Best LiPo battery for 1/16 e revo?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rolsy100

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm looking for a long lasting LiPo battery? 1/16 e-revo, links and ideas pics maybe? :)

tmaxxfreek, how long did it take you to get your lipos from hobbyking?

Ok then mine should be along shortly I suppose, I ordered on August 28/2013, and I'm getting a little conserned, but I do live in Frog Lake Alberta Canada.

So I tracked my lipos, they are in Vancouver/or dispatched to Vancouver. I think I ordered from the wrong warehouse, but at least they are on their way to me....I hope, I wonder if customs is going to force the postmaster to hold me by my ankles, until all my money falls to the floor.

you will enjoy the batteries, i still have some that i have been racing with for 2 years.

Here's something interesting that I noticed if you only order one 3s lipo from the hobbyking international warehouse, the total is $40+ w/shipping & handling, but I ordered four 3s lipos and the total was about $68+, w/shipping & handling. That might be food for thought if someone was planning a purchase. Don't know why, didn't ask.

I use Venom 15024 11.1v 20c 1300mah 3S which you should be able to find quickly at about 20.00

+1. That's the same one that I use in mine. Makes it fun trying to keep all 4 on the ground.

My 3s lipos are finally in Canada, tracking says in transit.

How long can a stock merv run on 3s befor something goes? I wan to run 3s on my merv when i get it out of layaway but i dont want to fry the thing out the box lol

I've heard about 5mins if you've got a heavy trigger finger, I ordered a bunch of drivetrain upgrades along with my 3s lipos, also ordered a 55T spur and a 19T pinion, just to lower the motor/ESC temps......but I plan on running them parrallel.

If you can run a 3s pack of any substantial size (all things realtive being 1/16 scale) dead in normal driving in 5 minutes, I want to see that. :D I usually get at least 15 minutes on a pack, and generally 20 minutes plus.

If you can run a 3s pack of any substantial size (all things realtive being 1/16 scale) dead in normal driving in 5 minutes, I want to see that. :D I usually get at least 15 minutes on a pack, and generally 20 minutes plus.

No he asked how long before he destroys part of the MERV. And I've heard about 5 mins, baring a crash of sorts.

Oh, I thought he meant till the battery goes, I misread. In that case, I've been running mine on 3s for over a year and half without issues. It's all in throttle control; be ham fisted or do lots of backflips and you're sure to get good at fixing the diffs. :D

Back