Lectric Car CPR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I have learned my lesson buying anything other than Amass. I have had some that were pretty good though. But you can definitely tell the Amass ones.
crap! who knows what I bought...well poop.

crap! who knows what I bought...well poop.
I sent you the link to the Amass connectors, so as long as you got those, you are golden. And for what you are doing, any of them will be fine and dandy 😉

I sent you the link to the Amass connectors, so as long as you got those, you are golden. And for what you are doing, any of them will be fine and dandy 😉
HA! I musta followed your advice - they showed up today and they are the Amass brand - golden!
you may have to write me off on your taxes for 2021

HA! I musta followed your advice - they showed up today and they are the Amass brand - golden!
you may have to write me off on your taxes for 2021
Well that's good. Share some photos of your progress when you start working on it.

Ugh I hate yard work😝😝
I used to too, but now I like it. I think what turned it around for me was when I bought a lawn/garden tractor - it is a 1978 John Deere 316.
Well that's good. Share some photos of your progress when you start working on it.
Won't be this weekend, or next weekend for that matter - got to referee starting today, here in just a couple hours. Saturday and Sunday are all day long.

Then the following weekend, I am trailering my boys motorcycle to him where he is going to college. busy-busy-busy...

I used to too, but now I like it. I think what turned it around for me was when I bought a lawn/garden tractor - it is a 1978 John Deere 316.

Won't be this weekend, or next weekend for that matter - got to referee starting today, here in just a couple hours. Saturday and Sunday are all day long.

Then the following weekend, I am trailering my boys motorcycle to him where he is going to college. busy-busy-busy...
Good luck with refereeing. That's can tough sometimes. And I'm jealous of your John deer does it have a cup holder😉😉

N

No one really ever argues with me. It does not, but, my koozies have magnets - works just fine.
My dad had an old Bolens garden tractor. It was in pieces and old and rusty when he bought it, but when he got done with it she was a beauty! It was a beast of a tractor.

N

No one really ever argues with me. It does not, but, my koozies have magnets - works just fine.
Some of those team parents can get out of control. What do you ref?

HA! that is funny - never seen it before. Yes, I referee Registered Skeet Shoots. Shooting sports are a much more different crowd than ball sports. Even competitor's are there to help the other guy/gal.

So, all I need to do is install this new motor, the new XR10 ESC, and this grey receiver and I should be ready to roll, once I add the battery - correct???

Attachments

• Brushless motor.jpg
    Brushless motor.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 21
HA! that is funny - never seen it before. Yes, I referee Registered Skeet Shoots. Shooting sports are a much more different crowd than ball sports. Even competitor's are there to help the other guy/gal.

So, all I need to do is install this new motor, the new XR10 ESC, and this grey receiver and I should be ready to roll, once I add the battery - correct???
Yeah, get it all installed first of all. Then you need to calibrate the ESC (instructions in the ESC manual). Is your transmitter already bound to that receiver?

Yeah, get it all installed first of all. Then you need to calibrate the ESC (instructions in the ESC manual). Is your transmitter already bound to that receiver?
I dunno - it's been in the attic for years. They were in the same OEM box - far as I know, he may have never even used them, but he might have.

I dunno - it's been in the attic for years. They were in the same box - far as I know, he may have never even used them, but he might have.
Ok. Well it should be. If not, you'll have to find out how to bind it. I have never had a Spektrum radio system, so I can't help ya.

One thing I always do is I do a bench test of everything before I install it. Those Hobbywing manuals aren't too bad, so you should be able to sort through it.

I went and bought a new soldering iron today, one that has multiple tips. This tool came with it...what do I use it for?

Attachments

• soldering tool.jpg
    soldering tool.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 26
I went and bought a new soldering iron today, one that has multiple tips. This tool came with it...what do I use it for?
That is a really small pic. I can't really make out what the tool is. Can you post a bigger picture of not only the tool but the soldering iron you bought? May help us figure out what it is.