Traxxas E-Revo and Summit have been discontinued

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It appears the erevo is no longer listed on the products page. The summit still is but has a $50.. discount. If they did, I didn't think they would ever do the revo platform.

It appears the erevo is no longer listed on the products page. The summit still is but has a $50.. discount. If they did, I didn't think they would ever do the revo platform.
Oh. On Mark Santa Maria’s video he went to the traxxas superstore and the summit and e-revo where gone from the shelf’s.

It’s a sad day for traxxas fans. The summit and e-revo have been taken off of shelfs.
Whats up.... its OK there is so many parts out there. You would be able to build one if you really want one for yrs. The revo and the revo 2.0 are sweet trucks. Well worth the build

Whats up.... its OK there is so many parts out there. You would be able to build one if you really want one for yrs. The revo and the revo 2.0 are sweet trucks. Well worth the build
i think it would cost like double the price of a used one to try and build one from scratch

Does the summit and e revo have that big of a following? Those are 2 Traxxas products that never really interested me. No offense to anyone that likes them, just not my thing.
Idk about the E Revo but I am in a Summit group on Facebook with around 12k members that is highly active.
Yeah, it was like having a vehicle that sucked at both its intended uses from what I have seen.
To quote the Jang "The Summit is a Jack of all trades master of none."

i think it would cost like double the price of a used one to try and build one from scratch
Not even close. You got to consider the way you build one. So you get to build it the way you want it.

You don't have to buy the the RTR version. And then spend more money on all the upgrades. And better electronics.

Because traxxas electronics are all garbage. So it might be close to what you pay for a RTR. Maybe a little more. Not much
I've built my traxxas trucks from scratch. It's more fun that way. Your going to spend the way one way or another. Might as well have fun building them.

And then you know your RC truck/cars inside and out. Better then just buying them. Then asking or wondering how to fix this or that...

Last edited:
There are a bunch of E Revos that have popped up for sale in my area recently. One is very tempting for the price, but I know I wouldn't keep it. The Summit on the other hand has always caught my eye. Just needs a Hard body, and I'd be stoked about it. My biggest problem with crawler is that they are slow. I like to crawl sometimes, but not enough to have a truck dedicated to it. The Summit is a good all around truck it appears.

There are a bunch of E Revos that have popped up for sale in my area recently. One is very tempting for the price, but I know I wouldn't keep it. The Summit on the other hand has always caught my eye. Just needs a Hard body, and I'd be stoked about it. My biggest problem with crawler is that they are slow. I like to crawl sometimes, but not enough to have a truck dedicated to it. The Summit is a good all around truck it appears.
The summit really isn't a crawler. It more like a basher/crawler. With the stock brushed set up it's definitely slow as balls. Throw a brushless set up in it.

And get rid of all the traxxas electronics. You would have a nice little basher. And a crawler if And when you wanted it. Especially with the locking diffs. On the newer verison...

If the price is rite you might be surprised with the revo. The revo 2.0 you can beat the piss out of it.. and it comes back for more every time...

I considered the revo a few times but couldn't get on board with the cantilever suspension.

I considered the revo a few times but couldn't get on board with the cantilever suspension.
Yeah it's not the best set up for suspension on that truck. It's set up more for racing really. Not so much bashing. Even on the merv it sucks really. There isn't that much travel in it...

On my 10.2 I put a low kv motor and geared it up to 22mph. Not to bad on bottom or top end. My 450 is my slow one now, but she's also the heavy hauler. 🫠

Not even close. You got to consider the way you build one. So you get to build it the way you want it.

You don't have to buy the the RTR version. And then spend more money on all the upgrades. And better electronics.

Because traxxas electronics are all garbage. So it might be close to what you pay for a RTR. Maybe a little more. Not much
I've built my traxxas trucks from scratch. It's more fun that way. Your going to spend the way one way or another. Might as well have fun building them.

And then you know your RC truck/cars inside and out. Better then just buying them. Then asking or wondering how to fix this or that..

I learned a long time ago it's better to build them from scratch or start with a roller/slider. I have maybe $500 in my Slashpede 4x4 that started as a used rtr. If I would have bought it at retail the build would be much closer to $1,000.

I learned a long time ago it's better to build them from scratch or start with a roller/slider. I have maybe $500 in my Slashpede 4x4 that started as a used rtr. If I would have bought it at retail the build would be much closer to $1,000.
I guess I'll do that for an arrma mojave 6s! Jennys rc here I come!

Back