The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL no doubt, I would be more concerned, dad can't keep a secret. lol
I never can. The last 3 years I have given him his big Christmas present a month ahead of time lol. Then bought him another big one at Christmas because I am just no good at holding back.

I'm pretty good at hiding until the event.
However, four years ago in June, my son's birthday July 1st, I bought him .22-250 rifle and loaded up 5 boxes of ammo. He was moving to Texas at the time in late July but I gave it to him two weeks before his BD. I couldn't hold out.

Thanks wolf. I really like the green on the Xmaxx. I was going to paint my own but decided to go with the factory body.
I've looked for a month for green shocks and finally found these at Jennys RC.
I'm doing a black and green build on Betty. Green is my wifes favorite color :)

The is a really enjoyable build but with Christmas coming and 13 grandkids to buy for, it kind of put a hold on things.
I had to jump on these shocks though because I believe they would have been gone today.

Got my CNHL 9500mAh 4s pack for my 4s speed runs. Hopefully should help drastically with voltage sag over the 5000mAh pack I'm running now. Also finally after 3 months on backorder got my CNC input pinions for one of my 3s Arrma rigs just have to decide which one gets the beefy full metal diffs 🤔
20210917_144407.jpg
20210917_113330.jpg
20210917_160640.jpg

Got out cheap thus week. A slipper module a pinion gear for rear diff. And axial 6s shock bushing.
Got my CNHL 9500mAh 4s pack for my 4s speed runs. Hopefully should help drastically with voltage sag over the 5000mAh pack I'm running now. Also finally after 3 months on backorder got my CNC input pinions for one of my 3s Arrma rigs just have to decide which one gets the beefy full metal diffs 🤔View attachment 133013View attachment 133014View attachment 133015
Oooh I want to know what I choose and how that goes. 1 day I'll eventually have my BR able to handle my terrible driving lol

More lipos for testing.

Turnigy Graphine 90C 6000mah 2S (Crazy packaging on this one)
20210817_115109.jpg

Its kinda like they put a ribbon around it lol
20210817_115126.jpg

Magnetically sealed
20210817_115142.jpg

20210817_115147.jpg
20210817_115156.jpg

Nice little pouch and bag of leads
20210817_115216.jpg

and last but not least...shrink wrapped :)
20210817_115235.jpg

Also added the Turnigy nano tech 65c 5000mah 2S
20210817_114956.jpg

Shipping LiPo s by US mail? I thought you could not do that. I know you can not mail Li-ion.

Damn man what kind of testing you going to do lol? I also do some testing for speed runs but only between a couple brands and even the same brand. Here is a good comparison I did to see which CNHL pack is better for speed running, either the G+5000mAh 70c 4s pack or the Racing Series 90c 5200mAh 4s pack. Surprisingly the lower C rated and mAh pack ran better by not only top speed but voltage sag and sustained voltage after the pass. But this is also only under a lower gearing and load so I will be doing some more testing under a lot heavier load and taller gearing soon.

Damn man what kind of testing you going to do lol? I also do some testing for speed runs but only between a couple brands and even the same brand. Here is a good comparison I did to see which CNHL pack is better for speed running, either the G+5000mAh 70c 4s pack or the Racing Series 90c 5200mAh 4s pack. Surprisingly the lower C rated and mAh pack ran better by not only top speed but voltage sag and sustained voltage after the pass. But this is also only under a lower gearing and load so I will be doing some more testing under a lot heavier load and taller gearing soon.
This thread talks about the overall plan, the lipos being tested and shows the tools I've purchased for testing.
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/comparing-lipos.130493/

This thread shows the High current discharging tool I built for the tests cuz you can't buy anything that will pull 100A out of a lipo.
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/30-45-80-120a-lipo-discharger-build.131262/

This thread talks about the overall plan, the lipos being tested and shows the tools I've purchased for testing.
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/comparing-lipos.130493/

This thread shows the High current discharging tool I built for the tests cuz you can't buy anything that will pull 100A out of a lipo.
https://www.rctalk.com/forum/threads/30-45-80-120a-lipo-discharger-build.131262/
OK pretty interesting for sure! Going to have a lot of upkeep on all those packs though good god😱

But if it comes out next month like I am hoping I don't know if I can keep it hidden that long
LOL no doubt, I would be more concerned, dad can't keep a secret. lol
We both know that the you are not keeping the USA-1 a secret. That will be out and running with a video sent to Braydon. Look what came bud. It's awesome 😉😉😉🤣🤣🤣
Got my upgrade metal steering parts for the RGT and also some decals from @WoodiE View attachment 133283
Oh man I need some RCT decals. How do I get some of those.. Woodie??? Let me know please decals for all on me....

We both know that the you are not keeping the USA-1 a secret. That will be out and running with a video sent to Braydon. Look what came bud. It's awesome 😉😉😉🤣🤣🤣

Oh, I couldn't do that to Breydon. It will kill me to not open it on the spot, but it will at least stay boxed up til he gets here to unbox it on camera, even if I have to con his mother into letting me have him on an off weekend. For that, I think she wouldn't actually be able to resist him begging to come down. Dada knows how to play that game too, and Breydon knows how to be a team player 😉

Oh, and I want RCT decals too! I actually have a Ferrari and Mustang body those could go on right now!

Oh man I need some RCT decals. How do I get some of those.. Woodie??? Let me know please decals for all on me....
@WoodiE are there rct decals available to buy?
If you guys send him a message with your address and ask nicely he'll get ya taken care of😉