The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20200406_180752.jpg

just something to keep the bacon in the freezer

Ordered a servo and a couple 30mm aluminum fans from rcjuice. If the max6 fans die on me, I'll figure out a way to fit these in instead. Saw they have a few new servos in an email today, I had a weak moment and clicked on it... Hobbystar HCS-4521 for $35
  • Speed @4.8V: 0.16 sec
  • Speed @6.0V: 0.13 sec
  • Speed @7.4V: 0.10 sec
  • Torque @4.8V: 287 oz/in
  • Torque @6.0V: 347 oz/in
  • Torque @7.4V: 444 oz/in
Don't know why... I have 2 or 3 brand new JX Servo DC-5821LV servos I bought a while back to have spares of and I have a red DS3225 on hand... Guess if I can't hoard TP, I'll hoard servos. THe new one is a little quicker/stronger @6V and quite a bit quicker/stronger at 7.4V. The 5821LV's only run up to 6V, but they will still be plenty of servo for my smaller trucks. I'm running one in my ERBEv2 for steering now. It's a tad slow, but so am I, so it works out. :)

Also bought another charger... then canceled the order as the bid was a knee jerk (make an offer and won at 2am), then when I woke up in the morning, I remembered reading about it a while back and unless the firmware was a specific version, it was a dangerous unit to use for lipo's, the hitec X2-400. I wanted it to replace the HTRC AC/DC150DUO in my car as the buttons on one of the channels don't work. I can start/stop, but that's it. Luckily, the seller had no issue cancelling the order and refunding me.

Besides, my entire company just got our salaries cut by 10%... so buying stuff right now is probably dumb anyway. Just antsy being all cooped up I guess.

I've been doing a lot more sim racing while on lockdown, so I broke down and finally ordered the last piece of Fanatec gear I needed to finish my sim rig out with all Fanatec gear. I'm tired of having to get out tools to switch from sequential to manual H gate gearboxes. Can't wait for this to arrive.

Umhlxa3.png

Didn't buy it today but I did a week or so ago but just my luck 30 sticks of balsa busted in half.....:mad:

I got in two of the diff lock servos for my Faison. I also ordered shims so that when I have the differentials apart I can go ahead and get them shimed
I ordered Tekin T300 high torque servo for my Capra and one for my TRX 4.
I ordered another hobbywing 1080 crawler ESC and a spectrum Sr 515 receiver to put in my trx4
And the castle 10 amp b e c

Expensive day today. We took the RCs out and for some strange reason I smoked both spur gears in the stampede and stampede 4x4 so I ordered two sets. Also ordered parts for my build, motor and esc, front wheels and landing gear, rear wheel assembly, two servo's, hinges and control horns. I have to wait until next week to buy my radio, receiver and covering film. Also my iron and heat gun I'll order next week..