Traxxas E-Revo and Summit have been discontinued

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukedavis

Hardcore RCTalk User
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Boating
It’s a sad day for traxxas fans. The summit and e-revo have been taken off of shelfs. I’ll try and find a link but I saw Mark Santa Maria’s video on it.
I found a Reddit subreddit talking about the e-revo.

Does the summit and e revo have that big of a following? Those are 2 Traxxas products that never really interested me. No offense to anyone that likes them, just not my thing.

I like the E-Revo and own one but it's heavy and overly complicated compared to a Sledge. What I would like to see from Traxxas is a 13" wheel base Sledge with a monster truck body. That's something I would be willing to trade in my Outcast for. Of course that would be the end of the rest of the Revo line.

As someone who owns a Traxxas Sledgehammer, Losi 3XL and a Proline Pro Fusion I understand how these things work.

Does the summit and e revo have that big of a following? Those are 2 Traxxas products that never really interested me. No offense to anyone that likes them, just not my thing.
Apparently not, companies rarely discontinue those models that sell really well.

I like my Summit for a trail truck... think it's one of the best.

Not sure about the Summit but the E-Revo has always been a popular rig afaik. I think the only reason the discontinued the E-Revo is because they intend the Sledge to be its replacement. Theyre basically the same style of truck. I always wanted an E-Revo. I'm tempted to buy one if they can still be found out there new.

Not sure about the Summit but the E-Revo has always been a popular rig afaik. I think the only reason the discontinued the E-Revo is because they intend the Sledge to be its replacement. Theyre basically the same style of truck. I always wanted an E-Revo. I'm tempted to buy one if they can still be found out there new.
They are not even close. How are they the same style of truck? Traxxas makes them? Have you looked at the shock configuration? Just sayin.

They are not even close. How are they the same style of truck? Traxxas makes them? Have you looked at the shock configuration? Just sayin.
Cuz they are both 1/8 scale sized truggies? Just because one rig has cantilever shocks and the other has standard shock placement doesn't mean they arent the same style of truck.

Ok I get that. Not really close after that. I just never liked the internal shocks. The Sledge has its problems as well. I had really good luck with it though. The best RC is the one that makes you happy. I was so happy with my Hoss, I was laughing. 🤣

Ok I get that. Not really close after that. I just never liked the internal shocks. The Sledge has its problems as well. I had really good luck with it though. The best RC is the one that makes you happy. I was so happy with my Hoss, I was laughing. 🤣
I never said they looked alike. I just said they were the same category of RC.

the summit was honestly really weird, it had a two-speed trans right? i think it was supposed to be a mix of a crawler and a MT, pretty cool the more you think about it.
Yeah, it was like having a vehicle that sucked at both its intended uses from what I have seen.

In my experience, the Summit is a great trail truck... plenty of suspension, high-grip tires, and it has a two speed transmission with remote diff locks.

It can crawl over most obstacles (narrow troughs can be tough) but if you get to an open area, it has the speed to rip around.

Love it. Too cool
I read that the Summit could crawl, and bash, but not really good at either. Now that it's discontinued, I want one. 🤣

Back