First crawler build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edough13

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Receny picked up my first crawler and am loving it! It's the RGT ex86100 v2 and for my first crawler and experience driving one I'm blown away how well it does. Have done some upgrades and made adjustments to my shocks and added weight and have seen huge improvement already. Here's my build thread and what I've done so far👍🏼 https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/first-crawer-build-rgt-ex86100-v2.131892/

Bout time ya slacker! 🤣
Ya ya... 🤣 I'll try to get on here a bit more just always on the Arrma Forum and youtube and Instagram. Also lost my login on here so had to go through that lol and new phone didn't help as lost all my account info for lots of places.. this forum is a lot better and more info for crawling though so definitely get more help than the Arrma Forum for my new crawler👍🏼

Welcome to the crawling world. I love it. A lot shorter walk when I crash.... :p
Well.... let's just say I've had, on a number of occasions, scaled down +30ft to retrieve my crawlers.
0724210841a.jpg

Worth it? yes! Thrill about scaling down a steep rock face, and then having to scale back up with only one available hand? Not so much 🤣
That spot is a huge natural reserve just north of Boston. About 40min away from me. It's awesome! If you like, you can read about it in my crawling "journal"
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/the-crawl-chronicles.130723/
Awesome I'll check it out! I'm in northeastern California so lots of forest and mountains to play on and adventure. Sure you heard about the really bad Dixie fire which is right where I am had it come within 2 miles from our property 😱
IMG_20210816_200815863.jpg
IMG_20210817_201431496.jpg
IMG_20210817_204822018.jpg

Man, that is terrifying!
Ya that's an understatement! And when this happened we had my parents evacuated and staying with us already so if we had to leave none of us had anywhere to go. Very thankful they were able to stop it at the highway 2 miles away🙏🏼

Ya that's an understatement! And when this happened we had my parents evacuated and staying with us already so if we had to leave none of us had anywhere to go. Very thankful they were able to stop it at the highway 2 miles away🙏🏼
Wow, it must have seemed like a miracle! I'm glad to hear you and your family are all safe.

@Edough13 Speaking of which, how are things up there, did the rain help enough?
On our end seems fire is out at least the most of it. The other end is still burning hot and spreading though unfortunately but not anywhere near us or my parents thank god! Still staying pretty hazy with smoke but not near as bad as the previous 2 months straight. Made a trip to Reno Sunday and got to see the devastation up close of the above pictures. Pretty much over a 40 mile stretch there were few miles here and there along the way that didn't burn but everything else was burnt. Amazing some of the houses they were able to save where the fire burnt every inch around them very sad to see for sure. I'm not looking forward to driving the other way and seeing the area around my parents and where I grew up destroyed quite yet as that's going to be really hard seeing all the beauty I grew up in destroyed. Not to mention around all our lakes and favorite camping spots that I have some of my oldest memories from😥

On our end seems fire is out at least the most of it. The other end is still burning hot and spreading though unfortunately but not anywhere near us or my parents thank god! Still staying pretty hazy with smoke but not near as bad as the previous 2 months straight. Made a trip to Reno Sunday and got to see the devastation up close of the above pictures. Pretty much over a 40 mile stretch there were few miles here and there along the way that didn't burn but everything else was burnt. Amazing some of the houses they were able to save where the fire burnt every inch around them very sad to see for sure. I'm not looking forward to driving the other way and seeing the area around my parents and where I grew up destroyed quite yet as that's going to be really hard seeing all the beauty I grew up in destroyed. Not to mention around all our lakes and favorite camping spots that I have some of my oldest memories from😥
Sorry, Man!

Awesome I'll check it out! I'm in northeastern California so lots of forest and mountains to play on and adventure. Sure you heard about the really bad Dixie fire which is right where I am had it come within 2 miles from our property 😱View attachment 132737View attachment 132738View attachment 132740
Man, that's terrible. I am in Idaho and we are having a bad fire season also but luckily they are Northern Idaho and I am Southwest.
Last year we had a bad one though that burnt all of my playground.
We are really getting a lot of smoke from the fires in Cali so I can only imagine how terrible it is.

Wanted to see how well the RGT did on an incline and was able to get like 46° with smooth wood no grip and body on. Added some carpet and with body on did 49-50° and without body did 53-54°. Can tell with a little more weight up front should get a few more for sure. Pretty awesome though for what little I've done to it!
20210914_204908.jpg
20210915_121128.jpg

Back