David's Slash 2wd and Rustler 2wd MM (Mid Motor) Conversions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
It is now official. Converting both cars (hopefully) to mid motor.

Thanks to @luke66 for the inspiration and helping with the Rustler MM.
Thanks to @Lukedavis for inspiration and helping for the Slash MM.
Thanks to @ZaneC for inspiration (Bandit MM)
Thanks to MX Acres on the YouTubes for more inspiration and very custom / moded MM Race Bandit (and Slash 2wd race build)
Thanks to @F.R.S. Ninja_007 for being in the group

Ill post some pictures when people start to send me parts, when I get parts and once I get started working. Hoping to have these done before the last week of March so I can test these out at Beach RC and how they compare to rear motor.

Q: Will I still update my Slash 2.0 and Rustler 2.0 build threads?
A: Yes, this build thread will be strictly for the MM conversion process and aftermath, and tunning. The 2.0 build threads will be the same (copied over) and upgrades and what I do in the future

Q: Is there stuff happening behind the scenes?
A: Yes, Top Secret. Will be revealed when I get the big O.K from the people up there

This build would be fun, and will greatly improve the handling on the cars, especially for the track.

Stay tuned!

Lukedavis Slash MM
Luke66 Rustler MM
Luke66 MM Mission

Last edited:
I forgot
By MMing the cars, I can't run rear bumpers unless you guys figure something out. I like a rear bumper on the slash and the wheelie bar on the rustler. I just got a new wheelie bar for the rustler too. Might not be able to use it for long. :cry: 🤷‍♂️

o dang.

frigging work for me.
I need a wheelie bar anyways too.
Thats one of the reasons that I didn't want to do this project first. But yall wanted me to do one and I want to see the improvement on the track and might be more raceable so here we are.

@Lukedavis spare chassis he is sending over
Image_20240224_161005_189.jpeg

I forgot
By MMing the cars, I can't run rear bumpers unless you guys figure something out. I like a rear bumper on the slash and the wheelie bar on the rustler. I just got a new wheelie bar for the rustler too. Might not be able to use it for long. :cry: 🤷‍♂️
Might need to custom bolt a jato wheelie bar. I did it on my nitro stampede.

Getting new parts are on hold. Most likely won't start until later spring when I get time.
Notice I didn't say used, that means yall can still send me parts. ;)

Waiting for someone to make a custom brace mount thing so I can still use my wheelie bar on the rustler and rpm bumper on the slash. Cause we are flipping the tranny the other way and there is no way to mount a wheelie bar or bumper since originally, its hold onto the back of the tranny case.

I could MM the rustler as Luke 2 is sending me parts for that. MM slash can wait

Last edited:
Getting new parts are on hold. Most likely won't start until later spring when I get time.
Notice I didn't say used, that means yall can still send me parts. ;)

Waiting for someone to make a custom brace mount thing so I can still use my wheelie bar on the rustler and rpm bumper on the slash. Cause we are flipping the tranny the other way and there is no way to mount a wheelie bar or bumper since originally, its hold onto the back of the tranny case.

I could MM the rustler as Luke 2 is sending me parts for that. MM slash can wait
You guys can just call me davis

Back