The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a filament breakage sensor for my Ender 3 FDM 3d printer. The final piece before flashing the new firmware and reassembling with the new motherboard, dual drive extruder, touchscreen display and the breakage sensor. It should make my prints more consistent. Then time to start the process with the Mars Resin Printer.

Another SBA3 brace, a Hornady ultrasonic cleaner, and another 5,000rds of the stuff my .22s love.

Vw4DiKP.png

itVe3ct.png

PtVynTP.png

Ordered a set of traxxas 3655P (blue heavy duty) arms for my stampede 4x4. My inside pivot balls keep popping off and I suspect it's due to the extra twisting/flex the RPM arms allow. I didn't have too many issues with the original arms, just broke a couple, which is why I went with RPM... but they flex soooooo much. Pretty sure they are the reason I busted one of my X-duty cvd's a week or two ago. Granted, it was a bad landing, probably would break a non-rpm arm, but who knows.

personally I think your priorities are reversed. I would never spend money on my truck when I had an RC that needed repair ;)
But without tires, I can't get my RCs to the bashing site or flying field.

Well, my hitec d7 200w x 2/20A x 2 charger has been letting me down lately. It's leaving packs unbalanced, even brand new ones and it's taking forever to charge what should take 30 minutes at the rate I'm charging them. It got bad enough that I decided to stop using it as one of the last packs I took off was 4.21,4.09,4.19 off the charger... don't like seeing higher than 4.20 coming off of it and it took 2 hours to charge a 5000mah pack at 10A on it... should have been 30 minutes or less. I even recycled the pack on my dynamite 4x100 to storage, to full, to storage and it did it in the proper amount of time and ended with the cells being .01 from each other.

So, I decided it was time to try DC, ordered a 24V 72A converted PSU from lipoconnectionsolutions.com and 2 of the GT500 Revolectrix chargers from them directly to replace it. Should have plenty of power to add a 3rd and possibly 4th down the line as I typically don't charge at more than 15A with 2x5000mah 3S packs in parallel on a port.

Sold my savage X for $300 (ate it on shipping a bit), then turned around and blew the money on new charging stuff. I just didn't want to be fighting with packs not getting charged properly all summer.

EDIT:
Still waiting on the PSU, so I spliced into the power of the D7 to use it's PSU while I wait.
2020-0607-HitecD7-PowerSplice.jpg

Also hard wired a couple 5V fans into the USB power as the cooling fans in the D7 only run when the charging circuit is doing work.
2020-0607-HitecD7-ConstantFanInstall.jpg

Just using 15A for each charger into pairs of 5000mah 3S packs in parallel for now... charged from storage in 17 minutes. lol!
2020-0607-Revolectrix-GT500-MRC959-Dyanmite4x100.jpg

Makes me wonder if I should have gotten the GT800's... it puts out 30A/800W.

Last edited:
Well, my hitec d7 200w x 2/20A x 2 charger has been letting me down lately. It's leaving packs unbalanced, even brand new ones and it's taking forever to charge what should take 30 minutes at the rate I'm charging them. It got bad enough that I decided to stop using it as one of the last packs I took off was 4.21,4.09,4.19 off the charger... don't like seeing higher than 4.20 coming off of it and it took 2 hours to charge a 5000mah pack at 10A on it... should have been 30 minutes or less. I even recycled the pack on my dynamite 4x100 to storage, to full, to storage and it did it in the proper amount of time and ended with the cells being .01 from each other.

So, I decided it was time to try DC, ordered a 24V 72A converted PSU from lipoconnectionsolutions.com and 2 of the GT500 Revolectrix chargers from them directly to replace it. Should have plenty of power to add a 3rd and possibly 4th down the line as I typically don't charge at more than 15A with 2x5000mah 3S packs in parallel on a port.

Sold my savage X for $300 (ate it on shipping a bit), then turned around and blew the money on new charging stuff. I just didn't want to be fighting with packs not getting charged properly all summer.
that's the whole reason I haven't tried to sell my Revo 3.3. it would cost almost as much to ship as what it's worth. Don't really care for it but not going to take a beating Just To See It Go

that's the whole reason I haven't tried to sell my Revo 3.3. it would cost almost as much to ship as what it's worth. Don't really care for it but not going to take a beating Just To See It Go
It was almost $70 to ship USPS to Florida from Illinois. I had expected $50. Still, I wasn't using it and figured someone else could while parts are still available. I still have a savage flux hp I don't drive either... lol! With enough spare parts to build nearly another one.

I ordered a new fishing pole from Academy supposed to come USPS the day it was supposed to get here the mailman left me a note and said that it was broken. so I stayed home and ordered a redelivery and the mailman left me another note and said I had to go to the post office to pick it up. so I drove to the post office they told me it was broken and they could not deliver it even though I paid an extra $25 shipping fee. they showed it to me and the thing was broken and useless and they said that I had to decline the delivery before they would send it back. even when the new one comes I still have to drive to the post office to pick it up. so I'm fed up with the post office and I'm just going to go buy a new damn fishing pole tomorrow