The Crawl Chronicles

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xraycer

RCTalk VIP
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Flying
I'm going to start this thread to chronical my crawling excursions. Just to keep a journal, to look back at later on.
I would also like to welcome everyone to feel free and posts their recent crawls here as well. Whether it's a full day out, or just a quick 5 minute run in the backyard. You can write a whole essay or just simply post a picture.

Last edited:
Cutter's woods 5/26/21
It got into the 90's today. While it was hot, the humidity stayed down, so it wasn't oppressive. With the high heat, I had figured that there wasn't going to be many people on the trails. I was right! I was the only lunatic out there. Well, me and the mosquitos and other buying bugs. They were annoying, but not overwhelming.
This is my first time here with Jalapeno, my Redcat Gen8 V2. There aren't any rock face structure, but there were plenty of boulders, rocks, tree roots, and hill climbs. On top of having fun with my rc, I also got in about a 2 hour hike.
0526211715.jpg

0526211748a.jpg

0526211722a.jpg

0526211653_Burst01.jpg

0526211824.jpg

Lookin good, those lights really stand out in that last shot. :thumbs-up:
The last pic was at the end of the trek. It was about 6:30pm and with overcast sky and being surrounded by trees, it was getting dark, so I turned the lamps on just for a cool effect. That light bar on the roof is super bright! I plan to do some night crawls. It should be an interesting experience.

Raymond Conservation Area 5/24/21

Amidst the forested area are a few soccer fields. After dropping off my 14yo son for soccer practice, I went off to "kill some time"......in one of my favorite ways!
0525211846.jpg

0525211900a.jpg

0525211924.jpg

0525211926a.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a fun spot! We are probably getting a new building at work next year, I asked the boss if we could build a rock crawling course in the warehouse, he said no! LOL! I had to give it a shot 🤣
Your boss is obviously an unreasonable individual

Jericho gas line 6/1/21

Never been down this yellow trail before. Appears to have very light usage. Not the best for crawling since there is so much undergrowth and dead, fallen timber and natural debris.
Regardless, it was still enjoyable being out with Jalapeno since I was away for the long weekend.
0601211901a.jpg
0601211858a.jpg

0601211856a.jpg

Nice, it's cool you've got nice shady spots to run in for the summer. It was 106° here this weekend, unless your out real early, it sucks the fun out real quick. I've got to find some spots closer to home that I can crawl, don't want to have to drive 45 minutes every time I want to play.

Nice, it's cool you've got nice shady spots to run in for the summer. It was 106° here this weekend, unless your out real early, it sucks the fun out real quick. I've got to find some spots closer to home that I can crawl, don't want to have to drive 45 minutes every time I want to play.
It wasn't a hot nor humid day, and the shade would certainly be great during those hot, sunny days. However, in the shade is where those blood thirsty, biting bugs lurk. This is why I absolutely love the fall.

Peabody town forest 6/5/21

It was about 94°F and over 90%humidity by the time I got to the town forest. Why come out when it's so hot? Less chance of people.
It looks like I found my new favorite local crawling area! I've hiked this area before, and, apparently, I was oblivious to how excellent of a crawl spot this is. It is a smaller wild area that is out of the way. It doesn't get a lot of foot traffic. Typically, most people who come here are those who live nearby and walk their dogs. It's not popular because there is no body of water and no vistas to take in.
For me, however, there are plenty of wooded areas, dirt trails, and tons of rocks and boulders of all sizes. The best part is that it's less than 5 minutes from my house!
Since, it's so close to home and lightly used, I think it has great potential for a crawling course, off the beaten path. I am really ecstatic about this spot!
0605211440b.jpg

0605211436f.jpg

0605211615.jpg

Back