part of the chassis...but what else...i thought about buying a rusty roller and just installing my electronics and tires but that would still be a little over $110.00...i was hoping to get this done a little cheaper than that and i think i can get the parts to convert considerably cheaper...any help is much appreciated...thanks guys..

I think the chassis, servo plate, and steering linkage is all you need. I think I have everything to convert it over if your interested PM me.

stay with the pede chassis and put the longer rear suspension arms on all corners, add some 2wd slash shocks and wheels. you have a lighter chassis with a wider stance. i rigged one up like this, called it the " 'pede monster " it was a great basher, amazing parking lot racer. low fast and stable in a turn. you had to try to flip it on its lid. you will have to do some tweaking in the steering geometry. but the truck is well worth it. have fun

The rear arms for the pede and the rustler are the same are they not?

Also can you put the longer arms on the front of the rustler to widen its stance some more? I'm looking for anyway to make my Rusty more stable doing high speed runs.

yeah greywolf, the stampede, rustler, and slash are for the most part the same. just a diffrent chassis. so the longer rear suspension arms will work on the front if you are wanting to make a wider stance. and on a brushless rusty, wider is def better.

Back