Hammer’s Murder Nova 😎

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammer Down

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
Alright fellas here goes.. This is just the intro to my Murder Nova build.
First off, it’s a Losi 22s drag roller. It has a Proline black 69 Nova body. Sporting a Castle power plant, Mamba X and a 14 series sensored can. There is a fan over the motor on a custom printed mount, it also has a custom printed rear shock tower extension/re-locator, to make the shocks more vertical. Used a ds3225 servo up front for turning. Tires are Proline reactions proline wheels. Oh.. and a rear sway bar too!
That’s all I can think of off the top of my head. I’ve only had it out three times so far but I’m a quick learner..
Here’s a few pics, I’ll try and keep this updated with upgrades and PB’s 😎
057DEBC3-52F0-4810-A57C-C516C0E57907.jpeg
F8D47CF0-988E-488B-9855-4EE741AFB541.jpeg
EAA04508-E1C7-4B56-B2B4-232FD0F89BC1.jpeg
F5EC73E0-F6B0-46A3-B5E7-E7960E11C090.jpeg
CCBB63FA-3B56-4169-82B0-0260620532D5.jpeg
41A1CBAD-C553-4D67-B466-7AD124D8D2A5.jpeg

47413CF4-51B5-4D0A-8370-143120F7E165.jpeg

497526B1-9B8B-4AE2-A63B-C4C6A0ADFECF.jpeg
3D278B44-4F13-469F-8568-9E773C8D8C67.jpeg

A few of my best times so far.. like I said, I’ve only had it out 3 times, we’ll get better!
D8DDDAA2-8400-41B0-A6A5-E135899B97C2.png
83395D9B-57D7-4D22-A7A7-F608819D3AAB.png
69E6A9F7-6DDD-4876-B21F-DA684F3EED54.png

Last edited:
Love that black Nova body! What kv motor are you running? Are you planning on racing it competitively?

Love that black Nova body! What kv motor are you running? Are you planning on racing it competitively?
Thanks bro, it’s a 5700kv. There’s a local group (dozen or more) that meet every Friday and Sunday and they race for $$$
I went to watch and see.. you know how that goes.. 😂 Now I’ve got this little monster 😈

Last edited:
Thanks bro, it’s a 5700kv. There’s a local group (dozen or more) that meet every Friday and Sunday and they race for $$$
I went to watch and see.. you know how that goes.. 😂 Now I’ve got this little monster 😈
Whats your fastest guy's typical time? Theres guys around here that do it too. I want to build one over the winter so I can hang out with the cool kids next year lol

Whats your fastest guy's typical time? Theres guys around here that do it too. I want to build one over the winter so I can hang out with the cool kids next year lol
Not quite sure.. I only went the one time, I’ve been busy building and practicing before I go back and embarrass myself. 😉

Not quite sure.. I only went the one time, I’ve been busy building and practicing before I go back and embarrass myself. 😉
If you have/want to spend the money look into the Mamba Monster X 8S ESC and a Tekin eliminator 2.5T motor with a high quality lipo. Some of the guys around here are running as low as 2.2-2.3 seconds using that set up. Some of the fastest times I've ever seen so far. Thats what I'm going to use in my build. Unless I find something better in the mean time. It seems like no prep has been evolving right in front of my eyes this year. Everytime I watch these guys theyve found some bigger and better thing. They race for $$$ too.

If you have/want to spend the money look into the Mamba Monster X 8S ESC and a Tekin eliminator 2.5T motor with a high quality lipo. Some of the guys around here are running as low as 2.2-2.3 seconds using that set up. Some of the fastest times I've ever seen so far. Thats what I'm going to use in my build. Unless I find something better in the mean time. It seems like no prep has been evolving right in front of my eyes this year. Everytime I watch these guys theyve found some bigger and better thing. They race for $$$ too.
I too noticed that trend from the vids I watch. Already have a spare MMX8s that I may put in there eventually. Would have put it in straight away had I known.. Like you said, no prep is evolving right before our eyes! 👀 Scale drag racing has officially arrived. I can see why tho it’s pretty fun!

I wish someone would come up with another starting tree system like Traxxas had. Does anyone know of anything small and affordable? I know it probably wouldn't be too hard to just make one with sensors for staging and all, but that is above my pay grade.

The 22S is our next car I think. Just gonna grab the RTR for now and go from there.

An off the shelf tree would be nice. I can’t believe with all the attention no prep has gotten lately, no one has released anything. I’ve seen kits guys are selling, but you still need to do most of the building yourself..

An off the shelf tree would be nice. I can’t believe with all the attention no prep has gotten lately, no one has released anything. I’ve seen kits guys are selling, but you still need to do most of the building yourself..
Got any links? I'd love to build one.

I'm really surprised Traxxas hasnt re-released the DTS-1.

Back