Gspeed Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addict Rc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hello. Figured I’d put everything into one post about the GSpeed V4 build aka Ruby.

Disclaimer, this is very long and very very very boring. Just look at the pics lol

So I “started” the build back in June when I bought a Injora SCX10 ii trans and GSpeed V2 rails for $50 from a local swap meet. I posted in the GSpeed FB group asking about what chassis it was because there wasn’t much about it anywhere. And less than 24H after I posted it the owner of Hardcore RC Links asked if I wanted to trade for a new V4 chassis. I guess because he sold his V2 and regretted it. So I traded with him. Got the blue carbon fiber V4 rails and Delrin skid.

After that I ordered some $16 links on Amazon, and some purple tamiya paint with a JConcepts creep cab body. I printed a bed and sliders. I also had some stock TRX4 shocks which I liked and had laying around so I used those aswell.

I had a buddy with some axles and stuff I traded a few 1/18 rigs for the rest of the parts with him. I originally got a SW3 & Holmes hobby Outrunner. Which I found out was not a good combo. He warned me but I still did it. So I traded back with him for a hobbywing Fusion SE. (not any pics of most of this) and had a Spektrum SLT3 laying around which I used as the RX/TX.

Me being an idiot tried cutting the body with an exacto knife. Like the night before an event. I cut almost all the way to the roof on the rear corner. Luckily I found a $20 or $30 used cliffhanger that was painted. So I bought it. And made some decals up for it.

After that I designed some custom Velcro body mounts. Printed them and mounted the body. Unfortunately the rails were sticking out. Which I hated, so I cut about an inch or so of the rails off. And now it looks so much better.

Yep that’s about it. Sorry there’s minimal pictures. 1. I don’t have all day to upload a detailed picture timeline. 2. I don’t have all day to find all the pictures somewhere in a chat or something.

IMG_0559.jpeg

IMG_1614.jpeg

IMG_1661.jpeg

IMG_1665.jpeg

IMG_1726.jpeg

IMG_1727.jpeg

IMG_4885.jpeg

IMG_6652.jpeg

Oh yeah. Let me add a bit. Got a Flysky Noble NB4 which is in it now. Also here’s the parts list.

Incase Your Wondering What’s “Under The Hood” On Ruby. This Is What I’m Running!
Ruby
Yzzr (YZZRInserts.Com)
Soft Hyrax Inserts 1.9x4.75
Urgenex (UrgenexRC.Com)
2200MAH 3S 50C W/ XT60 Lipo
RCAWD (RCAWD.Com)
SCX10 Driveshafts
Sincecam (Sincecam.Com)
35KG HV Servo
GSpeed Chassis (GSpeedChassis.Com)
V4 Blue Carbon Fiber Chassis Rails
Delrin SCX10 Skid Plate
Proline Racing (ProlineRacing.Com)
Cliffhanger 1/10 313MM Body
1.9x4.75 G8 Hyrax Tires
Axial Adventure (AxialAdventure.Com)
AR44 Axles
RCLions (Amazon)
SCX10 Linkages
1.9/2.2 Hubs 17.5MM With Custom Shaved Lip
Hobbywing (Hobbywing.Com)
2n1 Fusion SE 1200KV
Injora (Injora.Com)
SCX10 Transmission
1.9 Wagon Wheel Rims
Traxxas (Traxxas.Com)
TRX4 Shocks
FlySky (FlySky-CN.Com)
Noble NB4
Spec’D’Out Hobbies (Cults3D) [My Company]
Fusion SE Power Button Mounting Plate
Gspeed Velcro Mounts

Last edited:
Alright. Fixed 2 issues with the rig. I dont know how long I was in 3WD lol, and the link end that busted.

IMG_7126.jpeg

IMG_7127.jpeg

I’m also considering going with magnets instead of Velcro when I do a new body for it. Unsure what body ima do. Let’s see yalls favorite comp body’s.

Less rotational mass.

Can't wait to see it dressed up @Addict Rc
Oh lol. Yeah, it's looking like a pretty sick build so far. But he better be getting those lug bolts in or I'm gonna unlike him 🤪

Wait a minute. I'm gonna look now. You better be joking 🤨😜
My gmade wheels I broke a few studs on. One or two fell out of those and my black wheels. Any trailer wheel I posted might be missing 1-3.

Less rotational mass.

Can't wait to see it dressed up @Addict Rc
Yeah yeah sure. That’s defo it lol
Oh lol. Yeah, it's looking like a pretty sick build so far. But he better be getting those lug bolts in or I'm gonna unlike him 🤪
Damn that’s atleast like 1.3G I’d be adding to the rig. 😬😂
My gmade wheels I broke a few studs on. One or two fell out of those and my black wheels. Any trailer wheel I posted might be missing 1-3.
That’s how it goes.