2 speed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxh0lywarsxx

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i ran my new bad ass tmaxx for the frist time today :) but i couldnt hear the shift point for the two speed.....it had plenty of top and and the bottom end was pretty good soo i dont know if it was stock in second gear or not

It should be a pretty distinct sound. But if you can't hear it you should see a pretty big increase of speed. But if it is not shifting in second you will hear it revving really high.

When you say "for the first time" I'm guessing you mean for the first time after a proper break-in.

Second gear is pretty unmistakable.

Are you running on a hard surface? I've run mine on heavier grass and second gear wouldn't kick in because the grass was slowing the truck down.

You say you have good power at top and bottom so I won't ask you about that.

Previously posted by wdavidhicks
If anyone DOES want to tweak the shift point on the 2-speed Maxx, it's a 2mm wrench. There's two set screws in the shift mechanism that are accessible from the hole in the top of the tranny. One is for shift point adjustment. The other is the set screw that anchors the shift mechanism to the primary shaft and you DON'T want to loosen that one.
shiftpoint.jpg

Shown is wrench in the shift point adjuster. If your wrench is pointing straight at the primary shaft when you've seated it in the hex screw, then you've got the wrong one.

I would eliminate everything else before trying this.

its on street but no traction

salt everywere

MY 2spd SPRTMXX shifts so smoothly that i can't hear it, but Mine is a sportmaxx, and i wouldent know with a tmaxx