The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? Was this a bad purchase?

It really just depends on what you want to do with the rig. During a turn, your outside tire has to travel slightly farther than the inside tire, hence why we have diffs to begin with. On 1:1 off-road rigs, you usually have a button, etc to lock the diffs for just this reason. They really help put power down equally to all wheels, but manuverability suffers, so you'll see guys wheeling unlock for tighter turns.

I know on my Wraith and comp rig, I always noticed immediately how much room it took to turn vs. my other rigs. It's because the insisde tires are pushing/plowing the outside tires rather than the diff unlocking and letting it turn tight freely.

It really just depends on what you want to do with the rig. During a turn, your outside tire has to travel slightly farther than the inside tire, hence why we have diffs to begin with. On 1:1 off-road rigs, you usually have a button, etc to lock the diffs for just this reason. They really help put power down equally to all wheels, but manuverability suffers, so you'll see guys wheeling unlock for tighter turns.

I know on my Wraith and comp rig, I always noticed immediately how much room it took to turn vs. my other rigs. It's because the insisde tires are pushing/plowing the outside tires rather than the diff unlocking and letting it turn tight freely.
Not to mention on a brushless 8S truck... it's going to put a real hurting on your diff->wheel axles as well as the ring/pinion since there will be less likelihood a tire will break traction in extreme instances. I found that out back in the day when I got fed up with traxxas diffs in my t-maxx. The locker fixed my issue with the internal gears getting cooked, but moved the problem to my axles and ring/pinion.

hmmmmm, what to do what to do....

I just thought it would be cool to have posi traction. Wondering exactly how bad it will affect my turning radius. not to concerned about stressing parts. I'll hop it up till its bullet proof :)

My problem with lockers is after some time the drive shafts get play. That can make your car steer strongly one way or the other.

My axial, with the steel shafts, dont seem to have that issue.

hmmmmm, what to do what to do....

I just thought it would be cool to have posi traction. Wondering exactly how bad it will affect my turning radius. not to concerned about stressing parts. I'll hop it up till its bullet proof :)

No such thing, unfortunately. Trust me, I've tried.

More goodies. Ordering a couple of bodies for the crawlers next week.

mount.jpg
trans.jpg

Not to ruin your fun, take a picture of the purtty skid. Shes gonna have custom graphics soon.

A tip on wheel base rods in a pinch, or to find the length you need, run threaded rod into the plastic turn buckles. For protection, aluminum, brass or titaniunm tubing over it.

Every part from Vanquish that I have gotten is excellent quality. The major pieces were their licensed Currie axles.
That's good to hear, thank you. I've seen several Vanquish products in videos so I had no doubt.

Bought a lightly used Gopro Hero 8 Black on ebay. Picked it up for just over $200. Looks practically new out of the box. Also picked up some accessories for it like a headband mount so I can get better running footage in the future. :)
20210725_132809.jpg
20210725_133604.jpg
20210725_133629.jpg

Bought a lightly used Gopro Hero 8 Black on ebay. Picked it up for just over $200. Looks practically new out of the box. Also picked up some accessories for it like a headband mount so I can get better running footage in the future. :)
View attachment 130122View attachment 130123View attachment 130124
Hell yea. I got 3 3s a 4 and a 7. The 7 had a few issues, amd can't remove the battery.

Can you remove batterys on the 8?
Picked up the proline interior, 2 traxxas 32p spurs, 2 sheets of styrene v cut
I picked up another proline interior that was discontinued, 2 v cut styrene, and 2 traxxas 32p spurs.

https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/classic-interior-clear.asp

Hell yea. I got 3 3s a 4 and a 7. The 7 had a few issues, amd can't remove the battery.

Can you remove batterys on the 8?
Picked up the proline interior, 2 traxxas 32p spurs, 2 sheets of styrene v cut
I picked up another proline interior that was discontinued, 2 v cut styrene, and 2 traxxas 32p spurs.

https://www.prolineracing.com/bodies/classic-interior-clear.asp
Yes, The Hero 8 black has a removable battery. I bought an extra battery for it plus a dual charger. :)