The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah i was gonna get the defender body from traxxas, but its 150 bucks...no thank you
Yea Traxxas bodies are expensive. Even the licensed ones like the Ford, Chevy, and Defender bodies for the TRX4.
The slash bodies (pro graphics, or pre-painted ones) go for 50+. Its insane.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My last monthly AMain order was back in early April so I am due for one. With the 10 dollars off monthly coupon and 15 dollars store credit. I got 25 dollars off.

Here is what I have in there:
  • Losi Mini B chassis protector sheets (2)
  • Losi Mini B chassis and mud guards - they just came back in stock a couple weeks ago
  • Hot Racing Mini T aluminum front bulk head - which fits the mini b - stock plastic breaks all the time
  • AE M4 Low Profile Serrated Wheel nuts - just in case I loose any for the buggy
  • 1UP RC 5mm Bullets Low Profile with Positive and Negative plug grips - I'm adding these just in case. I also like the grips so you don't damage the solder point or the wire
  • AE B74.1 Slipper Clutch conversion kit (2 pad) - when I race on carpet, Ill use the slipper clutch, when I go to the local clay track, ill use the center diff.
  • Hot Racing Hard Anodized Traxxas slipper pads - 2 sets for slash/rustler
  • ProTek Aluminum Pit Light
  • Traxxas Aluminum 4mm Serrated and Flanged wheel nuts - 2 sets for slash/rustler
Here is some stuff that is not on AMain or for later
  • MIP #99120 M4 x 12mm Pin Screw - For MIP X Duty driveshafts for the slash
  • Super Glue, Gorilla Glue, or CA glue - for tires, carbon fiber shock towers, fixing things - my radio trigger broke off again so ill be gluing that back up
  • New Radio - Have no idea which one yet. Thinking either RadioLink RC8X or Futaba 4PM Plus
  • New Mini B tires - Stock rear tires (white wheels) JConcepts Swagger fronts (white wheels) - Just to experiment for Losi Mini carpet racing on Saturday's.

Nitro rs4 exhaust paint, trx mini titanium turnbuckles

20230605_191755.jpg

20230605_155211.jpg

It’s sad Lunsford couldn’t find anyone to carry on the business. I really like their products.
It is. I wish I saw how many cars they made parts for. I was able to get titanium parts for 3 or 4 cars atleast.

I've got a bit of the Kobalt 24v stuff now. But a couple of weeks ago, I bought the hedge trimmers, which are excellent BTW. Today, I ran into some stuff that was just a bit big for those, so of course, off to Lowe's while the sale is still going on for the 12" chainsaw. It'll be all the saw I should ever need.

gzrui0e.jpg

I'm in the Dewalt ecosystem myself but loving all the battery power tools.

I need to snag me a little chain saw like that. I have a few projects that need done.

I guess I'm old school gas. Mostly Stihl but have Echo and Husqvarna. 🙂

Traxxas pink aluminum strc blue aluminum and some nitro rs4 and nitro rs4 drift parts.

20230608_171819.jpg

Finally saved up the cash to buy this bad boy! Supposed to be here in 10-14 days...can't wait!

View attachment 167171
Congrats. I like the push mowers they have, been abusing then for 20 years. Although I like exmark for a zero turn, this should be fine and do you wonders for years. I'm saddened they all use plastic chutes now.

I guess I had a few drinks and bought a 200mm Ferrari shell with some wheels among other things. 🤣

Went to the family owned LHS yesterday. Got a new servo for the slash, RPM parts for the slash/rustler, extra body clips. Some stickers, he also gave me a charge adapter for my laptop. Also got some extra driveshafts for the mini b.

Since I was paying in cash, he made it 50 dollars even. So I got 7 dollars off. Pretty nice of him. I go to him for laptop stuff or laptop repairs too.

Congrats. I like the push mowers they have, been abusing then for 20 years. Although I like exmark for a zero turn, this should be fine and do you wonders for years. I'm saddened they all use plastic chutes now.
Yeah. I did buy the mulching kit for it but the cover is still plastic o_O

I guess I had a few drinks and bought a 200mm Ferrari shell with some wheels among other things. 🤣
I have never done anything like that before!!! 🤣

Last edited:
I ordered an LCG 4x4 Slash pan and some RPM shock towers to convert my rustler to a slash. I have everything else i need on the shelf from leftovers after my Porsche/Slash build. Was able to get all of it with rewards credits from A Main.

Last weekend I went to a track out in Mount joy PA and they have a bunch of classes but one is “open slash” ultimately I want an 1/8 4wd buggy but this seemed like the cheapest possible way to get on track for now.

I ordered an LCG 4x4 Slash pan and some RPM shock towers to convert my rustler to a slash. I have everything else i need on the shelf from leftovers after my Porsche/Slash build. Was able to get all of it with rewards credits from A Main.

Last weekend I went to a track out in Mount joy PA and they have a bunch of classes but one is “open slash” ultimately I want an 1/8 4wd buggy but this seemed like the cheapest possible way to get on track for now.

Gotta love when your rewards credits cover your purchases. :thumbs-up: