Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been concentrating on fishing more than anything "almost time" and have been working on my pontoon as you can see above.
The idea of keeping myself above the water line instead of below it is a bonus in itself...:p
Anyways, back to the regularly scheduled program, here is what I am doing with the pontoon.
When I turn my swivel seat, it controls my trolling motor for hands free steering.
I used a bicycle goose neck and mountain bike handle bars which worked great and was the exact size.
My fish finder transducer is mounted under the motor.

"insert quote here" man that tunedpipe guy is a fricken genius. :cool:

The speed controller will be here today.
Don't mind the mess, the grand like have been running the 1/24s.

IMG_0811.JPG

Controller

616-F0ER13L._SL1200_.jpg

Last edited:
I've been concentrating on fishing more than anything "almost time" and have been working on my pontoon as you can see above.
The idea of keeping myself above the water line instead of below it is a bonus in itself...:p
Anyways, back to the regularly scheduled program, here is what I am doing with the pontoon.
When I turn my swivel seat, it controls my trolling motor for hands free steering.
I used a bicycle goose neck and mountain bike handle bars which worked great and was the exact size.
My fish finder transducer is mounted under the motor.

"insert quote here" man that tunedpipe guy is a fricken genius. :cool:

The speed controller will be here today.
Don't mind the mess, the grand like have been running the 1/24s.

View attachment 160983

Controller

View attachment 160984

Man that Tunedpipe guy is a frickin' genius! You guys see the way he combined his mountain bike fetish with his fishing obsession? Amazing! Now if he could squeeze an RC in there somewhere he could reach godhood. 🤣

Man that Tunedpipe guy is a frickin' genius! You guys see the way he combined his mountain bike fetish with his fishing obsession? Amazing! Now if he could squeeze an RC in there somewhere he could reach godhood. 🤣
LOL my plan is to hook up the DXC5 hahhahaa.

And no flat tires.;)

That is really clever man! And it probably would have been much easier to just connect a big servo to the trolling motor and drive it with a remote, but this keeps your hands free. So it's a much better option in my opinion. I never knew you were an engineer 😉

I put new Injora shocks in my ASX24 and it made a big difference. Got rid of the body roll and bounciness, It no longer looks like it's having a seizure. Also makes it look purdy. ;)
PSX_20230228_192705.jpg

I haven't done anything, the last two weeks at work have been brutal and this week seems to be more of the same, I had lots of plans for last weekend, but was to exhausted to even putter. I sat at my worktable and looked at my RC's and couldn't focus, I have two projects torn apart and nothing was making sense so I gave up. Hoping this weekend is a little more productive. :dead:

I suffer from that a lot these days. I feel like I never get anything done anymore lol

I have had 2 bad colds since Christmas and the way the weather has been up here being outside has not sounded fun. Therefore I have not touched any of my RC projects in over a month and have been hyper-focused on my 1/64 diorama project.

I also went from being let go because my position was being eliminated, to Operations Manager in the course of a day recently. I think it makes some people I work with a little nervous because while I won't be their manager I will be doing oversight and auditing on them because my number one priority is fixing some of the profitability issues I've seen for years and they know the owners are ready to listen now.

So being dialed in on that project has been a healthy distraction on the weekend. The rivers have also been too high for me to run my crawling spots most weekends lately and while the LHS has a nice little course I often go crawl to get away from people. I did pass a new construction site this morning that just leveled and laid gravel on for a new development. Acres of fresh level gravel with a couple little hills here and there. Thinking if the weather is near decent I might have to run a few packs through the Vorteks and maybe my wife's Rustler since neither has been run since before Christmas.

I don't know why but RC always seems to take the back burner for me when life gets hectic.

It has it's own workbench now. ;)

This was test fitting the new addition last night.

PXL_20230228_061051497_2.jpg
PXL_20230228_054014463.NIGHT.jpg

My nephew bought a used Revo 3.3 that looks to be in pretty good shape.
He brought it over and told me do what I want with it and get it running.
YAYYYYY I have something to work on.

I need to get some mad flaps for my slash.
Lol mad flaps. MUD flaps.
Yea, I saw you stated that the other day and I was like "O...gotta get me some of them!". 😂

So thanks for the suggestion! 😁👍👊✌️

Fyi if ya didn't know.....you need the RPM bumper to use em.

Did some work on bronco… I removed the roof rack & spare tire. I also added some magnets to replace the Velcro
B9F5F6BA-4E8D-40D1-8D2A-368975CCBD00.jpeg
E501BA68-3875-42E9-961B-1B24C9C80367.jpeg
F1385808-A3DA-442D-A220-179653A62C9A.jpeg

Finished up the winter maintenance on my Noto6s. Got the new metal center diff in and all put back together!! :thumbs-up:

Also spent the past two days moving about 50 bins and boxes from our original shed, farther back on our property, to a new one by the driveway. Mostly holiday bins. I haven't had that much exercise all winter! 😂

singing..... "talk about mud flaps, my girl's got 'em "

No she doesn't, but that song is not stuck in my head.

After school today ill be wrenching on the buggy. Hopefully it was just a screw that came out of the shock shaft for the piston. I had that loctighted too.

@Joe crawler The Bronco looks so Nekkid. :eek:
Bucking Nekkid Bronco 🤣 I saw a video on YouTube (can’t remember 🤤 who) they cut the top off their bronco using thread, just sawing back and forth. Made a nice clean cut it looked like.

Bucking Nekkid Bronco 🤣 I saw a video on YouTube (can’t remember 🤤 who) they cut the top off their bronco using thread, just sawing back and forth. Made a nice clean cut it looked like.

Yeah the thread is an old modeling trick. It works well if you have a way to hold what your cutting still.

Yeah the thread is an old modeling trick. It works well if you have a way to hold what your cutting still.
The guy in the video used his gut & the edge of his work table to hold it still…but it still seems useful to know this trick for future projects