Who was wrenching today??? What did you do??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taking apart and cleaning up the slash from yesterdays field bash and water bash. One of the shocks leaked oil and now all of the dirt and grass is all over it. View attachment 163294
Next I'll be wenching on the buggy with the new front shock tower, shock shaft and a couple other things.

Yesterday on the buggy I rebuilt the front and rear diff with 15k AE oil (from the carpet car kit setup) and redid some of the wiring.
Yeah, chassis looks about right after a day bash. Reads like she held up o.k. and you had a fun day RCing. Cheers. 'AC'

Taking apart and cleaning up the slash from yesterdays field bash and water bash. One of the shocks leaked oil and now all of the dirt and grass is all over it. View attachment 163294
Next I'll be wenching on the buggy with the new front shock tower, shock shaft and a couple other things.

Yesterday on the buggy I rebuilt the front and rear diff with 15k AE oil (from the carpet car kit setup) and redid some of the wiring.
Gotta love wet dirty days. I had to drive my stampede home as I didn't want gritty mud in my back pack. Gotta love the Big T shock problems.

How durable is the Slash chassis? I'm thinking of converting a stampede over to one.

How durable is the Slash chassis? I'm thinking of converting a stampede over to one.
The LCG chassis is pretty durable. The lower plate for the steering is ok. I had problems with breaking the pegs for the bellcranks but fixed it because I was using the wrong type of screw. 🤦 The stock slash HCG is terrible. The skid plates break, and the chassis cracks. Also it's 3 plus inches off the ground. With the LCG it lowers it by almost 2 inches I think.

Here is after the clean up.
PXL_20230410_234906804.jpg

Do not know if this counts since the truck is tiny, but I did try to upgrade my wheels tires and suspension parts on my Axial SCX24 Gladiator.
And even more Embarrassing I failed, half the suspension upgrades would not actually fit and the wheels came with the incorrect screws, way to short to fit any possible tire I have and I have many, Oh well another day. Flaps

20230410_184957.jpg

20230410_184952.jpg

Do not know if this counts since the truck is tiny, but I did try to upgrade my wheels tires and suspension parts on my Axial SCX24 Gladiator.
And even more Embarrassing I failed, half the suspension upgrades would not actually fit and the wheels came with the incorrect screws, way to short to fit any possible tire I have and I have many, Oh well another day. Flaps

View attachment 163306

View attachment 163307
Sure it counts!

With the small SCX24 beadlocks, it usually looks like the screws are too short. It is sometimes easier to get a couple longer screws and mount them 180° apart. Crank them down a little at a time until you can get the regular screws in a few turns. Remove the longer screws and install the last two screws then work in a criss-cross pattern, working them down a little bit at a time.

This may not be the case, but every 1.0 and .7 beadlock I have put together seemed like the screws were too short.

Sure it counts!

With the small SCX24 beadlocks, it usually looks like the screws are too short. It is sometimes easier to get a couple longer screws and mount them 180° apart. Crank them down a little at a time until you can get the regular screws in a few turns. Remove the longer screws and install the last two screws then work in a criss-cross pattern, working them down a little bit at a time.

This may not be the case, but every 1.0 and .7 beadlock I have put together seemed like the screws were too short.
Thanks for the tip, tried your idea, my go to wheels would not work not matter what I tried, so I went with the other not as nice looking, mounted no issue, who knows. Flaps

Finished the Infraction electronics upgrade with a sidewinder 3 brushless motor combo, Lipo battery and Flysky receiver BS6.
Wow what a difference.
Stock Mega Infraction
PXL_20230404_201232408.jpg

Plus Sidewinder 3 Brushless ESC and motor Combo
PXL_20230404_200233928.jpg

After Electrical Upgrades
PXL_20230411_000825902.jpg

The fuse, power and ground lead are for future light and sound upgrades.
This is going to be a drift truck so not all that torque is going in the stock gear box shafts and diffs.
Still looking for a nice big flat smooth area to get this thing sideways.

Stock
After Upgrades

Thanks for the tip, tried your idea, my go to wheels would not work not matter what I tried, so I went with the other not as nice looking, mounted no issue, who knows. Flaps
RC4WD sells scale looking hex bolts, even some small ones that fit most 1.0 wheels. Do you know what size thread they are? I'm guessing they are M1.6's, but ya never know. And how long do you think you need?

Sure it counts!

All my 1.9s are the same also. They all came with 2 long screws for said reason.

RC4WD sells scale looking hex bolts, even some small ones that fit most 1.0 wheels. Do you know what size thread they are? I'm guessing they are M1.6's, but ya never know. And how long do you think you need?
They are Hex, the ones included are 5.3MM Long , 1.8mm thread thickness, Figuring out how much shorter is harder for me anyway, my guess would be
3 to 5mm more needed

They are Hex, the ones included are 5.3MM Long , 1.8mm thread thickness, Figuring out how much shorter is harder for me anyway, my guess would be
3 to 5mm more needed
M1.8 seems like an odd size. It's definitely not common.

Woo hoo, local hobby had what I needed, a little pricey at $.50 each, but at least I can complete the mess, lol

Too big, too small ?
Real life it would go squish. 😆🤣 as one in the art of crates, the thing to consider is wood thickness and width. They come in many shapes and sizes. I can list dems of incoming and out goings.

One day when I get a 1/14 semi I'm gonna make a scale 53 footer full.

And here we go again, new tires and wheels and she won't drive properly, For now I give up, back to the plastic lousy looking wheels.

Too much weight ? To thick a tire ? Nothing seems to be hitting, but it is a mess compared to pre change.

Oh well,