Nitro Rustler with 2 speed transmission

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, today I clocked just over 60 mph (97km.h) on a rich tune.
Was just about to lean it to finally make it over 100 km/h when my fiddlesticking throttle traxxas 2075 servo died.
What POS, this is a second one that died on me (different occasion), can't believe how poopy these servos really are!
That's fiddlesticking awesome though, you're finally getting the speed your looking for.
And I'm not surprised about the servos, don't get me wrong they're great while they last but they break easily.

Bit angry at myself for not doing the homework first...
Just purchased Traxxas 6842 50T Spur, which is slash/stampede part, and its a perfect fit for a Jato.
Fitted it in 5 mins no need to raise the engine...etc, and still room left for even smaller spur, and local hobby store had it for 10 NZD.

Now I need to find out whether there are even smaller tooth count Traxxas spurs that will fit the Jato.
Still waiting on the ones from US to arrive.

Well, just received the spur gears from the States.
Unfortunately they are not a match.
The Jato clutch assembly 3 holes do not line up, the bearing hole is also too small.
Serves me right for getting too exited and not doing more research.

The Jato clutch assembly 3 holes do not line up, the bearing hole is also too small.
Drill the holes to be a bit bigger, it does fit. I literally have it on mine. It does work like I said in the beginning you have to fiddle with it a bit.
when i get home I will take a picture... its literally the spur gear i have on right now.

Last edited:
Were you able to adjust it?

Hey dude

Haven't tried yet, I am busy with my Savage 5.9, trying to get it to shift into the 3rd gear.
I will just have to Macgyver this eventually.

Thanks
Keep me updated what's wrong with the gears? Timing or it's just not shifting?

Hey dude

Haven't tried yet, I am busy with my Savage 5.9, trying to get it to shift into the 3rd gear.
I will just have to Macgyver this eventually.

Thanks
1000009776.jpg

Jato tranny does fit 32pitch 46teeth spur gears with a little fiddling... I just have to raise the engine now to see how fast this thing can really go ! 😁🤠👍

View attachment 159368
Jato tranny does fit 32pitch 46teeth spur gears with a little fiddling... I just have to raise the engine now to see how fast this thing can really go ! 😁🤠👍

Hey man

I am waiting for a slipper clutch assembly to pop up at Jennys RC, so I can easily swap between the spurs, rather than taking apart every time.
Then I will do my own Jato speed tests...

looking good.

Hey man

I am waiting for a slipper clutch assembly to pop up at Jennys RC, so I can easily swap between the spurs, rather than taking apart every time.
Then I will do my own Jato speed tests...

looking good.
If you want something on Jenny's, put an email notification on it, and it will usually be in stock within a day or three. Just be ready to order it quickly, because some items get bought immediately. Plus they list stuff on ebay as well, so it gets a lot of people seeing it.

If you want something on Jenny's, put an email notification on it, and it will usually be in stock within a day or three. Just be ready to order it quickly, because some items get bought immediately. Plus they list stuff on ebay as well, so it gets a lot of people seeing it.

Yep, I always select an email notification....

Thanks!