Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More body work to the 2500 hd under cover.

20230406_161958.jpg

What batteries are you running in the mini? I'm in the middle of reviving mine. Looks pretty dope with the wheels.
Sorry, haven't been on here in a... bit. lol!

I ran these, but got ones with xt60 (I think) connectors.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09NZCC7JC/

Going to try these now though:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L6BNTDV/

Got a few more parts for it for my b-day last month.

New pushrods, axle carriers, summit axles, motor cooler, rewired/routed again so I could remove the motor fan without opening the dreadful receiver box, also moved the servo so the wiring wasn't stupid.

My wife ordered the carriers and couldn't get both in red... oh well, the rears are gunmetal, both sets are from atomikrc and fit really well. Hoping they allow it to center better as I couldn't get the RPM carriers on it to not bind ever so slightly. Now they don't bind at all.
2023-0317-merv-body-front.jpg

2023-0317-merv-escSide.jpg

Also made a little plate to tie the front skid to the center. Read somewhere that it helps keep the chassis/bulkheads from breaking. Apparently someone used to make a chassis brace that went under the shocks to help this, but they don't make it anymore. And the t-bone skid plate system doesn't exist anymore as that was another solution. Will see how this does...
2023-0317-merv-bottom.jpg

Last edited:
Stickered up my RC entry for the 2023 Chihuahua Express road rally later this month in Mexico. It's a 1:1 event but I celebrate here with a back yard replica race. Body is P-L 1966 Ford F150. Chassis is MT10. 3800Kv sensorless, 120A ESC, 2S x 5000mAh 100C battery. Trencher tire set.

20230409_143915_resize RCT.jpg

20230409_143953_resize RCT.jpg

That's looking great. Wish I had half the ambition you do lol
Much appreciated
It took me 2 years to get this far. 🫠🙃 I have focusing problems I guess you can say.

@olds97_lss I noticed you come and go. I actually just looked a week or so ago to see if you've been around.

Much appreciated in your response. Every question answered from the skid brace to the carriers. I have RPM carries and they are smooth. I'm not an "rpm" guy but am shocked with that you were having issues. I was able to snag STRC front and rear shock mounts, but all the other goodies are gone. I think they were hit with a cease and desist around 2016, they dropped all parts and they dried up fast.

The main issues I have is ring and pinions. I have atleast 10 sets in my throw box. But I'm a big block and found out how to bunny hop. 🫠

I'll take my oxygen tanks, I can breath under water for a little while anyway.
Always look on the bright side! You'll have to get us some pics of the pontoon on the water. We want a report on how fast it goes too, so we can suggest some upgrades 😉

@Tunedpipe Let us know how your steering mod on the pontoon worked out on it's first voyage. :thumbs-up:
I was going to ask TP if he's at least tried it out yet. I am curious too. It looks like a wicked setup.

@Tunedpipe Let us know how your steering mod on the pontoon worked out on it's first voyage. :thumbs-up:
It worked out perfectly. Very nice. Setup and takedown kind of sucks but so I will only use it on a certain reservoir. The reservoir today, no because the way the boat ramps are set up so several people would have to wait for me to put everything together or take apart.
I can't do it on the back of my truck because it would be too heavy to load and unload.
A couple more reservoirs we use will be perfect because there is a area to unload it and set things up.
Another words, Owyhee reservoir has three boat ramps but only wide enough for one rig each and a long walk up a steep incline to get back to the truck.
The other reservoirs have a wide ramp big enough for 5 rigs to launch their boats and a old ramp that nobody uses that I like to use for that reason.
Crane Creek Reservoir rarely do we see anybody else there so blocking the ramp isn't a big deal.

Last edited:
Taking apart and cleaning up the slash from yesterdays field bash and water bash. One of the shocks leaked oil and now all of the dirt and grass is all over it.
PXL_20230410_211533440.jpg

Next I'll be wenching on the buggy with the new front shock tower, shock shaft and a couple other things.

Yesterday on the buggy I rebuilt the front and rear diff with 15k AE oil (from the carpet car kit setup) and redid some of the wiring.