Can I keep the 2 speed gearing??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukew

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So I’ve already converted a few 2.5 tmaxxes and they all have been pretty good but I’ve been wanting to do one with one of my 3.3 chassis and have really wanted to keep the two speed gearing, since in all the 2.5s I’ve single speed converted them. Other than having to still use the servo brake is there any reason it wouldn’t be able to shift while being electric? I mostly want it to be able to just for the cool factor not for any real reason.

So I’ve already converted a few 2.5 tmaxxes and they all have been pretty good but I’ve been wanting to do one with one of my 3.3 chassis and have really wanted to keep the two speed gearing, since in all the 2.5s I’ve single speed converted them. Other than having to still use the servo brake is there any reason it wouldn’t be able to shift while being electric? I mostly want it to be able to just for the cool factor not for any real reason.
It will work. It will just have to rev up like a nitro engine to shift into second gear

Back