The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@WickedFog I hate when you wait for something, just to have it wrong when it arrives! :doh:
Yeah, they gave me $4 off a $10 item that I fixed in 5 minutes, so it's all good. But how they made the thing like that just baffles me. On a side note - my printer is printing beautifully again. In fact, I think better than it ever has.

Picked up a Castle 3800kv motor
20210722_055440.jpg

Castle 2200kv... Post office really did a number on the shipping box. At least it wasn't an ESC lol
20210722_055530.jpg

Gravity fed .5mm Badger Airbrush
20210722_055546.jpg

Found a set of LST2 big bore threaded aluminum Shocks. Ill probably try and make em work on my Savage X SS one of these years when I get around to building it. lol
20210911_084732.jpg

Also got a Challenger Hellcat body to use on my drift car. Gonna try and make it look exactly like my 1:1 :)
20210911_084956.jpg
20210911_084952.jpg

I think I have 3 Badger air bushes at home, the oldest is from about 1985 or so. :thumbs-up:
I have .3 gravity fed Iwata and a .5 Syphon feed Iwata but I didnt have a .5 Gravity feed. I know Badger is supposed to at least be a decent brand and I picked it up for like half the price of an Iwata so I figured Ill give it a shot.

I have .3 gravity fed Iwata and a .5 Syphon feed Iwata but I didnt have a .5 Gravity feed. I know Badger is supposed to at least be a decent brand and I picked it up for like half the price of an Iwata so I figured Ill give it a shot.
The Badger line is really second only to Iwata. Unless you conider the really high end automotive brands that are like $500+. Nice airbrush!

Some may be nicer, but Badger is the only one I find comfortable in my hand. I've had to change a few seals over the years but they are reliable.

Some may be nicer, but Badger is the only one I find comfortable in my hand. I've had to change a few seals over the years but they are reliable.
My first one was a Badger. That thing sprayed mud if I wanted it to. Really good airbrush.

I picked up this DK4 from Blaze RC for my daughter (and as a test mule for some of my electronics setups). It has Xray plastics on it, based on what I believe is the ‘16 XB4. In the pictures it’s next to a 2021 XB4D. First impressions are good, quality looks excellent. It comes with the rally body and off-road body. I’m looking forward to getting it finished and on to the test track.

View attachment 132832
View attachment 132833

View attachment 132834
View attachment 132835

View attachment 132836
View attachment 132837
View attachment 132838

View attachment 132839
View attachment 132840

View attachment 132841
Nice fleet!

CNHL 9500mAh 4s pack for my 4/6s speed run Typhon. Hoping this helps keep my voltage sag down better then the 5000mAh pack I'm running nowView attachment 132844
Thats one heck of a battery!!!

The Badger line is really second only to Iwata. Unless you conider the really high end automotive brands that are like $500+. Nice airbrush!
Good to know!
I've not airbrushed enough to know to much of anything about them other than everyone raves about Iwata. Thats why I got the first 2. Picked em up for a good price used off of a guy that was getting out of the hobby. Dont know what I like and dont like yet so I guess we shall see. I've been waiting for Faskolor to start shipping paints again to buy some but they still arent selling anything so I may start looking at pactra or proline or something.

Nice fleet!

Thats one heck of a battery!!!

Good to know!

I've not airbrushed enough to know to much of anything about them other than everyone raves about Iwata. Thats why I got the first 2. Picked em up for a good price used off of a guy that was getting out of the hobby. Dont know what I like and dont like yet so I guess we shall see. I've been waiting for Faskolor to start shipping paints again to buy some but they still arent selling anything so I may start looking at pactra or proline or something.
I buy all my Faskolor from https://slotcarstore.net/

I buy all my Faskolor from https://slotcarstore.net/
Thanks for the link. You told me about this place before but my first 2 bodies I wanted to paint were gonna be metal flake pearl schemes and I can't find the faspearl or fasglitter colors I want. They dont have em either. I might just go with different colors or a different brand. Not sure. The painting is on hold right now anyway cuz I'm working on other projects so I'm just waiting to see if Faskolor starts selling again.

I am building my Xmaxx using the green theme so to speak and I searched all over the place for green Xmaxx shocks until a day or two ago I found two sets at Jennys. On the way... :) and yes, I bought the two sets to complete a set of four.
I was afraid they weren't going to be there Wednesday when I get paid. So, the wife said just get them and I bought them at a really decent price.

shocks.jpg

Last edited:
I am building my Xmaxx using the green theme so to speak and I searched all over the place for green Xmaxx shocks until a day or two ago I found two sets at Jennys. On the way... :) and yes, I bought the two sets to complete a set of four.
I was afraid they weren't going to be there Wednesday when I get paid. So, the wife said just get them and I bought them at a really decent price.

View attachment 132947
Good stuff! goona look awesome!

Thanks wolf. I really like the green on the Xmaxx. I was going to paint my own but decided to go with the factory body.
I've looked for a month for green shocks and finally found these at Jennys RC.

Thanks wolf. I really like the green on the Xmaxx. I was going to paint my own but decided to go with the factory body.
I've looked for a month for green shocks and finally found these at Jennys RC.
You are going to have that rig built in no time!

That's what I'm afraid of lol. Then I'll have Outcast 8s parts to worry about hahaha.
The ordering is actually going to slow down after this next order in a week, Christmas is coming and that usually takes it all.

That's what I'm afraid of lol. Then I'll have Outcast 8s parts to worry about hahaha.
The ordering is actually going to slow down after this next order in a week, Christmas is coming and that usually takes it all.
Same here, but fortunately the only person I have to buy for leaves his toys here, and he wants RC's 😉

That's cool, more time for the both of you.
I have 13 grandkids I have to buy for. Tough when we are on a fixed income.
Yeah, I bet. Well, at least it will give me time to catch up 😉

I actually am keeping some back til the USA-1 VE comes out. Hoping to get that one for his Xmas present. But if it comes out next month like I am hoping I don't know if I can keep it hidden that long. That would be super tough!