Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not as bad as it looks, all that's wrong with it is a broken gearbox. I've built Associateds before so this shouldn't be a challenge.

Interesting how shocks are last to be assembled in the serpent kit. I’ve never seen this before building shocks. Not sure if it’s genius or moronic.🤷 I sent the first two clips sailing off to who knows where (they are tiny) never to be found. Immediately ordered a from Amain. Finally found a video on YouTube from Japan on how to install the stupid clips.

View attachment 174945

View attachment 174946
In 2006 I got a pellet gun. I am still finding pellets all over the yard. 🤣 still looking for the Lego guys head.

Was wrenching on the mini b. Lost the standoff so I just used a long screw, spacer on the other side, and then a nut. Didn't tighten it all the way because if I did, it will clamp the cap and will lock up the shock.
Got ellipse's rear and stock bar tire front.
Getting in my MIP slipper clutch Tuesday so I'll install that then, and maybe do a test run at the local indoor dirt track. Gonna take it easy over the jumps so I don't break anything. Put more preload to raise the ride height, and also not to mention the front shock has no oil.

PXL_20231119_224452964.jpg

PXL_20231119_224516320.jpg

I need me an 8th scale to go racing with my buddies, but they be racing at tracks that are like 2 hours away.

Does installing tiles with thinset mortar count?
Why that sounds like an rc track layout. It sure does. Just don't run across the floor with acid solution. Not that I done that before!

Today I got a 3d printed 12mm hex adapter for my radio and I had a spare set of VTA rear rims and rear slicks so I put those on. A longer screw did needed to be used but a wider and bigger wheel feels a lot better in my hand. I also put on a lanyard. I had my LHS order the optional carbon fiber handle that goes on top so hopefully that comes in soon. (yeah yeah i know i still have the plastic on the screen lol :wacky: )

IMG_3482.jpg

Today I got a 3d printed 12mm hex adapter for my radio and I had a spare set of VTA rear rims and rear slicks so I put those on. A longer screw did needed to be used but a wider and bigger wheel feels a lot better in my hand. I also put on a lanyard. I had my LHS order the optional carbon fiber handle that goes on top so hopefully that comes in soon. (yeah yeah i know i still have the plastic on the screen lol :wacky: )

View attachment 175349
Oooo love the wheel, it’s like the style that fits a Datsun 510. Nice work

I took the hub off of all my wheels and added thread locker.so.they.dont. come off.the wheel.

Exercising my hands by cutting this huge 1/10 SCT body for the slash.
403415645_694862762709292_2346826553819255478_n.jpg
398464191_291321976585579_566726874142388297_n.jpg

Never really actually cut out SCT bodies before, this is my first one, as the traxxas clear one I had was already pre cut, and the other ones my uncle did so.

Last edited:
Exercising my hands by cutting this huge 1/10 SCT body for the slash. View attachment 175413View attachment 175414
Never really actually cut out SCT bodies before, this is my first one, as the traxxas clear one I had was already pre cut, and the other ones my uncle did so.

Yeah, that can be a workout on the hands for sure. I like the score and snap method.

I am going to start another crawler build after Christmas.
It will be the SCX10 platform with portal axles.
Holmes Hobby's pro crawler motor, with a Hobbywing Quicrun WP 1080.