Lectric Car CPR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WideOpen

RCTalk Addict
Supporter
Reaction score
Well, even though I do not have either of my other two projects 100% I am looking at my next one. My TMaxx, I need to see about converting to a pull start or upgrading my current EZ Start system, other than that it should be done. My Boat, looking for discontinued parts. So here is one that hopefully is easier. Who can tell me what I have here? What kind of battery do I need? What else is missing?

Attachments

• Lectric RC car.jpg
    Lectric RC car.jpg
    643.3 KB · Views: 62
A 6 cell nimh or nicad. ot a 2 cell lipo .looks like a 27 mhz radio and a older brushed esc tacking the esc down finding how many volts it is..not sure on type of car that is..

That ones got me stumped. Other than the traxxas receiver is what other branding is on the car?

Ewww, a brushed motor! That one is cryin for a brushless upgrade and a LiPo 😉

If that doesn't sound fun, then just do as @tntpoof said and grab a 6 cell stick pack or a 2s Lipo.

It looks like you have bullet connectors on the battery leads. And they don't have heat shrink on them!!! 😯

You can either cut those off and solder on an XT60 or EC5 connector (lots of choices here, but I like these), or buy a hard case battery with bullet connectors in it, and for gawd's sake put some heat shrink on those. The bad thing about bullets is you can reverse polarity if not paying attention. Not possible with XT60 or EC5. So I prefer an idiot-proof connector.

Get more pics of motor and ESC.

Well, even though I do not have either of my other two projects 100% I am looking at my next one. My TMaxx, I need to see about converting to a pull start or upgrading my current EZ Start system, other than that it should be done. My Boat, looking for discontinued parts. So here is one that hopefully is easier. Who can tell me what I have here? What kind of battery do I need? What else is missing?
I love the pull start on my maxx 2.5 3.3. Less to carry

I agree, that seriously deserves a brushless system and Lipo.

My best guess from the angle is possibly an associated tc3 or 4. Possibly an older x ray or Schumacher are possible as well. Maybe an old 4 tec but these are just guesses. Nice looking car though. I agree with a brushless system.

My best guess from the angle is possibly an associated tc3 or 4. Possibly an older x ray or Schumacher are possible as well. Maybe an old 4 tec but these are just guesses. Nice looking car though. I agree with a brushless system.
Its a Associated TC3. Kimmie gets the bonus round! :)

OK - I ordered a "Hobbywing XR10 Justock G3 Sensored Brushless ESC/SD G2.1 Motor Combo (10.5T)" at WikedFog's recommendation and a couple of LiPo batteries. Once these come in, I will start the installation process and update.

It looks like you have bullet connectors on the battery leads. And they don't have heat shrink on them!!! 😯

You can either cut those off and solder on an XT60 or EC5 connector (lots of choices here, but I like these), or buy a hard case battery with bullet connectors in it, and for gawd's sake put some heat shrink on those. The bad thing about bullets is you can reverse polarity if not paying attention. Not possible with XT60 or EC5. So I prefer an idiot-proof connector.

Get more pics of motor and ESC.
what is "these"?
I think I found them - looks like a plug, flat on one side and pointed on the other side

what is "these"?
I like the XT60 or EC5 connectors is what I meant. Some people use Deans (T-plugs), some use bullets like your car has, etc. And there are different sizes of these plugs. Like the XT90 and EC3.